Guest guest36187

Ok, I wrote to my accountant and she advised me that my ato refund is on 7th Nov. I had to link the ATO to MyGov as I did with centrelink and after navigating a bit was able to find where I could access all the previous years assessments, neat! and my return lodged on 31st Oct has assessment due on 7th. My accountant advised me to download a softcopy, so I'll be waiting till 7th Nov to lodge my AOS. Cheers

• Like 1

Oh well what did we expect, despite being assured by the manager of CL that the documents they had uploaded concerning Aos payment were correct our daughter has now received a rejection letter...seems to be happening to everyone.  Another phone call to CL tomorrow then 🤬🤬🤬😎😎

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Rosiejaq said:

Oh well what did we expect, despite being assured by the manager of CL that the documents they had uploaded concerning Aos payment were correct our daughter has now received a rejection letter...seems to be happening to everyone.  Another phone call to CL tomorrow then 🤬🤬🤬😎😎

I don’t believe this! !!  You've had so many problems -  I really hope that very soon you will get your visas - and that your sunnies are plonked firmly on your head. Good luck with the phone call. 🤞🤞

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rosiejaq said:

Oh no that’s so dam awful!!!! Praying it gets sorted for you 😟

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2019 at 06:01, bridgie said:

Everything is sent to you on the email you will receive. It mentions that your sponsor can send the application on their MyGov account which our son did. As he had never claimed anything from centre link he had to visit to prove his identity and be given a CRN number. Centre link actually set the account up for him.

Once you open MyGov, you click on Centre link and I think claims and then AOS. There are four sections to complete and the only problem we had was not knowing which file number to insert...... it’s the one with BCC in front of it.

We chose to do it online because you can see any progress and it’s supposed to be faster..... we shall see.

Took a morning to do but that was because our son had to visit Centre link and he lives in Sydney and we are visiting Melbourne and both of us couldn’t log in to the same MyGov account at the same time. You are sent a phone code each time for security.

Obviously doing it that way I’m afraid I know nothing about the paper version.

We submitted on the 1st Nov and received a receipt saying our AOS would be completed Dec13th.......I’m not holding my breath.

Like others I’ll let you know how we go and if their are any hiccups that are avoidableemoji106.png

Bridgie

bridge don’t pay any attention to that our AOS application was submitted  on 14 August said it would be completed by 20 September,,it’s an automated response  our AOS application was completed last Friday 1st November wating for arrival of letter to send the money so expect 10 plus weeks of more waiting 

Edited by kevvo
  • Like 2

bridge don’t pay any attention to that our AOS application was submitted  on 14 August said it would be completed by 20 September,,it’s an automated response  our AOS application was completed last Friday 1st November wating for arrival of letter to send the money so expect 10 plus weeks of more waiting 

I kinda thought that. Our 600 visa runs out early August 2020, that’s the date I’m working on. Looking forward to the medical on Thursday especially the bit where you suck in your cheeks and blow out through your ears (something like that) last year we took the medical thinking our paperwork would be picked up.....anyways the suck and blow bit was my favourite as my wife couldn’t get it and ended up get very angry with me as I was laughing so much. The doctor we were examined by was more interested in car pool karaoke with James Corden than our exam.....it was surreal[emoji3][emoji3]
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, bridgie said:

I kinda thought that. Our 600 visa runs out early August 2020, that’s the date I’m working on. Looking forward to the medical on Thursday especially the bit where you suck in your cheeks and blow out through your ears (something like that) last year we took the medical thinking our paperwork would be picked up.....anyways the suck and blow bit was my favourite as my wife couldn’t get it and ended up get very angry with me as I was laughing so much. The doctor we were examined by was more interested in car pool karaoke with James Corden than our exam.....it was surrealemoji3.pngemoji3.png

I don’t think any 2 clinics do the medical the same way.  Ours was very straight forward unlike some people who had to touch their toes etc. Good luck on Thursday and I’m sure you should get the visa before August.😅

On 23/10/2019 at 10:15, kevvo said:

I want to make a suggestion here to all the people whom have gone through the Centrelink saga as it has to many variations 

can every on that is finished with Centrelink please post here what they have done start to finish from application to payment earlier post about setting up bank account to pay it great info  from my own experience I feel it’s a case of them making it up as we go along also if we had everyone’s input it helps so much because one little mistake with Centrelink can cost so much time backtracking with the application 

Sorry! I missed earlier post about setting up bank account to pay it. I tried to find this post but couldn't. Can anyone please rewrite about how to set up bank account to pay??

