Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, Greece said:

Hi, we have relocated in Aus last year and I have taken a new passport of my country during Sept 2019. Also, my sponsors became Aus Citizen during Apr-19. Do we require to fill form 1022 and report all these information ?   Also, can you please share parent visa email id to send this form. Thanks,

Hi Greece,

I used Form 1022 to advise Immi of our sponsor becoming an Australian Citizen. For a change of passport details I would use Form 929. The e-mail address I was using at the time I submitted these forms (18 months ago) was: parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

I submitted these forms separately and each time I received the automatic reply almost immediately then, a week or so later, I received an acknowledgement from Immi confirming my details had been updated.

Good luck!

David

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, David Leask said:

Hi Greece,

I used Form 1022 to advise Immi of our sponsor becoming an Australian Citizen. For a change of passport details I would use Form 929. The e-mail address I was using at the time I submitted these forms (18 months ago) was: parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

I submitted these forms separately and each time I received the automatic reply almost immediately then, a week or so later, I received an acknowledgement from Immi confirming my details had been updated.

Good luck!

David

Thanks David for quick response!

Happy New year all,

My query is regarding Form 80 but not for 143 at the moment instead for the long stay temporary visa subclass 870 and was hoping if someone can assist with few questions of form 80 which we will have to fill for 143 as well. 

Question 17 - Address history for last 10 years, do we need to mention about Hotel accommodations for outside Australia as well for Holiday/Leisure trips? 

Question 21 - if the answer to this is No, do we still need to fill in questions 25-29

Question 24 - Are you applying for a temporary visa, I am unsure about this one as 870 is a temporary visa and the departure date section is unclear. What date do we need to put in here? Should I forecast a date in future eg 5 years later or something if I am applying for 5 year 870 visa. 

Any help is appreciated 🙂 

8 hours ago, sh aron said:

Hi 

Got bank guarantee letter yesterday .Going to deposit money on Monday . Roughly how long fro  here to final decision . I often read AOS rejected . Is it rejected before guarantee letter or possible after submitting letter . 

thanks 

Could you please tell us how you received the letter, snail mail or email? 

1 hour ago, sh aron said:

Is there any fee for bank guarantee 

The bank guarantee costs $150.

Also, if you don't already have an account with the Commonwealth Bank, it might cost to set one up. I'm not sure how much. We already had a bank account there so no extra charges for us.

• Thanks 1

Does one receive a confirmation email once the supporting docs are sent? apart from AOS (which was due to be finalised on 19Dec), I have submitted everything and also requested an extension due to delay in AOS  but I haven't received any confirmation yet. My concern is that the original email stated that I needed to submit everything by 11th Jan...

• Like 1

On 27/11/2019 at 07:55, Greece said:

Hi Mily,  Thank you so... much. You have explained so well that even professional agent can't explain better than you. Really helpful explanation for all viewers.

Hi 

I tried and upload documents over laptop but their was no bar code scan thing . It in uploaded documents. Can I track the progress or how can I confirm I did it right ?

5876994D-D866-43C5-BB75-A7176DBED9C0.jpeg

On 10/12/2019 at 12:05, David Leask said:

I think it will depend on how you make payment. We paid by BPay which is fast and carries no surcharge. Our visa was granted in less than 24 hours.

Hi 

how do you submitted AOS ? Is there any way to track the progress 

Hello all, I received a no caller ID phone call and my hunch it was the AOS folks. I logged into centrelink and says the AOS has been completed. But, I dont see any online request for bank guarantee and uploading further documents..? has anyone faced this before? Thank you

Hello all, I received a no caller ID phone call and my hunch it was the AOS folks. I logged into centrelink and says the AOS has been completed. But, I dont see any online request for bank guarantee and uploading further documents..? has anyone faced this before? Thank you

Sorry can’t help but you can help the rest of us. Any chance of giving us the date you submitted original paperwork and Aos application. It helps us all to see how we are moving along.

Ta muchly.

Bridgie

3 hours ago, lecher said:

I've seen other members on the forum say that they got a text message in advance from AOS advising they will get a call and to make sure you answer. Not sure how far in advance you get the text though. 

864 Parental Visas & Medicare / Temporary Parental Visas & Medicare (UK Applicant)

Hey people... Does anyone know what the situation is with medicare / health care provision for a UK applicant applying for a SC864 while living in Aus and waiting for the application to be processed? This takes a few years now I believe. Would they be covered by medicare or required to take out private health cover? What about the reciprocal health care agreement?

And what about the temporary parental visa applications? How do they compare with regards to medicare?

Thanks in advance...

JL

7 hours ago, JL2008 said:

864 Parental Visas & Medicare / Temporary Parental Visas & Medicare (UK Applicant)

Hey people... Does anyone know what the situation is with medicare / health care provision for a UK applicant applying for a SC864 while living in Aus and waiting for the application to be processed? This takes a few years now I believe. Would they be covered by medicare or required to take out private health cover? What about the reciprocal health care agreement?

And what about the temporary parental visa applications? How do they compare with regards to medicare?

Thanks in advance...

JL

There is a reciprocal agreement between the UK and Australia on healthcare.  It applies to UK residents (not UK citizens).  So, as long as  you were legally resident in the UK immediately before you arrive in Australia, you are entitled to care under the reciprocal agreement.  Note, that means if you were resident in France or Spain before moving, you're not eligible.

If you are eligible, then applying for any visa doesn't change that fact, you remain eligible.

The reciprocal agreement states that you are entitled to essential care.  If treatment could wait until you get back to your home country, it's not covered.  In practice, doctors and hospitals don't seem to be aware of that and I've heard of people getting full access.

15 hours ago, bridgie said:

Sorry can’t help but you can help the rest of us. Any chance of giving us the date you submitted original paperwork and Aos application. It helps us all to see how we are moving along.
Bridgie

sure, lodged 6th Jan 16, further doc request on 4th Nov, Aos submitted on 6th nov, 9th Jan missed call from AOS. I'm going to ring them today.

• Like 1

sure, lodged 6th Jan 16, further doc request on 4th Nov, Aos submitted on 6th nov, 9th Jan missed call from AOS. I'm going to ring them today.

Wow that’s interesting we are a couple of days ahead of you and have heard nothing. I will warn our sponsor to be aware.

Thanks for your info and please let us know how you get on.

Bridgie
  • Like 1