register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

On 15/01/2020 at 17:44, bridgie said:

The only follow up was after the missed call. Our son phoned Centrelink and true to their word he was contacted after a couple of days by email . The CBA in the Sydney’s business district were very used to the bank guarantee as were Centrelink close by. I guess that was to be expected as they must get an awful lot of enquires from migrants.

We still have to receive the notification that the whole AOS system has been received and then the wait for the 2nd VAC request. Looking at other time lines we are still about a month away for all that......providing of course there are no hiccups.

Bridgie

Hi Bridgie

What number or department did your son speak to from centrelink? my husband is the AOS for my parents and he missed a call last week

Hi Bridgie

What number or department did your son speak to from centrelink? my husband is the AOS for my parents and he missed a call last week

Hi,

The generic number for AOS 132850. Be prepared for a long wait.

Bridgie

CPV 143 submitted 2/1/2016, 1st Vac taken 7/1/2016, Request for further information, medical, form 80, aos etc 31/10/2019, received request for bank guarantee 13/1/2020, paid 14K into CommBank 15/1/2020 ( no 150$ application fee), all paperwork re bank guarantee & account details uploaded to centrelink and copy forwarded to immigration . Aos acceptance 17/1/2020, 2nd VAC paid 7/2/2020

Morning. Needing a bit of help re AOS application! My son submitted application in person to local Centrelink last week. Our agent has asked for proof of AOS application for our case officer and my son has phoned Centrelink and been given the reference numbers from his calls and visits to Centrelink. What has anyone else been able to provide to their case officer and how did you get what you needed?

Thanks

Maj

CPV 143 Application date 16 March 2016. Further docs requested 2 Jan 2020. AOS submitted 24  Feb 20. Accepted (after initial rejection) 19 March 20.

5 hours ago, MajHam said:

Morning. Needing a bit of help re AOS application! My son submitted application in person to local Centrelink last week. Our agent has asked for proof of AOS application for our case officer and my son has phoned Centrelink and been given the reference numbers from his calls and visits to Centrelink. What has anyone else been able to provide to their case officer and how did you get what you needed?

Thanks

Maj

I just gave my application no from Centrelink  when I submitted application 

• Like 1

visa 173 Lodged 23 April 2015 .All documents, medicals ,Police clearance certificate submitted 23 March 2018

2ND VAC PAID 27 JUNE  2018

AT LAST VISA GRANTED 04/07/218?

143 applied in sept 2018

Aos applied 26 sept 2019

Bank guarantee requested 6 jan 2019

Bank guarantee done 9 jan 2019

bank guarantee submitted 9 jan 2019

request for 2nd Vac 15 jan  2019

Second vac paid 17 jan 2019

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post on but I did a search for '804' and nothing came up.

My parents would like to emigrate to Australia and having looked at various visa options, we think the 804 Aged Parent visa is the best option. However, we came across two potential issues.

1) When my mum did some internet digging, we found the AoS information to be a bit confusing. The specific issue is that I am not in paid employment at the moment although I intend to re-enter the workforce sometime next year. Hubby earns more than enough to cover the AoS sponsor income requirement for both my parents (we did the calculation based on 4 adults and 3 kids (me, hubby, my mum, my dad and our 3 kids) but we aren't sure whether I need to be earning a minimum amount and if so, how much it has to be (obviously this will influence what job I go for). So, does anyone know if I have to be in paid employment when they put in their application and if so, how much do I need to be earning, please?

2) Bridging visa: I see that when they apply onshore for the 804, their tourist visa is replaced with a bridging visa. I understand that in order to travel they then can apply for a briding visa b. Does anyone know what restrictions attach to bridging visa b? My parents are just concerned about being able to travel back to France to sell their house (they live in France atm but are UK citizens).

