Guest guest36187

Spent a wonderful day with the Aos website MyGov....it’s so user friendly.....NOT.

However we finally got all the boxes ticked but we are still not sure about one thing.

the online page asks you to submit your “Visa applicant file reference number” and helpfully tells you that this information is on the Aos letter sent to you.

The letter gives you....an Application ID 1320*****4 and

A file number BCC2016/1****4

the second one won’t fit unless you trim off the BCC and the first number fits but is labelled an Application ID not a file reference number.

help🙏🙏🙏🙏

Anyone who has completed the application online, do you have the answer???

Oh and MyGov site has just crashed so you can’t get on,,,,,Give me strength or a red wine.

Bridgie

Edited by bridgie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/11/2019 at 17:14, bridgie said:

Spent a wonderful day with the Aos website MyGov....it’s so user friendly.....NOT.

However we finally got all the boxes ticked but we are still not sure about one thing.

the online page asks you to submit your “Visa applicant file reference number” and helpfully tells you that this information is on the Aos letter sent to you.

the second one won’t fit unless you trim off the BCC and the first number fits but is labelled an Application ID not a file reference number.

help🙏🙏🙏🙏

Oh and MyGov site has just crashed so you can’t get on,,,,,Give me strength or a red wine.

Bridgie

Dear Bridgie,

I also faced similar problem. I solved the problem as per following instruction-

Many thanks for your inquiry:

You may wish to try any of the three options listed below:

a)       Enter only: BCC*******5 (without the forward slash) or

b)      Enter only: 2015/3*****5 (with the forward slash) or

c)       Enter only: 20153*****5 (without the forward slash)

Kind regards

Parent, Child and Other Family Section
Skilled and Family Visa Program |Immigration Programs Division
Immigration and Settlement Services Group

Department of Home Affairs

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed personal details
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi

Wondered if anybody can help me with completing the AOS. It requires notice of assessment for last financial year (Q45), but my tax assessment hasn't been completed yet, as I'm waiting for a shares payout. Can I just show my payment summary from my employer or is there something else I can provide? Thanks

39 minutes ago, Han said:

Hi

Wondered if anybody can help me with completing the AOS. It requires notice of assessment for last financial year (Q45), but my tax assessment hasn't been completed yet, as I'm waiting for a shares payout. Can I just show my payment summary from my employer or is there something else I can provide? Thanks

What do you mean you are waiting for a shares payout?

The last tax year ended 4 months ago - I suggest you lodge your 2019 Aus tax return ASAP so the tax assessment notice can be presented to Centrelink.

I anticipate you are using a tax agent as the 2019 Aus tax return deadline for lodging without a tax agent was yesterday => liaise with your agent with a view to the tax assessment being generated.

Best regards.

• Like 2

On 01/11/2019 at 17:14, bridgie said:

help🙏🙏🙏🙏

Bridgie

Hi, I'm expecting CO call during end of this month. There are lot of queries about AoS. I'm a bit worries of AoS process. Can you please write How to submit AoS documents? Which site to submit online application? Can we prepare anything in advance of CO call? From where we get application Form? etc etc many Questions come to my mind. Please share important website, form, important info etc for AoS. Thanks in advance!

Hi, I'm expecting CO call during end of this month. There are lot of queries about AoS. I'm a bit worries of AoS process. Can you please write How to submit AoS documents? Which site to submit online application? Can we prepare anything in advance of CO call? From where we get application Form? etc etc many Questions come to my mind. Please share important website, form, important info etc for AoS. Thanks in advance!

Everything is sent to you on the email you will receive. It mentions that your sponsor can send the application on their MyGov account which our son did. As he had never claimed anything from centre link he had to visit to prove his identity and be given a CRN number. Centre link actually set the account up for him.

Once you open MyGov, you click on Centre link and I think claims and then AOS. There are four sections to complete and the only problem we had was not knowing which file number to insert...... it’s the one with BCC in front of it.

We chose to do it online because you can see any progress and it’s supposed to be faster..... we shall see.

Took a morning to do but that was because our son had to visit Centre link and he lives in Sydney and we are visiting Melbourne and both of us couldn’t log in to the same MyGov account at the same time. You are sent a phone code each time for security.

Obviously doing it that way I’m afraid I know nothing about the paper version.

We submitted on the 1st Nov and received a receipt saying our AOS would be completed Dec13th.......I’m not holding my breath.

Like others I’ll let you know how we go and if their are any hiccups that are avoidable[emoji106]

Bridgie

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bridgie said:

Everything is sent to you on the email you will receive. It mentions that your sponsor can send the application on their MyGov account which our son did. As he had never claimed anything from centre link he had to visit to prove his identity and be given a CRN number. Centre link actually set the account up for him.

<snip>

Bridgie

Remember that the sponsor does not have to be the assurer ...

Best regards.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

What do you mean you are waiting for a shares payout?

The last tax year ended 4 months ago - I suggest you lodge your 2019 Aus tax return ASAP so the tax assessment notice can be presented to Centrelink.

I anticipate you are using a tax agent as the 2019 Aus tax return deadline for lodging without a tax agent was yesterday => liaise with your agent with a view to the tax assessment being generated.

Best regards.

