Guest guest36187

32 minutes ago, Peter2 said:

I think the condition referred to above is not on the parent visa itself, but on the partner visa instead, which eligible sponsor must not have sponsored another person or been sponsored during the last 5 years, so you need to check the eligibility criteria of the partner visa or any visa you want to apply to confirm.

An agent posted quite some time ago that this loophole was now closed. 

1 hour ago, Mily said:

When immi grant pr for her, if there is no condition attached to the visa then no worries. She can marry & sponsor for her partner straight away. 

the condition which you have to wait for 5 yrs normally applied to the case that only 1 parent come to Aus first while their partner still living in their country. As Linda said immi know people wanna reduce the cost for both you know.

No conditions attached to her and my mom visa as well . 

25 minutes ago, sh aron said:

No conditions attached to her and my mom visa as well . 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-onshore/temporary-820#Eligibility

(Select Sponsors, then Limitations on sponsorship)

Contributory Parent visa holders

You can’t usually sponsor someone for this visa if you:

• were granted a Contributory Parent visa after 30 June 2009 and
  • the applicant was your spouse or de facto partner before we granted you that visa, and
  • it has been less than 5 years since we granted you that visa

Best regards.

1 hour ago, ramot said:

An agent posted quite some time ago that this loophole was now closed. 

No, it is still a condition for the Partner (not parent)Visas, so one cannot sponsor multiple partners, just two and they must be 5 years apart.

The loophole that was closed was that if one person in a marriage was granted a Parent Visa, they could not then sponsor their other half on a Partner Visa - a huge well-exploited loophole that saved many people many thousands of dollars.

I would like to understand more about the Assurance of Support.

I understand the assurer promises to pay back for government supports. However, I do not know what is included or not included, i.e. what do we pay back. Are health care, concessions etc. included or just income support? I am so dumb about this. Thanks

1 minute ago, AlwaysVet said:

I would like to understand more about the Assurance of Support.

I understand the assurer promises to pay back for government supports. However, I do not know what is included or not included, i.e. what do we pay back. Are health care, concessions etc. included or just income support? I am so dumb about this. Thanks

https://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/1/10

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

No, it is still a condition for the Partner (not parent)Visas, so one cannot sponsor multiple partners, just two and they must be 5 years apart.

The loophole that was closed was that if one person in a marriage was granted a Parent Visa, they could not then sponsor their other half on a Partner Visa - a huge well-exploited loophole that saved many people many thousands of dollars.

Sorry if my post was unclear, I was referring only to the parent visa, as this idea was raised many years ago on the parent thread, and the loophole had been stopped.

Edited by ramot

Email received today for additional information........ UK Police certificates [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] we left the UK 13 years ago to live in Spain. The stated criteria is any country you have lived in for 12 months in the last ten years.....Are we going to complain?, Are we going to protest?, Are we going to try and contact Immigration?

Or

Are we going to grit our teeth and smile sweetly....of course...$412 thank you.

Just for your information if it applies to you.

Red wine anyone[emoji3][emoji3]

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Congratulations 1

1 hour ago, bridgie said:

Email received today for additional information........ UK Police certificates emoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png we left the UK 13 years ago to live in Spain. The stated criteria is any country you have lived in for 12 months in the last ten years.....Are we going to complain?, Are we going to protest?, Are we going to try and contact Immigration?

Or

Red wine anyoneemoji3.pngemoji3.png

Oh no!  Just don’t know what to say.

But red wine would be great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bridgie said:

Email received today for additional information........ UK Police certificates emoji35.pngemoji35.pngemoji35.png we left the UK 13 years ago to live in Spain. The stated criteria is any country you have lived in for 12 months in the last ten years.....Are we going to complain?, Are we going to protest?, Are we going to try and contact Immigration?

Or

Red wine anyoneemoji3.pngemoji3.png

So sorry to hear that. Maybe it's worth just sending a message to your case officer to explain that it was 13 years ago you left the UK...? He/she might reconsider, you never know. Yes please for red wine!! 😊

So sorry to hear that. Maybe it's worth just sending a message to your case officer to explain that it was 13 years ago you left the UK...? He/she might reconsider, you never know. Yes please for red wine!! [emoji4]

Thanks,

That’s exactly what I have done. It’s a bit bizarre because a Spanish police certificate has a page added if you are not a Spanish nation whereby they check in your country of birth whether you had a criminal record there.

Hey ho we’re more concerned about our trip to China at the moment to validate our PR.

Bridgie
  • Like 2

Hi

I need some help!  Registering the AoS is a saga!

My daughter hasn't claimed benefits in Australia, would she have a Centrelink CRN?

If not, what is the easiest way to get one.  All phone calls are ending with no help as they are information lines, which it tells you after 10 minutes on hold😱

Any suggestiobs would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Angela

11 minutes ago, Flangela100 said:

My daughter hasn't claimed benefits in Australia, would she have a Centrelink CRN?

If not, what is the easiest way to get one. 

No, she won't have a Centrelink CRN and will need to apply for one.

She can try logging in to MyGov (which she should have access to for her tax and Medicare already - if not, she should register) and she might be able to apply for a CRN through that.

