Guest guest36187

9 hours ago, AMP said:

Thanks.  Now you have said that you think I they only give  28 days to leave I really don’t want to hear anything yet.  It would be such a pain if I have to organise an exit and re- entry in January, particularly since that is in peak school holidays!  Can anyone else confirm the 28 days please?

Have a great Christmas yourself as well.  Your best Christmas present has arrived early.  It must be so wonderful to have your visa finally sorted.   It seems that our lives go on semi hold while we are waiting, waiting, waiting, doesn’t it? 

It is 28 days but our agent did say you could apply for an extension of another 28 days , but hopefully it won't come to that. Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/11/2019 at 13:24, MYY said:

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-enrol-medicare-if-youre-australian-permanent-resident/documents-enrol-medicare-if-youre-permanent-resident

For the above Medicare enrolment, do we need to provide bank account details? Also if we have not got documents from Australia for ourselves, can we use those of our AOS sponsor whom we are going to stay with?

2 hours ago, Linda Brown said:

It is 28 days but our agent did say you could apply for an extension of another 28 days , but hopefully it won't come to that. Good luck.

Thanks Linda both for the info and the good luck wishes.  Great news that you now have your visa sorted.  Congratulations!  Enjoy your new life in Australia. 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 17:46, Linda Brown said:

I managed to contact nyorksgrannie by private message as she has been through this.  Apparently if you are in Australia when the email is received, requesting payment of 2nd VAC,  Immi give just 7 days to arrange exit flights ( though 28 days to actually leave).  Seems crazy when you think of the 4 year lead up!!  Ah well, it is what it is, but I just hope that they now delay because I would really prefer not to have to leave the country during the Christmas school holidays!  Fingers crossed ......  am I just being too optimistic?

Have a great Christmas everyone and many thanks for all the invaluable help, information and support.  This process would have been an incredibly lonely one without this blog to keep tapping into and without all the support it has given. 

• Like 2

On 09/12/2019 at 13:38, Rosiejaq said:

I had just started transferring money into Aus dollars...and lo and behold...........2nd VAC requested!  Wohoo 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😎😎😎😎😎😎 definitely have my sunnies ready now!

Fabulous news! Was hoping it would come before Xmas for you. . Good luck and best wishes for downunder x

• Thanks 1