Guest guest36187

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member but have been following this group for few months. 

I applied for my parent 143 visa on 25th Feb 2016, got a case officer allocated in early Dec 2019 and requested further documents.

AOS applied on 24th December and today I just received a call from Centrelink for interviewing.

I just wonder when I should expect the letter request for bank guaranty? would it be posted to you or via mygov inbox?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bic

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bic Nguyen said:

Hi Everyone,

I am a new member but have been following this group for few months. 

I applied for my parent 143 visa on 25th Feb 2016, got a case officer allocated in early Dec 2019 and requested further documents.

AOS applied on 24th December and today I just received a call from Centrelink for interviewing.

I just wonder when I should expect the letter request for bank guaranty? would it be posted to you or via mygov inbox?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bic

I got a message from myGov inbox with BG request letter which you can bring to the bank, but I didn't get any interview. hope this helps

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Everyone's smiling here on the mid north coast (NSW) as well because of the rain, and despite a localised tornado a couple of days ago.  People lost their roofs but the local tradies have gone round and repaired them for nothing....good community spirit!!!

Amazing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

Here we go !  Request for further documents received this morning

Oh you changed from 103! Yes the 103 has really stretched out now and I think we will see more people swopping over as they keep their original lodgement date when changing. 

On 04/02/2020 at 18:52, AMP said:

Hurrah!  Just been told to make arrangements to leave the country (specifically not via China!!) and my visa will then be granted. I paid the 2nd VAC on 28th January. It fits totally perfectly with my already planned visit to the UK for my stepdaughter’s wedding.  I really do feel so lucky and it will be brilliant to finally say that my official place of residence is Australia.

I can’t thank contributors to this forum enough for all the advice and support, practical and emotional, which they have given throughout this 4year plus process.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.   Good luck to all those who are still waiting.  It’s very much a case of playing the patience game and ultimately your time will also come round 

Many congratulations,  lots of celebrating when you get to uk and they issue your visa, very happy for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, nyorksgrannie said:

Many congratulations,  lots of celebrating when you get to uk and they issue your visa, very happy for you.

Many thanks both for your wishes and also for  the congratulations and good wishes from  others.  It really does feel fantastic when it all finally comes together.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

4 minutes ago, Gasda said:

That's weird. Some people applied April 2016 and has already got the RFI.

Yes I' noticed that. We used a MARA agent and who said sometimes the applications get processed outside of Australia.  The agent had one visa recently processed by the Australian embassy in Dubai.  Maybe this is why they're not be processed in exact date order. Who knows!

@Alan Collett obviously I’m aware that your advice is usually charged for  but wondered if you could clear something up for me

If you transfer money to Australia whilst the exchange rate is good in order to have the money there for 2nd Vac / living expenses during visits etc what happens please with regard to UK tax etc. 

Im not expecting to get my 143 visa  for a few years yet (June 2017) applicants but the rate is good at present. 

10 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@Alan Collett obviously I’m aware that your advice is usually charged for  but wondered if you could clear something up for me

If you transfer money to Australia whilst the exchange rate is good in order to have the money there for 2nd Vac / living expenses during visits etc what happens please with regard to UK tax etc. 

Im not expecting to get my 143 visa  for a few years yet (June 2017) applicants but the rate is good at present. 

Hi Linda.

I don't believe there's a tax issue here - unless you earn interest on the capital you have transferred to Australia, which should (given you are a tax resident of the UK) be subject to 10% withholding tax in Australia and will be taxable in the UK.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Hi Linda.

I don't believe there's a tax issue here - unless you earn interest on the capital you have transferred to Australia, which should (given you are a tax resident of the UK) be subject to 10% withholding tax in Australia and will be taxable in the UK.

Best regards.

Many thanks @Alan Collet. 
So if there  is 10% withholding tax in Australia  are you only taxed a further 10% in UK?

Just wondering  about not having to pay tax in both countries ? Trying to suss  out the lay of the  land if I decide to go over and wait on 600 or 870. 

Edited by LindaH27

3 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Many thanks @Alan Collet. 
So if there  is 10% withholding tax in Australia  are you only taxed a further 10% in UK?

Just wondering  about not having to pay tax in both countries ? Trying to suss  out the lay of the  land if I decide to go over and wait on 600 or 870. 

The issue is then your tax residency status in the UK and in Australia.

Best regards,

Thank you ! Sounds like it may be best to keep it in a current  account that doesn’t pay any interest!  Think a lot of people have just assumed it’s ok to transfer money over knowing it’s to be used in future for 2nd Vac charges. Thank you for your time!
Regards !  

3 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Thank you ! Sounds like it may be best to keep it in a current  account that doesn’t pay any interest! 

Not necessarily.   Think about it - if you get 5% interest and they hold back 10% of that interest, you still get to  keep 90%. of the interest.  As a non-resident, you don't need to fill in any tax returns in Australia, the 10% is just withheld.  You would then need to declare the interest on your British tax return but you also show the 10% Australian tax.  Then it depends on your tax bracket whether you get charged any extra. 

The bottom line is that the tax will only come out of the interest, not out of your capital, so you'll still be better off.     

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flangela100 said:

Hi

I've submitted my Form 80, had the medical etc.  Is there any way of checking with Immi the status of the medical ie if I need further tests?

Is it possible to link the application to my Immi account?

Cheers

Angela

You usually get an email from the doctor with details and that will tell you if there are any problems.  I was aware that there might be a problem while I was having the medical, went through a lot of tests to be told I was 100% OK!  Good luck 😎

Just dropped into Poms in Oz just over 3 years since our visa was granted. Very surprised to see some familiar names just receiving their visa grant. We had to wait 2years and 5 months for our visa and thought that was awful but the waiting seems to have increased substantially now. Good luck and lots of patience to all those in the queue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1