Hi Greece, My son just set up a normal Commbank  account in his name, I transferred the bond amount into this account. You can't set up the bond account without the letter inviting you to do so, as it contains information and reference numbers applicable only to your AOS bond. He closed his account as soon as the bond was set up. it just helps to be able to transfer the money if you already have a Commbank account. Hope this makes sense. He had the telephone interview and was told he would receive the invitation letter through his mygov account in about 6 days and to contact them if it didn't arrive.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Greece, My son just set up a normal Commbank  account in his name, I transferred the bond amount into this account. You can't set up the bond account without the letter inviting you to do so, as it contains information and reference numbers applicable only to your AOS bond. He closed his account as soon as the bond was set up. it just helps to be able to transfer the money if you already have a Commbank account. Hope this makes sense. He had the telephone interview and was told he would receive the invitation letter through his mygov account in about 6 days and to contact them if it didn't arrive.

@Jellybean, Thanks for bank account set up info. It is clear to me now. In my case, my son has already bank account with Comm Bank. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Biggsy said:

Found this but as I don't know the AoS process I'm not sure how accurate it is.  However, I'm 100% sure the yellow highlighted text at the begining is spot on!  Any comments from members who have gone through AoS would be appreciated by all. 

https://www.bigdream.com.au/en/aos/article/how-to-complete-an-aos

Just looked at this....our SiL didn’t have to pay the $150! Just set up three accounts for some reason!

11 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

@Rosiejaq do you know why you have had a rejection letter yet? 

Fingers crossed for you!

Just spoke to daughter and SiL spoke to CL and they say they haven’t got a clue why it’s been rejected.  They’re going to try and find out what the problem is as when daughter and SiL submitted the bank receipts etc CL manager said that everything was correct.  SiL has been asked to call on Friday if he doesn’t hear anything before 🤪🤬🤬😎😎

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Just spoke to daughter and SiL spoke to CL and they say they haven’t got a clue why it’s been rejected.  They’re going to try and find out what the problem is as when daughter and SiL submitted the bank receipts etc CL manager said that everything was correct.  SiL has been asked to call on Friday if he doesn’t hear anything before 🤪🤬🤬😎😎

I hope everything is sorted out for you.

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2019 at 14:14, Alan Collett said:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Investing/In-detail/Investing-in-shares/Shares---helping-you-to-avoid-common-mistakes/#H1

I think you need to lock in the tax year in which these dividends are properly included in your taxable income - see this web page.

If not yet paid to you are you sure they are properly to be included in your 2019 tax return?

If the tax return was to be e-lodged tomorrow you can reasonably expect the notice of assessment to be forthcoming electronically by the end of the week.   Unless there's a reason for the processing of your tax return to be delayed.

Best regards.

@Han and @Alan Collett

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support/how-apply/documents-you-need-provide

This website, as recommended by @Kathss56 states the following. Does it mean that we can provide previous FY notice of assessment + 2 recent payslips, if we dont have one for 2018-19 yet? I am in the same situation and havent filed this year's yet and given the short timeframe for AoS lodgement I am afraid I wont have enough time to do it.

image.thumb.png.b505fc927f78fbb095c1eb7345dee1ae.png

1 minute ago, NewBee2019 said:

@Han and @Alan Collett

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support/how-apply/documents-you-need-provide

This website, as recommended by @Kathss56 states the following. Does it mean that we can provide previous FY notice of assessment + 2 recent payslips, if we dont have one for 2018-19 yet? I am in the same situation and havent filed this year's yet and given the short timeframe for AoS lodgement I am afraid I wont have enough time to do it.

image.thumb.png.b505fc927f78fbb095c1eb7345dee1ae.png

I'm not clear - why can't you submit your 2019 tax return?

It is now over 4 months since the end of the 2018/19 tax year.

Best regards.

20 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I'm not clear - why can't you submit your 2019 tax return?

It is now over 4 months since the end of the 2018/19 tax year.

Best regards.

We're traveling and hence may not be able to finish up on time. So, would you/anyone happen to know, in the worst case scenario that we are unable to submit returns on time, is previous year notice of assessment and recent payslips sufficient?