Thank you 🙂 

(804 appears best option as both my parents are retired, they're over 65, they can apply onshore during their next holiday (they visit annually), I'm an Aussie citizen, my only bro is now a NZ citizen and they're both *touch wood* in reasonably good health)

On 09/01/2020 at 16:37, lecher said:

Hello all, I received a no caller ID phone call and my hunch it was the AOS folks. I logged into centrelink and says the AOS has been completed. But, I dont see any online request for bank guarantee and uploading further documents..? has anyone faced this before? Thank you

Hi Lecher, Have you received Bank Guarantee request letter yet?  My case is similar to you  AoS completed and not received BG request letter. Awaiting your input plz..........

(8.2.16 - CPV 143 lodged.)   (10.2.16. - Acknowledgement date)   (28.11.19 - Request to submit Addl Docs)   (29.11.19 - AoS Application submitted)   (4.12.19 -  Form 80, PCC etc submitted)  (22.1.20 -  BOND Request Letter Received & PAID)  (27.1.20 - Health Checkup Done)  (28.1.20 - AoS Accepted)  (17.2.20 - VAC2 Payment request received, VAC2 Paid & GRANT received) .......Reached Sydney on 23 Mar 2020.😀😀

Hi,

Is there anyone in this group have applied visitor visa for parents and have no visa conditions 8558 (Cannot stay for more than 12 months in any 18 month period)? 

If there is no 8558 conditions is my parents can stay in Australia for up to 12 months and going out of the country and be able to come back again and stay for 12 months?

143 visa lodge : 8th May 2017

Ack Letter date : 17th May 2017

Request for more doc : Still waiting

Medical done :

AOS lodge :

2nd VAC :

AFE7754B-9CFF-4241-A987-58FADC499D99.jpeg

Edited by Lya

On 17/01/2020 at 14:52, bridgie said:

Hi,

The generic number for AOS 132850. Be prepared for a long wait.

Bridgie

Thanks. My husband tried calling them, but couldn't get through. So hoping we can bypass the phone call and it doesn't negatively impact the application

52 minutes ago, Han said:

Thanks. My husband tried calling them, but couldn't get through. So hoping we can bypass the phone call and it doesn't negatively impact the application

Call them at 8am in the morning. You wont have to wait for more than 30 mins. Other time the line will b busy & they wont connect you to the aos team

Edited by Mily

<143> Visa lodged: 5 Nov 2015 / Ack letter: 09 Nov 2015 / Request for more docs: 30 July 2019 / medical done: 08 Aug 2019 / 2 Aos lodged at centrelink office: 21 Aug 2019 / form 80 + Pcc lodge : 13 Sep 2019

1st Bank Guar request from Centrelink 15 Nov 19 without any interview. Bond paid 20 Nov 19. Acceptance letter 25 Nov 19

2nd Bank Guar request from Centrelink 18 Nov 19 without interview. Bond paid 26 Nov 19. Acceptance letter 29 Nov 19

29 Nov 19 Request further document for dependant child over 18 yrs old / 6 Dec 19 submit documents for dependant child

17 Dec 19: 2nd VAC request

09 Jan 20: paid 2nd Vac 

13Jan 20: applicant depart Australia 

15 Jan 20: visa granted. No condition is attach to visa. Dependant child can make entry to Aus prior to the other applicants.

38 minutes ago, Mily said:

Call them at 8am in the morning. You wont have to wait for more than 30 mins. Other time the line will b busy & they wont connect you to the aos team

Thanks. I've got through before, but my husband has a very busy job and can't really sit on hold for 30 minutes when he's supposed to be working. Kind of unrealistic of them really. Will they call back another time or just expect him to call them?

49 minutes ago, Mily said:

Don't worry, we've got the bank guarantee letter 😀

Am I reading this correctly. Do we need to open a commonwealth bank account to do the AOS bank guarantee? 

Am I reading this correctly. Do we need to open a commonwealth bank account to do the AOS bank guarantee? 

