Guest guest36187

Then there are posters like me whose time line isn’t/wasn’t relevant as it was almost a one off due to different conditions. However I can and occasionally do give  advice from  experience.

There seems to be a slight change of tone to the parent visa thread recently, posters do have the right to put as much or little personal details on their posts, but still ask questions. Any poster can put another on ignore, and to the best of my knowledge a poster only gets an infringement for overstepping the mark due to ill advised content. 

Of course there is a high level of frustration due to the lengthening of the visa queue, but perhaps some posters need more help and reassurance than others. It is a personal choice whether anyone decides to help another poster or not.

• Like 3

I do appreciate what you say but I have seen some posts in the last few months which were very rude to others and not in the spirit of the forum, which is why the ignore function is useful. 

However the  “ignore”  function does not work well because if someone quotes the ignored  persons post it can still be seen which really defeats the object! Perhaps admin /moderators can look into this. 

Thr forum should be a place where people can come together to support each other. Yes of course we will all have a different opinion on some things and can choose whether to help or not but there’s no need for deliberate rudeness and denigration of other members 

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

I’m sure there will be some on here that are trolls and have nothing to do with parent visas. There will also be people like me. I have been a member of this site for over fours years, have posted in excess of a thousand comments and have tried to help a great many people by responding to their posts/questions.  I simply do not wish to put a timeline up for personal reasons. You mention genuine members, are you are meaning people like yourself, all 35 comments from you and less than 3 months a member. Putting a timeline doesn’t define who is and isn’t a member. People taking time to contribute to the forum does. Just to clarify, I am a real person, I have a real parent visa application in the system and thankfully, I am much nearer the finish line than many, including you. 

Oh Tulip1 I hope you didn't think I was referring to you in any way!  By genuine I mean people who are here for a genuine reason rather than the length of time someone has been a member.  You seem genuine to me,  from your previous posts I notice you appeared to be applying for your visa in Feb 2017.

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

I do appreciate what you say but I have seen some posts in the last few months which were very rude to others and not in the spirit of the forum, which is why the ignore function is useful. 

However the  “ignore”  function does not work well because if someone quotes the ignored  persons post it can still be seen which really defeats the object! Perhaps admin /moderators can look into this. 

Thr forum should be a place where people can come together to support each other. Yes of course we will all have a different opinion on some things and can choose whether to help or not but there’s no need for deliberate rudeness and denigration of other members 

And you think this “coming together to support each other” and “there is no need for denigration of other members” is demonstrated in your choice below of deliberately ignoring and ostracising others because they don’t conform to your wish to see all timelines 🤔

“”“Also probably the best way is quite simply not to answer any post without a timeline  which is what I do. If people  didn’t  get a response - of any sort - they will hopefully  realise it’s notworth posting.  Moderators  could we also have a setting to actually“block” posters as well ?“”“

I will cease to post anything on this part of the forum from today as attitudes such as what you’ve written above do not sit well with me.  I urge the many others on here to look beyond someone’s signature and consider the spirit of the forum which you do not appear to do. I wish everyone the very best of luck in their journeys.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

I had done form 929 but it was still not updated

I’ve just looked and it said - 8 Oct awaiting documents but doesn’t say what?.. I applied beg sept for passport change 

so now I realise you can do it via immi account I have just done that 

although I didn’t have a certified cooy of my passport ,only read that after I submitted copy!!

did you certify your passport page?  You can check if they have done it via your VEVO takes 24 -48:hrs it says 

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/already-have-a-visa/check-visa-details-and-conditions

We only provided scanned passports in color.  It worked when we applied for our tourist visa and hope will do this time too.

• Thanks 1

Moderator hat:

• Creating a timeline is not a compulsory part of the being a member of the forum - it's personal choice.  Agents are the only people who must create a signature in order to display their credentials/Agent registration number.
  • Yes, the ignore doesn't work if someone quotes a post
  • We don't have a block function but I have flagged with the owners - perhaps this is something that could be added
  • You have a personal choice as to which posts/posters you read and respond to
  •  I think our forum guidelines covers the being respectful to others in Forum Etiquette (which I'm sure everyone read when they signed up).

Member hat:

I found it a little sad to read that someone doesn't respond to posts because they don't have a timeline.  After 13 years on the forum - my timeline would be absolutely irrelevant to anyone now.  The forum is here to help people on their migration journey, to offer support and share experiences.  IMHO that can and has been done quite successfully irrespective of someone having a time line or not.

To the members who don't want to post a timeline - don't I'm 100% sure you will still get a response to your questions from someone who genuinely wants to help.

