Guest guest36187

29 minutes ago, Sadge said:

If you read other people's timelines at the bottom of their posts you will get an idea of how long the different stages take.

Indeed, thank you Sadge.

However, most timelines from this thread are from 2015-2016. I was looking at more recent experiences. E.g. looking at your timeline from 2014 I see that you were waiting for application acknowledgement letter for nearly 7 months back then..

The reason I am asking is because we have just applied for 143 +paid the fees online. This is done ahead of our upcoming 870 application, which we are going to apply for asap.

The catch is that one can only apply for 143 prior to the grant of 870.

Does this mean that we now have to wait many months for the 143 application acknowledgement and should not apply for 173 until received this 143 acknowledgement letter? Or would the fact of initial 143 fee payment be considered as application date submitted?

16 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Did you get a reference number when you submitted the paper Aos as our daughter did.  They should’ve given you one.

hi Rosiejaq,

No, we did't get a reference number as it was handed over personally to d centrelink. Anyway now they have conformed it's in d system and will be called in due course.

Hi Everyone, I been checking this form for a while. I can understand the frustration which we get from Aos. I m n Melbourne and I applied for my parents in nov 2015. I got invitation for further docs on 29 July . Applied my Aos on 14/08/19.           Got interview on 6/09/19. Got bank guarantee letter on 09/09/19. Uploaded bank guarantee letter through mygov on 14/09/19. I received rejection letter on 29/09/19. Was shocked and frustrated. During 14/09/19 - 29/09/19 , I literally made 50 phone calls to Aos customer service number 132850. Got different story every time call them , they actually don't know wat they r doing. Best answers most them gave it will 6 months just wait. Even, after uploading my back docs I called them 25 times to make sure they forwarded my docs to Aos team . Every time they said yes and they said put a note on ur file. Now back to story when I received rejection letter. I was so frustrated bcz I knew this thing will delay more now. I called on a complaint and feedback number on , which is on bottom of rejection letter, even u can find it on mygov aswell, the lady who answered my call helped me at her best. When I told her my situation, she straightaway put on hold and called the person who interviewed me. And they approved my application in 5 mins and she also told me that I got rejection letter bcz my docs weren't forwarded and also I put financial when I uploaded through mygov. She said I should have put Aos , I told her there was no option for that. Even she had no answer. And interviewer said me just upload and call on 132850. But nothing to worry that rejection letter is automated letter generated my computer bcz they didn't receive bank guarantee letters . After  3days i received my approval letter in mygov inbox.  From my experience in these situations always call on complaints and feedback number. So will be answered in 15-20 mins . If they ask tell them I m not getting clear answers from other number. And keep calling every single day those who still waiting for interview. Tell them people getting their approval letter in 1 month not 6 month. Msg is bit long , may b it will help someone. Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Hello, folks who have gone through the AOS application process, would you be able to help me with one of the questions. It asks "What is your current annual taxable income?". Is centerlink looking for income obtained year to date, or are they looking for an estimation of the income over the current financial year? Thanks.

2 hours ago, florafilan said:

AOS finally got accepted 🎉🎉🎉

I did re-uploaded the documents together with the invitation letter as well as a form to request for review of a Centrelink decision 2 days ago.  Wondering if those had helped.

Now the waiting game restarts...  

congrats!did you get acceptance letter in mail or my gov email?

@ielectric it came to mygov inbox.  I tried changing my communication preference through mygov to receive any letters online but the changes don't get saved.  It was fixed by one of the rep at centrelink during one of my many calls with them.  If it is set up correctly, you should receive a welcome letter from centrelink through mygov inbox.   

14 hours ago, pmindia said:

Hello, folks who have gone through the AOS application process, would you be able to help me with one of the questions. It asks "What is your current annual taxable income?". Is centerlink looking for income obtained year to date, or are they looking for an estimation of the income over the current financial year? Thanks.

Should be the estimate for the whole year and you will have to be able to prove it to centrelink.

Edited by florafilan

2 hours ago, florafilan said:

@ielectric it came to mygov inbox.  I tried changing my communication preference through mygov to receive any letters online but the changes don't get saved.  It was fixed by one of the rep at centrelink during one of my many calls with them.  If it is set up correctly, you should receive a welcome letter from centrelink through mygov inbox.   

thanks a lot,does the my gov letter also have a few days delay?as i saw ur timeline its accepted earlier

4 minutes ago, ielectric said:

thanks a lot,does the my gov letter also have a few days delay?as i saw ur timeline its accepted earlier

It arrived in my inbox on the same date as stated on the letter but I only got a text msg on my phone from mygov saying I have new msg yesterday and that's when I checked.

It's interesting that aos was accepted 3 hours after the request for review was lodged. 

1 hour ago, florafilan said:

It arrived in my inbox on the same date as stated on the letter but I only got a text msg on my phone from mygov saying I have new msg yesterday and that's when I checked.

It's interesting that aos was accepted 3 hours after the request for review was lodged. 

i c thanks for sharing☺️

Hi ,  As I have provided all the docs to immi on 9/10/19, so how long I hv to wait for second vac. ? I applied 143 in 06/11/15, immi is dealing with October applications now . Will they contact me anytime sooner or  do I hv to wait until November comes up on their website. Do they on deal with the month which appears on their website? If anyone has any clue pls tell.....