Hi Alan Thanks for your response. Our dividends are not paid out yet, I can't tell you why, its always been the case. Yes, we use an accountant every year. Even if we submit our paperwork as quickly as possible once dividends are paid, I don't think we'll get the notice of assessment back in time, so was hoping there was another piece of evidence. Ideally, I was hoping it wouldn't happen at this exact moment of they year!

6 hours ago, bridgie said:

Once you open MyGov, you click on Centre link and I think claims and then AOS. There are four sections to complete and the only problem we had was not knowing which file number to insert...... it’s the one with BCC in front of it.

We chose to do it online because you can see any progress and it’s supposed to be faster..... we shall see.

Took a morning to do but that was because our son had to visit Centre link and he lives in Sydney and we are visiting Melbourne and both of us couldn’t log in to the same MyGov account at the same time. You are sent a phone code each time for security.

Obviously doing it that way I’m afraid I know nothing about the paper version.

We submitted on the 1st Nov and received a receipt saying our AOS would be completed Dec13th.......I’m not holding my breath.

Like others I’ll let you know how we go and if their are any hiccups that are avoidableemoji106.png

Bridgie

Thanks Bridgie for detailed information. Wish you good luck to complete AoS by 13th Dec. I had seen earlier many comments in Forum that we should not believe in their promises but keep following up with Centrelink by phone call or personal visit. With best wishes..........

Hi, Can anyone please tell us whether can we take CRN number and set up MyGov account in advance of CO email to submit CPV 143 documents?? If yes, what is the procedure? Also, my both children are joint sponsors. Do my children both required to set up MyGov account individually or only One sponsor need to set up?

Edited by Greece

3 hours ago, Han said:

Hi Alan Thanks for your response. Our dividends are not paid out yet, I can't tell you why, its always been the case. Yes, we use an accountant every year. Even if we submit our paperwork as quickly as possible once dividends are paid, I don't think we'll get the notice of assessment back in time, so was hoping there was another piece of evidence. Ideally, I was hoping it wouldn't happen at this exact moment of they year!

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Investing/In-detail/Investing-in-shares/Shares---helping-you-to-avoid-common-mistakes/#H1

I think you need to lock in the tax year in which these dividends are properly included in your taxable income - see this web page.

If not yet paid to you are you sure they are properly to be included in your 2019 tax return?

If the tax return was to be e-lodged tomorrow you can reasonably expect the notice of assessment to be forthcoming electronically by the end of the week.   Unless there's a reason for the processing of your tax return to be delayed.

Best regards.

57 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Investing/In-detail/Investing-in-shares/Shares---helping-you-to-avoid-common-mistakes/#H1

I think you need to lock in the tax year in which these dividends are properly included in your taxable income - see this web page.

If not yet paid to you are you sure they are properly to be included in your 2019 tax return?

If the tax return was to be e-lodged tomorrow you can reasonably expect the notice of assessment to be forthcoming electronically by the end of the week.   Unless there's a reason for the processing of your tax return to be delayed.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan. Definitely 2019 tax return, it happens every year. I will speak with our accountant tomorrow. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond

8 hours ago, bridgie said:

the only problem we had was not knowing which file number to insert...... it’s the one with BCC in front of it.

Bridgie

Thanks for File Number information.

Edited by Greece

4 hours ago, Greece said:

Hi, Can anyone please tell us whether can we take CRN number and set up MyGov account in advance of CO email to submit CPV 143 documents?? If yes, what is the procedure? Also, my both children are joint sponsors. Do my children both required to set up MyGov account individually or only One sponsor need to set up?

Hi Greece, I Know you can set up the mygov account on line but don’t know the procedure... both your children need their own account to do the Aos. Both our son and daughter in law had to have an account and both were contacted separately for the interview etc. If you haven’t done so already I would complete the form 80 while you are waiting as this takes a bit of time. Especially if you’ve had a few holidays over the last 10 years or a few jobs since you started to work. Good luck.. Shelagh 

22 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Hi Greece, I Know you can set up the mygov account on line but don’t know the procedure... both your children need their own account to do the Aos. Both our son and daughter in law had to have an account and both were contacted separately for the interview etc. If you haven’t done so already I would complete the form 80 while you are waiting as this takes a bit of time. Especially if you’ve had a few holidays over the last 10 years or a few jobs since you started to work. Good luck.. Shelagh 

Thanks for info. My children will try to set up MyGov account in advance and Form 80 are already filled up for both of us.

• Like 1

I got the emails today for application submitted Jan 16. Rushed to centrelink to get the CRN, filled out the AOS form, but now stuck with the same predicament as HAN. So basically my accountant filed the returns on 31st Oct, so I dont have the fy18/19 tax assessment. I was wondering if I can submit it and when the assessment comes add in as an attachment OR, should i wait for assessment to come..which might take at least two weeks? Thanks

• Congratulations 1

4 minutes ago, lecher said:

I got the emails today for application submitted Jan 16. Rushed to centrelink to get the CRN, filled out the AOS form, but now stuck with the same predicament as HAN. So basically my accountant filed the returns on 31st Oct, so I dont have the fy18/19 tax assessment. I was wondering if I can submit it and when the assessment comes add in as an attachment OR, should i wait for assessment to come..which might take at least two weeks? Thanks

Congratulations 🥳 

Is your application a 143 or 173?

And what date in Jan 2016 did you apply please?

Good luck for the AOS process.