Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, lecher said:

sure, lodged 6th Jan 16, further doc request on 4th Nov, Aos submitted on 6th nov, 9th Jan missed call from AOS. I'm going to ring them today.

Exciting times.  How do you know it was AOS that the missed call was from?

I am similar timing to you, so I hope you are right.  I applied for AOS on 15th Nov.  Fingers crossed we will hear something soon. 🤞

19 minutes ago, theballies said:

Exciting times.  How do you know it was AOS that the missed call was from?

so I called them today, the guy said that he didn't have a direct no to Aos folks but read a note on my file that they had called me for an interview to request a bond. I think they meant a bank guarantee, so it seems i'm on a right track? I requested to be notified via sms (which he mentioned he'll put on my file notes) so I am ready for the call which sadly he mentioned could take another week. 

• Like 1

I phoned our son (Sponsor) and he logged into the centre link account and our Aos has also been completed. He has had no phone call for an interview so I will ask him to contact them. I’m assuming we also will get the call next week.

Bridgie

Sorry forgot to ask, which number did you ring?

Thanks

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, bridgie said:

I phoned our son (Sponsor) and he logged into the centre link account and our Aos has also been completed. He has had no phone call for an interview so I will ask him to contact them. I’m assuming we also will get the call next week.

Bridgie

Sorry forgot to ask, which number did you ring?

Thanks

This is great.  Hopefully I will hear something soon too in this case.  I had to do a paper application in the end as the site was having issues when I did mine, so unfortunately I am unable to see anything via my MyGov account.  Will keep my phone near by at all times.  Good luck guys.

• Like 1

Our son managed to get through to Centrelink and a very good member of staff checked everything and confirmed that our son had been contacted Weds 8th at 10.30pm Melbourne time[emoji15][emoji15] ,, he was asleep!!, ( I assume that they were phoning from Perth hence the late hour) it was confirmed that our Aos is complete and a referral was set up to the Aos saying, contact had been made and they will call next week or just email about the next stage.

I never thought it would be this easy!!!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

11 hours ago, theballies said:

This is great.  Hopefully I will hear something soon too in this case.  I had to do a paper application in the end as the site was having issues when I did mine, so unfortunately I am unable to see anything via my MyGov account.  Will keep my phone near by at all times.  Good luck guys.

@theballies You will be next!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bridgie said:

Our son managed to get through to Centrelink and a very good member of staff checked everything and confirmed that our son had been contacted Weds 8th at 10.30pm Melbourne timeemoji15.pngemoji15.png ,, he was asleep!!, ( I assume that they were phoning from Perth hence the late hour) it was confirmed that our Aos is complete and a referral was set up to the Aos saying, contact had been made and they will call next week or just email about the next stage.

I never thought it would be this easy!!!

Congratulations! You are one step closer, I'm sure your visa will be granted soon!!

• Like 1

Is it worth while having a CommBank account with the guarantee money in it waiting for the response from Centrelink?  I have read that if you don’t have commbank account then you have to pay $150 cash and have the $14k as a bankers cheque?  So does it not make sense to open a commbank account, put the money in there and then when Centrelink say ‘go’, it is all ready to go?

On 04/01/2020 at 14:24, sh aron said:

Hi 

Got bank guarantee letter yesterday .Going to deposit money on Monday . Roughly how long fro  here to final decision . I often read AOS rejected . Is it rejected before guarantee letter or possible after submitting letter . 

thanks 

Hi there,  what is the best way to pay AOS?  Can it only be done with bank check, or can you do a transfer?  Congratulations on your approval.

On 12/01/2020 at 09:22, theballies said:

The 70 days they have on the letter when immi request further document, I’m guessing that’s not a hard and fast rule? But do you have to apply for an extension? We are on 60 days now and still waiting to hear anything back from AOS.

I don't think we have to ask for extension of time for delay in AOS completion time taken by Centrelink is not delay from our side. Can anyone confirm this please ?

Edited by Greece

I don't think we have to ask for extension of time for delay in AOS completion time taken by Centrelink is not delay from our side. Can anyone confirm this please ?

Hi Greece,

It’s 7 months since we received our visas. I was concerned about AoS time delays at that time and requested an extension from Immi. They responded by saying that they were aware of the AoS delays and no formal extension was necessary.

I would do the same again if I was in your situation. It shows you are reading and trying to abide by the timelines that Immi give you.

Good luck!

David
  • Thanks 2