9 hours ago, Paul7517 said:

Hi ,  As I have provided all the docs to immi on 9/10/19, so how long I hv to wait for second vac. ? I applied 143 in 06/11/15, immi is dealing with October applications now . Will they contact me anytime sooner or  do I hv to wait until November comes up on their website. Do they on deal with the month which appears on their website? If anyone has any clue pls tell.....

Have you paid your Aos bond?  We’re just waiting now as well and we applied August 2015....just a waiting game. 😎

22 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

Have you paid your Aos bond?  We’re just waiting now as well and we applied August 2015....just a waiting game. 😎

Will probably need to wait for a communication from the PVC to progress the AoS.

It can be risky doing medicals and police clearances early - ie before being asked to do so - as it closes up the window for arriving in Australia to validate the visa.

Best regards.

Ooh some interesting news from the test email.now working  on December 2015 but the very  interesting bit is what follows

We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.

* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from January 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.
** Onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

This looks like good news for the 143 visa applicants as it seems to imply  that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications which have been assessed up to January 2017! 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 5

Hi, I am just wondering, can a panel doctor that conducts health examinations who is appointed overseas by the Australian government be eligible to sign a Commonwealth Statutory Declaration? 

Would them being appointed mean that they have a connection to Australia? Would they be registered in Australia wherever they may be around the world?  Here is the website to make more sense of having a (connection to Australia) https://www.ag.gov.au/Publications/Statutory-declarations/Pages/who-can-witness-your-statutory-declaration.aspx

Thank you

Joey

7 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Ooh some interesting news from the test email.now working  on December 2015 but the very  interesting bit is what follows

We have identified some discrepancies in processing times between offshore and onshore visas in both Parent and Contributory Parent categories and are taking action to correct them.

* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. Onshore Contributory Parent visas lodged from January 2017 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Contributory Parent (CA143 and TU173) applications to bring the dates back to parity.
** Onshore Aged Parent (BP804) visas have been assessed up to Queued Date of May 2012. Onshore Aged Parent applications with a Queued Date of May 2012 onwards are likely to take longer to process while we action offshore Parent (AX103) applications to bring the dates back to parity.

This looks like good news for the 143 visa applicants as it seems to imply  that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications which have been assessed up to January 2017! 

Interesting news, anyone know the ratio of onshore to offshore visas?

11 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Yes I paid and got acceptance letter start of October. Keep calling then or call on complaint feedback number bcz u r far behind.. u should hv got visa 2 -3 months before. If every thing worked correctly.

10 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Depends of course if the date 864 visas are issued has dropped back to Dec 2015 rather than the 143 issue dates bought forward to January 2017? I interpreted as bad news for 864 visas rather than good news for 143 visas? 

The test email I got back said 

* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. 

On another forum an agent has also noted this and interpreted it as follows

This is good news for the 143 visa applicants as it suggests that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications.  The DHA had reached up to processing visa applications submitted in January 2017 for the 864 visa applications.  

My reading is that immi are bringing the date of assessment for  143 applicants (currently December 2015)  to the same date as for 864 (currently January 2017) which had been processed more quickly in the past when immi themselves say all applications should be dealt with in strict date order. 

• Like 1

I agree with ramot. My interpretation is that the 864/884 visas will be held up until the 143/173 dates catch up. Up till about 6 months ago the 864 date hadn’t moved for more than 2 years. I seem to recall seeing a while ago there were may be about 1200 864/884 visas waiting to be processed, considerably less than the outstanding 143/173 visas. I don’t think it’s good news for anyone really. 143/173 will continue as now and 864/884 will wait for them to catch up.

On the reply from immigration the update now puts the 864 visas together in the same box with the 143 visa with the assessment date 15th October 2015.

The 864 assessment date when previously listed separately was January 2017, so I don’t think it looks good for 864 holders,  now all added to the 143  visa applications,, might even make the queue longer? If so not good for anyone.

Edited by ramot

32 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The test email I got back said 

* Onshore Contributory Parent (UU884 and DG864) visa subclasses have been assessed up to January 2017. 

On another forum an agent has also noted this and interpreted it as follows

This is good news for the 143 visa applicants as it suggests that they will be bringing the 143 into line with the 864 applications.  The DHA had reached up to processing visa applications submitted in January 2017 for the 864 visa applications.  

My reading is that immi are bringing the date of assessment for  143 applicants (currently December 2015)  to the same date as for 864 (currently January 2017) which had been processed more quickly in the past when immi themselves say all applications should be dealt with in strict date order. 

If as previously mentioned there are 50,000 parent visas in the queue, then if the 864 visas which appeared to be assessed differently and given priority to the 143 visas, as I mentioned are now lumped in with the 143 then it suggests the queue will be longer. I read it to mean that immigration realised that it was unfair that onshore visa applications were issued quicker and now their application date will be in line with offshore application dates ?

Therefor making the queue fairer

The figure of 50000 includes  ALL contributory parent types so  I can’t see how that queue (864,884,173,143) as a whole would be longer?  It would still move at the same pace, it just means all applications being dealt with in strict date  order. But to do that they have to bring 173  and 143 applicants up to the same date as 884/864 - January 2017 so 173 and 143 applicants up to January 2017 could actually move a little quicker rather than prioritising 864/884 ? 

Yes I understand some post  January 2017 864 applicants may wait longer but it now appears they have had quicker processing in the past  - almost  2 years ahead of 173 and 143  and also had the benefit of living in Australia with their families whilst waiting  

The same criteria is being applied to the non contributory queue as well 804 and 103

Immi appear to be working towards a level playing field for all applications  and as you say, the queue will be fairer for all  

• Like 2