Guest guest36187

15 hours ago, Biggsy said:

Hi Christa not sure how much you personally have to pay but we were able to increase our BPAY limit to $100k in preparation. We chose to go into the bank (commbank) to do it while on holiday there last year. Not 100% sure but I seem to remember the person at bank saying we could increase the BPAY limit ourselves online! I believe $100k is the limit for none business accounts. I think you may also be able go into the branch in Australia to make the payment from your account over the counter. We have also done this at a commbank branch as the max total daily payment/transfer you can do for yourself is $20k. Hope this helps.

Hi Biggsy, thank you for the advice but I'm not sure if HSBC work in the same way as Commbank. I will have to contact them on the phone but the advice they've given me in writing already is that the cannot increase the BPay limit. I'll let everyone know what they say. Thanks again Christa

9 minutes ago, Christa said:

Hi Biggsy, thank you for the advice but I'm not sure if HSBC work in the same way as Commbank. I will have to contact them on the phone but the advice they've given me in writing already is that the cannot increase the BPay limit. I'll let everyone know what they say. Thanks again Christa

Hi @Christa, I think it should be fine. Why not let your sponsor who is in Australia do the payment? Afterward, you should send payment receipt to parent visa team as proof.

• Thanks 1

Yoo Hoo, I have been asked to pay the second vac!  I’ve had a delay getting birth certificates from my stepdaughters and contacted Immi to explain.  At the same time I admitted to being confused as to why they needed these, but confirmed I would send them as soon as I had them.  They now say they don’t need them after all!  So, all looking extremely good for everything fitting in with my planned return to the UK in February.  I have been so lucky the way things have worked out.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 10

Yoo Hoo, I have been asked to pay the second vac!  I’ve had a delay getting birth certificates from my stepdaughters and contacted Immi to explain.  At the same time I admitted to being confused as to why they needed these, but confirmed I would send them as soon as I had them.  They now say they don’t need them after all!  So, all looking extremely good for everything fitting in with my planned return to the UK in February.  I have been so lucky the way things have worked out.

That’s great news Angela. Congratulations. It won’t be long now [emoji106][emoji4]
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sh aron said:

Any idea if someone on visa 143 can they apply spouse visa ? Is there any condition when they can apply ?

Why didn’t spouse come over on original application? 

The government realised that people were getting a 143 visa  then sponsoring partner in order to reduce costs. So now no application can be made for 5 years after 143 has been granted. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AMP said:

Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AMP said:

Congrats and all the best 🎉🎉😎😎

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Why didn’t spouse come over on original application? 

The government realised that people were getting a 143 visa  then sponsoring partner in order to reduce costs. So now no application can be made for 5 years after 143 has been granted

it’s for my sister who got 143 (dependent )she is not even married. I was checking when she gets married then when she call apply . Its for future reference don’t get upset 😊

Edited by sh aron
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sh aron said:

it’s for my sister who got 143 (dependent )she is not even married. I was checking when she gets married then when she call apply . Its for future reference don’t get upset 😊

Certainly not upset-  just seemed strange and wondered why. Anyway she will have to wait for 5 years before she can apply for partner visa 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sh aron said:

When immi grant pr for her, if there is no condition attached to the visa then no worries. She can marry & sponsor for her partner straight away. 

the condition which you have to wait for 5 yrs normally applied to the case that only 1 parent come to Aus first while their partner still living in their country. As Linda said immi know people wanna reduce the cost for both you know.

8 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Certainly not upset-  just seemed strange and wondered why. Anyway she will have to wait for 5 years before she can apply for partner visa 

I think the condition referred to above is not on the parent visa itself, but on the partner visa instead, which eligible sponsor must not have sponsored another person or been sponsored during the last 5 years, so you need to check the eligibility criteria of the partner visa or any visa you want to apply to confirm.