However it's likely she'll still have to visit a Centrelink office in person to present her proof of ID, so she might as well just go straight to the office. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

No, she won't have a Centrelink CRN and will need to apply for one.

She can try logging in to MyGov (which she should have access to for her tax and Medicare already - if not, she should register) and she might be able to apply for a CRN through that.

However it's likely she'll still have to visit a Centrelink office in person to present her proof of ID, so she might as well just go straight to the office. 

Yes, better to go to Centrelink branch since they will need to verify your id before account is usable.

• Thanks 1

My son has been told he needs to go in person to Centerlink to get CRN -you need to get identity checked - this is causing his timeline to be tight as he is working offshore just now - at least we have moved on from just waiting unable to do anything  - now waiting for police checks to come back ,have booked medical s, working of Form 80 , we are thankful we have moved onto this stage

15 hours ago, LBee said:

My son has been told he needs to go in person to Centerlink to get CRN -you need to get identity checked - this is causing his timeline to be tight as he is working offshore just now - at least we have moved on from just waiting unable to do anything  - now waiting for police checks to come back ,have booked medical s, working of Form 80 , we are thankful we have moved onto this stage

Yes me too, this Centrelink thing of having to register in person is a real saga.  My daughter has no holiday due, so I don't know how we're going to get it done.  You'd think that it would be possible to create a CRN online, we do our police checks  etc online which is an identity check🤔

Hi this post is for the uninitiated, like myself, so you don't get caught out like we have. Even though I have an agent that could have explained this!

Assurance of Support (AoS)

If you're going to need sponsoring for your visa, your sponsor will need a Centrelink Customer Reference Number  (abbreviated to CRN)

They need a CRN to enable them to apply for the AoS on the Centrelink website.

Centrelink is the Australian benefits department.  If your sponsor has never needed to claim benefits, it's possible they don't have a CRN.  The only way to get a CRN is to queue up at the dole office (Centrelink), wait your turn, and get registered. This can't be done online.

Centrelink are open 08:30 to 16:30. Monday to Friday.

Therefore, if your sponsor is working, it means taking time off work. Mine happens to have no holiday due, so is proving to be a pain.

I would say mention this to your sponsor before you're asked for your AoS to be lodged, could be years before, as once they have a CRN it will be easier further down the line. 

They can go into Centrelink in their own time, perhaps a booked day of leave etc. And are ready when ever your case is picked up 

I hope this info is accurate, if it needs amending then let me know and I'll edit as necessary.

Edited by Flangela100
  • Thanks 1

Just for Info re. CONVERTING YOUR UK DRIVING LICENCE (Victoria)

To convert your UK licence to a Victorian one you need to apply for a driving licence (there is not a specific form for just changing over).  Call your local VicRoads to make an appointment and make sure you have your necessary id documents - Passport, UK Licence, proof of address (got my bank to stamp a printout of my bank statement), Visa Grant letter.  If you have a medical condition which had to be declared in the UK, the fact that you were granted a UK licence will not automatically be recognised in Victoria.  You will have to complete a form to be signed by a doctor that you are OK to drive.  You can pick up this form in the VicRoads office (probably online too), so if you have this ready there'll be no delay.  The receipt for the licence fee (about $80) gives you permission to drive until your licence arrives.

Even if you have no intention of driving here  it's a very good idea to get a driver's licence as it's the most commonly asked for form of ID and is much easier to carry than your passport!  

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sadge said:

Just for Info re. CONVERTING YOUR UK DRIVING LICENCE (Victoria)

To convert your UK licence to a Victorian one you need to apply for a driving licence (there is not a specific form for just changing over).  Call your local VicRoads to make an appointment and make sure you have your necessary id documents - Passport, UK Licence, proof of address (got my bank to stamp a printout of my bank statement), Visa Grant letter.  If you have a medical condition which had to be declared in the UK, the fact that you were granted a UK licence will not automatically be recognised in Victoria.  You will have to complete a form to be signed by a doctor that you are OK to drive.  You can pick up this form in the VicRoads office (probably online too), so if you have this ready there'll be no delay.  The receipt for the licence fee (about $80) gives you permission to drive until your licence arrives.

Even if you have no intention of driving here  it's a very good idea to get a driver's licence as it's the most commonly asked for form of ID and is much easier to carry than your passport!  

Hi @Sadge  if you’re in NSW go to ServiceNSW (apparently they keep changing their name!) anytime you want, check in and they will ask you what you have come to do.  They will give you a form applying for a licence to fill in which you can do while waiting for your ticket number to come up.  You will need passport,driving licence and some secondary ID..Medicard is good.  We didn’t need to show visa grant as they just VEVOd our passports.  Once everything is processed, you take a quick eye test, sit for a photo and you’re done.  You are given a paper licence until the plastic arrives, and a letter stating that your UK licence is no longer valid in NSW ..so don’t try to use it! 😝. My husband applied for his licence at the same time, but as he has diabetes he had to be certified ok by a doctor to drive, so had a month to do this and go back to ServiceNSW.  So now we are registered with a doctor as well!  There is an option to choose a 1/3 or 5 year licence...we both went for 5 years being a$188 each.  The process took about 1/2 an hour and was quite painless.  By the way, if you wear spectacles for driving it will say this on the licence!