Guest guest36187

We received the 2nd Vac request on 17 Dec 19 and immi asked we booked the ticket  for my sister ( dependant child ) to depart Aus within 28 days

we used bpay to pay 2nd Vac on 09 Jan 19. Immi called me the same day to confirm the payment gonna through successfully and mentioned that my sister was still in Aus. They can only grant visa once she is offshore. It normally take 3 days they said.

my sister departed Aus on 13 Jan 19 ( last day of timeframe) 

gluck eveybody. We knew December xmas time is very busy so it takes longer time for them to process documents. Be patient good things will come to you. Thank you everybody for such amazing help & support. 

Edited by Mily
Thank you
  • Like 3
  • Congratulations 2

How many days are you given to go offshore once you have been notified that your 2nd vac has been received. We find ourselves after all this time hoping it will go a little slower[emoji3][emoji3] as we have booked a trip to China beginning of March and would obviously love that to double up as our PR trip. Bank guarantee paid today and uploaded to centrelink today.

2 hours ago, bridgie said:

Sorry, can someone remind me how to update my timeline.

Thanks

Bridgie

Hi Bridgie, click on your name at the top of the page when logged in and select "Account Settings" from the drop down menu.  You should then see another menu on the left where you can select "Signature".

Edited by Biggsy
  • Like 1

Hi,

the details are on my time line👍

Application to notification 2.43 months. No interview. Original phone call missed on 9/1/2020. Phone call to centrelink to query process email receive on 13/1/2020 saying AOS complete please pay bank guarantee. Bank guarantee paid 14/1/2020 and paperwork taken to centrelink office where they uploaded it 15/1/2020. A copy sent to immigration same day. Now waiting for notification that everything has been received.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bridgie said:

Hi,

the details are on my time line👍

Application to notification 2.43 months. No interview. Original phone call missed on 9/1/2020. Phone call to centrelink to query process email receive on 13/1/2020 saying AOS complete please pay bank guarantee. Bank guarantee paid 14/1/2020 and paperwork taken to centrelink office where they uploaded it 15/1/2020. A copy sent to immigration same day. Now waiting for notification that everything has been received.

Hi Bridgie,  Congratulation for AoS fast movement in your case. Have you done frequent follow up with Centrelink for fast process of AoS or it is without any follow up ?

• Like 1

The only follow up was after the missed call. Our son phoned Centrelink and true to their word he was contacted after a couple of days by email . The CBA in the Sydney’s business district were very used to the bank guarantee as were Centrelink close by. I guess that was to be expected as they must get an awful lot of enquires from migrants.

We still have to receive the notification that the whole AOS system has been received and then the wait for the 2nd VAC request. Looking at other time lines we are still about a month away for all that......providing of course there are no hiccups.

Bridgie

• Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 2

5 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Don't know if anyone can help.  We are now well and truly in Australia - hip hip hooray.  Has anyone applied for a Queensland Seniors Card.  No sure if we are eligible as we are not a Centrelink customer, or have a veterans Affairs file number.  

We have always had a Qld seniors card, we were on the temporary 410 visa for 16 years, before getting PR last year, so unless things have changed shouldn’t be a problem. 

Welcome to Qld. 

Edited by ramot

56 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Thanks.

57 minutes ago, ramot said:

We have always had a Qld seniors card, we were on the temporary 410 visa for 16 years, before getting PR last year, so unless things have changed shouldn’t be a problem. 

Welcome to Qld. 

Do you have to be 66 to get a seniors card?

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Don't know if anyone can help.  We are now well and truly in Australia - hip hip hooray.  Has anyone applied for a Queensland Seniors Card.  No sure if we are eligible as we are not a Centrelink customer, or have a veterans Affairs file number.  

Hi, reading the web site it does look as though it might be harder now? I got mine in 2009, so might have been easier then, sorry if I misled you.

3 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

I'm in Victoria and couldn't get a ordinary Seniors Card, but applied for and got a Commonwealth Seniors Card which entitles one to concession bus/tram/rail fares and I think two completely free train fares per year.  Certain venues will give concessions but not much else, although Queensland might be more generous.

• Like 1

Hi 

I’m looking through the info needed  by immi for 143 visa. It’s asking for a copy of your national identity card but we don’t have them in the UK. What have other applicants sent, should I send copies of passports? 

thank you in advance! 
This may not be my only question Over the next few months, 

Hi 
I’m looking through the info needed  by immi for 143 visa. It’s asking for a copy of your national identity card but we don’t have them in the UK. What have other applicants sent, should I send copies of passports? 

thank you in advance! 
This may not be my only question Over the next few months, 

Hi,

Congratulations on taking the first step. It’s a long road but I can assure you it’s worth it.

You will find this forum very helpful, so well done for plugging in this early.

We put ‘not applicable’ (N/A) in our application form against the National Identity Card question. The UK doesn’t have them.

You will have to send certified copies of passports and other documents. Part Q of Form 47PA shows a checklist documents to be included with the application.

Good luck!

David

On 15/01/2020 at 17:44, bridgie said:

The only follow up was after the missed call. Our son phoned Centrelink and true to their word he was contacted after a couple of days by email . The CBA in the Sydney’s business district were very used to the bank guarantee as were Centrelink close by. I guess that was to be expected as they must get an awful lot of enquires from migrants.

We still have to receive the notification that the whole AOS system has been received and then the wait for the 2nd VAC request. Looking at other time lines we are still about a month away for all that......providing of course there are no hiccups.

Bridgie

Hi Bridgie

What number or department did your son speak to from centrelink? my husband is the AOS for my parents and he missed a call last week