Guest guest36187

Visa just granted after payment of 2nd VAC this morning!

Our timeline is as follows:

Visa applied on 14 Oct 2015

Request for further documents  on 23 July 2019

AOS applied on 29 July 2019

Centrelink's interview with sponsor on 24 Sep 2019

Request for bank guarantee by Centrelink on 30 Sep 2019

AOS acceptance letter from Centrelink on 28 Oct 2019

Request to pay 2nd VAC on 22 Nov 2019

Paid 2nd VAC on 27 Nov 2019

Visa granted on 27 Nov 2019

• Congratulations 8

16 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Hi can I ask advice of people who’ve paid 2nd VAC from the uk.  Did you use a bank to pay this, or some other way?  Obviously looking for the cheapest and easiest way....and I don’t have an Australian bank account at the mo!

14 hours ago, BillSueMac said:

We transferred money in to our son in laws Australian bank account, sent him details from 2nd vac request form and he did it via mobile banking. BPAY is free but not all bank accounts let you use BPAY. The request form from PVCteam gives you options of how you can pay. Son in law sent me a copy of his payment receipt and I sent it to PVCteam as proof of payment (after all the trouble we had with the AOS payment). We had set up a bank account in Australia a couple of years ago and transferred money across a couple of months ago when the rate was relatively high.

We went into Commbank while on holiday and enquired about BPAY in preparation. Just as well we did as they had to increase the BPAY limit on our account up to the max which I think was $100k.  Not sure why but for some reason we wouldn't have been able to increase the limit online (or by telephone).  Worth checking in advance!

Just for anyone new here, BPAY is an Australian bill payment system and only available through Australian banks/organisations (not to be confused with Barclays bPay in the UK). If you don't have access to an Australian bank account then you can't use BPAY!   Be aware that if you make a payment to a new BPAY recipient on your account you may recieve an SMS to your mobile phone with a validation code in order to complete the transaction.  So also worth while making sure the mobile phone number on your account is current.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Biggsy said:

We went into Commbank while on holiday and enquired about BPAY in preparation. Just as well we did as they had to increase the BPAY limit on our account up to the max which I think was $100k.  Not sure why but for some reason we wouldn't have been able to increase the limit online (or by telephone).  Worth checking in advance!

Just for anyone new here, BPAY is an Australian bill payment system and only available through Australian banks/organisations (not to be confused with Barclays bPay in the UK). If you don't have access to an Australian bank account then you can't use BPAY!   Be aware that if you make a payment to a new BPAY recipient on your account you may recieve an SMS to your mobile phone with a validation code in order to complete the transaction.  So also worth while making sure the mobile phone number on your account is current.

Thanks @Biggsy  we haven’t set up an Aussie account as we haven’t been over for nearly a year...so may pay via daughter/SiL’s account 

On 20/11/2019 at 08:44, Andy2019 said:

Hello everyone, can you please advise what is discussed during the AOS interview (face to face or telephone). Does it focus on your current employment or your obligations as a sponsor? Thanks 

Can anyone assist with the above? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Andy2019 said:

Can anyone assist with the above? Thanks 

Hi Andy, 

It wasn't really an interview for me. They asked me to confirm who i am, who I want to sponsor and told me my responsibilities as an assurer. Most of the time, i only need to say yes, yes, yes, agree!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Amytran1 said:

Hi can anyone please help I had received private number from centrelink today in regard of AOS I missed both phone call 😐so what should I do now should I call them back on the assurant of support number or wait for them to call me back

Thank you 

Can you please write visa details in your timeline   Go to your name > Settings> Signature (Type details) > Save

First of all congratulations Rosiejaq on receiving your aos acceptance letter after all this time, I hope things go more smoothly for you now you're on the home straight. 