Yep!! and them only.
  • Like 1

CPV 143 submitted 2/1/2016, 1st Vac taken 7/1/2016, Request for further information, medical, form 80, aos etc 31/10/2019, received request for bank guarantee 13/1/2020, paid 14K into CommBank 15/1/2020 ( no 150$ application fee), all paperwork re bank guarantee & account details uploaded to centrelink and copy forwarded to immigration . Aos acceptance 17/1/2020, 2nd VAC paid 7/2/2020

11 hours ago, bridgie said:

Yep!! and them only.

Thanks for your help

On 18/01/2020 at 12:36, Greece said:

Hi Lecher, Have you received Bank Guarantee request letter yet?  My case is similar to you  AoS completed and not received BG request letter. Awaiting your input plz..........

Hi Greece, yes, they didn't bother calling me even though the guy said that I was due for an interview But, the guarantee letter came in my mygov inbox - still haven't received the paper mail. Using that I opened up a bank guarantee and using Miley's guidance I attached the band guarantee + original bg request letter from centre link in one PDF file (used the merge pdfs feature in adobe acrobat). So currently I'm awaiting the final letter. In the meantime I've written twice to my case officer for extension w/o any reply.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lecher said:

Hi Greece, yes, they didn't bother calling me even though the guy said that I was due for an interview But, the guarantee letter came in my mygov inbox - still haven't received the paper mail. Using that I opened up a bank guarantee and using Miley's guidance I attached the band guarantee + original bg request letter from centre link in one PDF file (used the merge pdfs feature in adobe acrobat). So currently I'm awaiting the final letter. In the meantime I've written twice to my case officer for extension w/o any reply.  

HI Lecher, Thanks for your response. I found Mily's guidance post of 26 Nov. Thanks

Edited by Greece

(8.2.16 - CPV 143 lodged.)   (10.2.16. - Acknowledgement date)   (28.11.19 - Request to submit Addl Docs)   (29.11.19 - AoS Application submitted)   (4.12.19 -  Form 80, PCC etc submitted)  (22.1.20 -  BOND Request Letter Received & PAID)  (27.1.20 - Health Checkup Done)  (28.1.20 - AoS Accepted)  (17.2.20 - VAC2 Payment request received, VAC2 Paid & GRANT received) .......Reached Sydney on 23 Mar 2020.😀😀

6 minutes ago, Greece said:

HI Lecher, Thanks for your response. Will you please explain in detail how to upload Bank Guarantee + BG Letter in the MyGov system as I'm unable to find Miley's guidance post. Thanks 

Hi 

just open Centrelink and go to upload documents and send them . It’s very easy 

• Thanks 1

visa 173 Lodged 23 April 2015 .All documents, medicals ,Police clearance certificate submitted 23 March 2018

143 applied in sept 2018

Aos applied 26 sept 2019

Hi

Hope this is the right thread (sorry Im new). I am the assurance of support for my Mum who is back in the UK. i have just compelted this part and have a acceptance letter from Centrelink (let me know if anyone needs any info on this fun process!). Once this is done does anyone know how long the next steps are and what they entail eg when do they ask for the next installment?

Thanks!

Lisa

• Thanks 1

If you look at other people's timelines at the bottom of a post you will get an idea of how long the different stagews take.  Sh Aron post (just above yours) for instance - about a week.

143 Application Lodged 24th June 2014; Acknowledgement 6th February 2015; Form 80, Police Checks & Medical requested 21st Sept 2016; AOS Lodged 29th November 2016; 2nd VAC paid 16th December 2016; VISA GRANTED 20th December 2016.

