Guest guest36187

Just had our acceptance letter through, very relieved 😊. Someone up there must have been listening to my moans. So, on to the next stage now. It's been almost exactly 4 years since we started the process in 2015, at the time it was taking 20 -24 months to be processed,  I feel for those still in the queue as to even get to this stage will take a very long time.

I still feel the system could be improved  at the point of aos application and if I finally get a visa I will put my points to people mentioned previously., if they don't know the problems they can't  improve them.🤗

• Congratulations 6

We have received our visas after a long four year wait. Thank you everyone on the forum for all your help and support over the last year. Although I'm sure I'll need plenty of help in the coming months. Its a lovely Christmas present and I hope Rosiejaq you get a present just like this, as you deserve a bit of luck and good fortune. 

Jellybean you and I will be collaborating on removal companies in the coming months I think. 

Linda x

• Congratulations 14

29 minutes ago, Linda Brown said:

We have received our visas after a long four year wait. Thank you everyone on the forum for all your help and support over the last year. Although I'm sure I'll need plenty of help in the coming months. Its a lovely Christmas present and I hope Rosiejaq you get a present just like this, as you deserve a bit of luck and good fortune. 

Jellybean you and I will be collaborating on removal companies in the coming months I think. 

Linda x

Congratulations!

38 minutes ago, Linda Brown said:

Linda x

Congrats @Linda Brown    We’ve got the request for dosh at long last!  Thanks for the good wishes 😎

On 14/07/2019 at 13:34, David Leask said:

Around a week before you are due to move the Seven Seas driver will come to your house and carry out an access inspection to make sure there will be no issues on the day they deliver the MoveCube.  The driver will leave the free packaging material.  This includes large and medium cardboard boxes, bubble wrap and lots of rolls of sticky tape.  I'm afraid I can't remember how many boxes we got.  I think it may have been 6 of each (large and medium).  I do remember that what they give you is not nearly enough to fill the MoveCube and therefore I suggest you start searching out more cardboard boxes.

The driver will also leave you a load of forms to complete (and hand over on the day of the MoveCube pick up).  These forms include Customs Declarations.  You will also have to list everything that is in every box in your MoveCube.  It's quite a task to complete this list (almost as tough as Form 80! LOL) but I think it's worth spending time over.

Dear David  can I ask did Move cube deliver to your new address in Australia or did it just go to a depot to be picked up? Thanks Jacqui

Dear David  can I ask did Move cube deliver to your new address in Australia or did it just go to a depot to be picked up? Thanks Jacqui

Hi Jacqui,

First of all, many congratulations on receiving the request for the second vac! You must be super excited! You can put all the pain and anguish of the long wait behind you now and look forward to a new life and a whole set of new adventures here in Australia. I’m so happy for you [emoji106][emoji41][emoji1037]

In answer to your question, Seven Seas delivered our Movecube to our new address. It is a door to door service which took 90 days for us.

If there is anything else I can help you with please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Good luck!

David

25 minutes ago, David Leask said:

Hi Jacqui,

First of all, many congratulations on receiving the request for the second vac! You must be super excited! You can put all the pain and anguish of the long wait behind you now and look forward to a new life and a whole set of new adventures here in Australia. I’m so happy for you emoji106.pngemoji41.pngemoji1037.png

In answer to your question, Seven Seas delivered our Movecube to our new address. It is a door to door service which took 90 days for us.

If there is anything else I can help you with please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Good luck!

David

Thanks David that’s a great help.  We’re really excited and starting to get everything together.  😎😎😎

15 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Angela, I think you could be right as they won’t grant while your in Oz and if they ask for 2nd Vac payment I think you only get 28days to leave Aus so they can Grant the visa. Maybe someone who has been through the process will tell you. It would just be nice to know for sure why you haven’t heard.... it’s the not knowing that causes the stress. Have a great Christmas.😘

Thanks.  Now you have said that you think I they only give  28 days to leave I really don’t want to hear anything yet.  It would be such a pain if I have to organise an exit and re- entry in January, particularly since that is in peak school holidays!  Can anyone else confirm the 28 days please?

Have a great Christmas yourself as well.  Your best Christmas present has arrived early.  It must be so wonderful to have your visa finally sorted.   It seems that our lives go on semi hold while we are waiting, waiting, waiting, doesn’t it? 

8 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

I had just started transferring money into Aus dollars...and lo and behold...........2nd VAC requested!  Wohoo 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉😎😎😎😎😎😎 definitely have my sunnies ready now!

Excellent, totally excellent.  I am so very very pleased for you, particularly because of all the problems and stress you have gone through to get here.  It must be the best Christmas’ present ever!  🍾🍾🍾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AMP said:

Thanks.  Now you have said that you think I they only give  28 days to leave I really don’t want to hear anything yet.  It would be such a pain if I have to organise an exit and re- entry in January, particularly since that is in peak school holidays!  Can anyone else confirm the 28 days please?

Have a great Christmas yourself as well.  Your best Christmas present has arrived early.  It must be so wonderful to have your visa finally sorted.   It seems that our lives go on semi hold while we are waiting, waiting, waiting, doesn’t it? 

You’re so right about life being on hold but we got there in the end. We’ll fly out next April even if the house isn’t sold as we’ve wasted enough of our life, just rent until the house sells. Start living the dream !!!! as my son puts it.

I hope someone gives you the information about the 28 day thing. I think it was in a post in June this last year but can’t remember who posted. X

14 hours ago, Paul7517 said:

Hi karu1 , hv u got visa notification yet ? 

Hi Paul,

We did't get d e-mail conformation yet, but over the phone they confermed it has been granted on 28th November. Most probebly we may received d e-mail today.

Thank you,

• Congratulations 1