• Like 6

I am a bit disappointed with the way this forum is going. I have found  it very helpful on my journey but at the moment it's not being particularly helpful to anyone. Yes it's good to see timelines and frankly I can't imagine why anyone would not put them on, but that's their decision. 

Come on let's get back to how the forum worked before, helping each other along the way, which we all need during the long journey of obtaining a visa. I'm lucky, I'm at the Centrelink stage (is that lucky), so come on guys let's get back into helpful mode and stop the sniping or I for one will sign off.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

There is a small mark top right of a post, press on this to report a post for the moderators to check. They are best placed to decide if the content is appropriate.

now put personal feelings aside and return to the main purpose of PIO parent visa thread and help and support each other through the frustrating but hopefully successful  immigration journey.

Edited by ramot
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Linda Brown said:

I am a bit disappointed with the way this forum is going. I have found  it very helpful on my journey but at the moment it's not being particularly helpful to anyone. Yes it's good to see timelines and frankly I can't imagine why anyone would not put them on, but that's their decision. 

Many of us don't post timelines because they are so old that they are totally irrelevant! And also many people do want to retain some privacy - some people have so much detail in their timelines that their case officers will spot them instantly!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Many of us don't post timelines because they are so old that they are totally irrelevant! And also many people do want to retain some privacy - some people have so much detail in their timelines that their case officers will spot them instantly!

It’s strange but you mention case officers ...we don’t appear to have one as our daughter talks to a different person every time!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rosiejaq said:

It’s strange but you mention case officers ...we don’t appear to have one as our daughter talks to a different person every time!

It has long been known though that immigration case workers browse through forums like this -especially if they have a case they think isn't quite kosher. (I'm not saying thats the case with yours!!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nemesis said:

It has long been known though that immigration case workers browse through forums like this -especially if they have a case they think isn't quite kosher. (I'm not saying thats the case with yours!!)

I never thought of that but it does make sense...when you watch Nothing to Declare they go through phones etc so why not forums as well.  I’m not worrying about it and didn’t even think you thought that 😊

• Like 1

Guest The Pom Queen
On 09/11/2019 at 00:26, Biggsy said:

It's tempting I know!  It's also possible that we have some amongst us making comments on here who have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Australia or parent visas and therefore wouldn't have a timeline.  Sometimes you do get sad individuals who sign up to forums and have no interest in the topic, they just want to provoke the genuine members and cause bad feelings.  I think they are referred to as trolls! 

@Biggsy you have been a member of this thread for 3 months, a thread that has been running for just short of 10 years.  At NO time have we ever in the life of the forum insisted that members have a timeline, it is probably something we have actually discouraged due to members exceeding the number of lines permitted. 
You don’t need to worry about trolls, the thread flows smoothly and without trouble. In 10 years I think we have had Less than 5 reported posts.

I hope that clears everything up for everyone, this is a wonderful, friendly thread and here’s to many more years of friendly information. 
‘ADMIN 

5 hours ago, Andree' said:

I lodged my AOS on 16/8/2019, but I don't get any email yet. Just checked mygov acc and I found this one? Is it canceled?  Please help 

received_1352959154881622.jpeg

Hi Andree, I think you need to contact centerlink as soon as possible. I hope you can sort it out quickly, a lot of people are having a problem with the Aos so hopefully it’s you will be able to sort it out. Good luck🙏

Hello Andree 

you need to go back into the Centrelink office where you lodged the application not phone them    The Centrelink staff are great and very helpful. It is the system that is a bit orkward I’m sure it is nothing that can’t be rectified 

please let us know here how you get on 

Regards

This morning I came to Centrelink. The centrelink officer said the error system so no email or notice come through mygov email about interview or anything. Then i checked my phone dial, i missed a call from ID caller 3 days ago. Then 1 hour later, i got an email with a reject letter. I and my friend are asurers with joint application,( I sponsor my dad, mom, and my friend asure my brother), but they give me that reason,still confusing.

IMG_20191111_160456.jpg

9 minutes ago, Andree' said:

This morning I came to Centrelink. The centrelink officer said the error system so no email or notice come through mygov email about interview or anything. Then i checked my phone dial, i missed a call from ID caller 3 days ago. Then 1 hour later, i got an email with a reject letter. I and my friend are asurers with joint application,( I sponsor my dad, mom, and my friend asure my brother), but they give me that reason,still confusing.

Did you lodge only one application?

1 asurer 2 people is max so I lodged by myself for my parents, and my friend lodged by himself for my brother. We used the joint application reference number that mygov sent to me earlier. I come to centrelink afternoon again and they said they can't do anything, go home and make a call on hotline number. So stressful