Heading to Wollert "The place where possums are found", Victoria (eventually)

"Eventually" has become a reality - at long last the house is sold, the car is spoken for, the Movecube is coming on 19th September and I'll be heading Down Under on 21st via Royal Brunei.  Arrive in Mebourne 3.30 a.m. their time on Monday.  😎

Just received the AOS Acceptance letter. They've said that they have notified the DHA that its been accepted.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 3

I just received AOS request for bank guarantee letter!!  Rushing off to commbank in my lunch break. 😃

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 4

143 Applied on 25/01/2016     -     Acknowledged on 27/01/2016    -    Request for further docs on 13/11/2019    -     AOS applied 15/11/2019    -    Medicals done on 29/11/2019    -   Form 80 / PCC etc submitted to PVC on 06/01/2020   -   AOS Bank guarantee request 20/01/2020 (Mums name wrong)   -   Received replacement AOS guarantee request letter on 29/01/2020   -   Paid AOS and gave documentation from bank to Centralink 30/01/2020   -   AOS acceptance letter received on 03/01/2020   -   2nd Vac requested on 21/02/2020   -   2nd Vac paid 22/02/20202  -  VISA GRANTED on 24/02/2020 🎉

Just received the AOS Acceptance letter. They've said that they have notified the DHA that its been accepted.

Congratulations!

In the documentation I received from Immi this time last year they told me to e-mail the AoS acceptance letter to them myself and not to rely on Centrelink advising them. I’m obviously not sure what the latest advice from Immi says.

Good luck in the coming days. Not long now

CPV application lodgement date 16 July 2015; 1st VAC paid 17 July 2015; Acknowledgement date 17 July 2015;

Further information requested 18 December 2018

AOS application date 21 December 2018; AOS Bond ($14,000) paid to Com Bank 16 April 2019; AOS Acceptance Letter 23 April 2019 (there was no interview)

Medicals date 31 December 2018; Form 80 date 4 January 2019; Police checks date 15 January 2019;

2nd VAC requested 2 May 2019; 2nd VAC paid 5 May 2019; Visas granted 6 May 2019

Hello, Can anyone please advise if a third party can pay the 2nd VAC? We have an account with HSBC Australia but their daily limit for BPay is not high enough to pay the full Visa amount. Apparently this limit cannot be increased even for the purpose of one payment. We're not in Australia so can't visit an HSBC branch ourselves. Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it?  Our daughter or son could pay it for us through their own bank account if that is acceptable.

Many thanks, Christa

• Like 1

12.01.2016143 lodged    21.01.2016 1st payment acknowledged   

11.11.2019 Request further Info

14.11.2019: AoS application submitted (MyGov)

14.11.2019: Forms 80 submitted

28.11.2019: Police checks submitted

3.12.2019: Medicals submitted

21.1..2020:  AoS Bond paid

30.1.2020: AoS accepted

4.2.2020: 2nd VAC payment request

11.2.2020: Visa Granted!

31 minutes ago, Christa said:

Hello, Can anyone please advise if a third party can pay the 2nd VAC? We have an account with HSBC Australia but their daily limit for BPay is not high enough to pay the full Visa amount. Apparently this limit cannot be increased even for the purpose of one payment. We're not in Australia so can't visit an HSBC branch ourselves. Has anyone had this problem and how did you resolve it?  Our daughter or son could pay it for us through their own bank account if that is acceptable.

Many thanks, Christa

Hi Christa not sure how much you personally have to pay but we were able to increase our BPAY limit to $100k in preparation. We chose to go into the bank (commbank) to do it while on holiday there last year. Not 100% sure but I seem to remember the person at bank saying we could increase the BPAY limit ourselves online! I believe $100k is the limit for none business accounts. I think you may also be able go into the branch in Australia to make the payment from your account over the counter. We have also done this at a commbank branch as the max total daily payment/transfer you can do for yourself is $20k. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

CPV 143 Lodged 7th July 2016,  Acknowledged 20th July 2016.

At the time of applying, website said 12-18 months processing time.  2 years later found out there were already 28,000+ applications in the queue at the date when we applied. 

Visa granted 🥳🥳143 for my mom and sister 

• Congratulations 13

143 applied in sept 2018

Aos applied 26 sept 2019