Guest guest36187

13 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Thanks @Kathss56 ...just waiting for money to go through then hopefully get a flight at the end of this year! 😎😎😎

Whoohoo.....🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😎😎😎😎😎😎😎 we have our visas!  Yay ❤️❤️😎😎 Friday 13th not so unlucky then! Thanks to everyone’s support on this forum...we wouldn’t have survived without you all.  Good luck to everyone waiting....it’s worth the wait.

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 20

Hi All,

My Mon was granted visa on 12Dec2019 after 4 year 3 days waiting.

I'd like to thank you all for sharing your experiences on this forum which were really helpful, such as:

- After completing Bank Guarantee, we should forward all bank documents to Centrelink including their email requested for Bank guarantee.

- Once AoS approved we also should send the approval letter to PVC even though Centrelink advised that they will notify PVC of the outcome.

- After paying 2nd VAC we should send the receipt to PVC.

I believe what I did (followed your experiences) helped make the case officer's job easier resulting in the visa process becoming quicker as well.

When contacting Centrelink, I dialed 131 202 to ask for an interpreter then the interpreter contacted AoS team directly. By this way I did not have to wait too long in queue although the answers were not always satisfying!

One more secret, I have kept on praying to God for a smooth process since receiving email from PVC for further information.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and wishing your visa process going quickly and smoothly!

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 7

Just a tip if you are ready to leave the UK.

Ask your GP to give you a printout of previous medical issues - I'm sure that most UK GP surgeries are now able to do this.  The doctor I have registered with here really appreciated having this history and it saved me the task of remembering dates etc.  It gave the important stuff - hospital admissions, treatment, test results, any medical conditions, medications etc.  

• Thanks 2

On 13/12/2019 at 23:35, Rosiejaq said:

Whoohoo.....🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😎😎😎😎😎😎😎 we have our visas!  Yay ❤️❤️😎😎 Friday 13th not so unlucky then! Thanks to everyone’s support on this forum...we wouldn’t have survived without you all.  Good luck to everyone waiting....it’s worth the wait.

Delighted for you!

Best wishes for a very Happy Xmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Congratulations 1

Congratulations Rosiejaq on getting your visa 🍾 and everyone else who has received theirs. It's a great present for Christmas. 

We arrived here in Australia on the 13th and it felt wonderful for it be all over except for packing our few belongings. This forum has really helped and ecouraged us along the way. We are returning to Spain at the end ofJanuary and will hopefully sort ourselves for returning permanently. 

Happy times Rosiejaq 🥂🎉

• Like 4
  • Congratulations 3

14 minutes ago, sh aron said:

Hi 

I applied AOS on 26 oct with estimated date of completion on 7 nov . It still shows same date . Should I wait or visit centre link . 

I think it’s taking longer than 12 days to complete Aos - anything up to the 6 months or so it took us!  Maybe pop in to check with them...it may speed things up, who knows?  Good luck anyway 😎😎

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sh aron said:

Hi 

I applied AOS on 26 oct with estimated date of completion on 7 nov . It still shows same date . Should I wait or visit centre link . 

It will be more like towards 7 Jan 2020.

Don't take the estimated date serious, none of us here got it done on or before the estimated date, not even close.

• Thanks 1

Hi 

Looking at the current times of recent visa holders the period from submission of AOS papers and interview is about 2.5 months.

Bridgie
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

102,854 parents now queuing for visas!

2036079552_Screenshot2019-12-1616_25_02.thumb.png.545e2ae7406cfda6181dad13729bd1c3.png

Taken from immi's 2018-19 migration report.

That’s terrible news for all applicants after 2015/16, waiting 4 years felt like a lifetime especially when you  were told 18/24 months. They need to give realistic time frames so people can make an informed decision as to whether to apply or not. New applicants must be looking at more than a 10year waiting time.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

That’s terrible news for all applicants after 2015/16, waiting 4 years felt like a lifetime especially when you  were told 18/24 months. They need to give realistic time frames so people can make an informed decision as to whether to apply or not. New applicants must be looking at more than a 10year waiting time.

Those numbers seem like total parent visas and not just 143. Non contributory seems to be included in that number.

59 minutes ago, Michael S said:

HORRAYYYYY!!!
My parents and younger brother got their PR today!!!!

Excellent Xmas gift, although they came 2 years late but better be late than never!!

Merry Xmas to you all and thanks for everyone's support throughout this painful waiting time! 😀

Congratulations! That's really a great news for coming Christmas.

• Thanks 1

Btw i have one more question 😀 

i am wondering is that possible if only my sister ( dependant child ) depart from aus & come back to aus within 1 week because her study at uni will start soon in mid January. 
And my parents will come to aus in March. 

or my parents ( main application) have to travel with my sister so their visa can activate 

i think that condition is 8502 .