After a visit and a phone call to Centrelink my son still hasn't received the acceptance letter from them even though he's been assured all docs are in order. After ther first visit he was told all docs are ok will resubmit and will take a maiximum of 14 days which is today! He phoned a week ago and was told yes everything is ok it was their error and they would put a rush on it as it was a Friday he would get it Monday or Tuesday, yes, you've guessed, no letter! Does anyone know the number for the complaint line please as now we're all banging our heads against the wall!!😆

Congratulations to all the people getting requests for docs now. I hope your experience is better than ours.😂

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Linda Brown said:

First of all congratulations Rosiejaq on receiving your aos acceptance letter after all this time, I hope things go more smoothly for you now you're on the home straight. 

<snip>

Does anyone know the number for the complaint line please as now we're all banging our heads against the wall!!😆

Congratulations to all the people getting requests for docs now. I hope your experience is better than ours.😂

https://www.mhs.gov.au/contact

Contact the Minister for Government Services.

The more people that let the Minister know about the shambles that is the administration of the AoS process the more likely it is that something will be done about it.

The Shadow Minister is the former Leader of the Opposition - suggest communications are sent to him as well:

https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian?MPID=00ATG#t2-content-panel

Good luck!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.mhs.gov.au/contact

Contact the Minister for Government Services.

The more people that let the Minister know about the shambles that is the administration of the AoS process the more likely it is that something will be done about it.

The Shadow Minister is the former Leader of the Opposition - suggest communications are sent to him as well:

https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian?MPID=00ATG#t2-content-panel

Good luck!

Thanks Alan, I will e mail them but after I get the acceptance letter from Centrelink !☺ I think there must be two IT systems trying to work alongside each other and sometimes they don't connect properly. It really makes a lot of extra work for Centrelink staff who're probably overstretched anyway, although apparently they're always pleasant on the phone and in the office. It must be as frustrating for them as for us!

I will certainly put my point of view across.

• Confused 1

Just had our acceptance letter through, very relieved 😊. Someone up there must have been listening to my moans. So, on to the next stage now. It's been almost exactly 4 years since we started the process in 2015, at the time it was taking 20 -24 months to be processed,  I feel for those still in the queue as to even get to this stage will take a very long time.

I still feel the system could be improved  at the point of aos application and if I finally get a visa I will put my points to people mentioned previously., if they don't know the problems they can't  improve them.🤗

• Congratulations 10

On 26/11/2019 at 21:52, Biggsy said:

Thanks David we are also considering a large Movecube with Seven Seas when the time comes.  All depends on the how the timing for the 143 goes towards the end of next year. Will probably have had enough of waiting by then either way 😁

We're just moving boxes, a coffee table (sentimental), fishing gear and keyboard so have been having fun with the MoveCube site!  need to measure and label everything now, I think, so we then can submit everything we're sending.😎

• Like 1

G’day... we received our request for second Vac yesterday and Visa Grant today. Just for information.... we paid via Bpay with CommBank.. in the mobile app... select Bpay... new... use your phone to scan the invoice... ( it said the amount was more than my daily limit. Would I like to increase the limit) I increased the limit no problem and clicked pay. So simple ... I then sent a copy via the same email I received from team 1. The Visa was granted at 3am. We have until the 29/11/2020 to enter Australia to validate it.

Thank you to everyone that helped us over the last 4 years, without pomsinoz to help us it would of been just about impossible to get through all the paperwork needed for a successful outcome. We didn’t have a migration agent but with all your help we made it. Thank you and good luck to all those awaiting their AoS letters and final Vac payment, especially Rosiejaq I feel guilty getting our Visa before you. We can’t travel before April as it takes 6 months for the process to bring our dog.

Good luck 😘Shelagh

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 17

43 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Thank you and good luck to all those awaiting their AoS letters and final Vac payment, especially Rosiejaq I feel guilty getting our Visa before you. We can’t travel before April as it takes 6 months for the process to bring our dog.

Good luck 😘Shelagh

Big congrats to you @Jellybean T don’t worry....hopefully ours will be through soon ❤️😎😎😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1