Guest guest36187

9 hours ago, florafilan said:

So far I've had pleasant experience with Centrelink and started to think they might not be as bad as people made them out to be.  Oh my how bloody wrong was I!  Despite lodging the bank guarantee through mygov and calling the next day confirming receipt and being promised it would be processed in due course, a REJECTION letter turned up in the mailbox today!  Called 10 times before I could get in the queue and with another 30 mins waiting, they couldn't get an explanation other than something had gone wrong and it wasn't processed. The service rep was kind to put an escalation to the case and says I would get correspondence in 3 days.  Let's see how it goes.  Also I've lost count on how many times I've changed my communication preference to receive letters online through mygov (so I would be notified about the rejection a week earlier when it was issued).  But it just doesn't work. 

Moral of the story, don't trust centrelink and what they say.  Double or even triple check everything.  Lodge documents both online and in person if you have to and ask for the reference number if you call. 

Oh @florafilan so sorry you've had this experience!  Centrelink, I think, varies from place to place depending on experience of Aos.  Our daughter is on the mid north coast NSW and there are very few people emigrating there at the moment....just people moving up the coast from Sydney to retire!! or join the hippy like communities up on the north coast 😎😎 

On 07/10/2019 at 16:37, JesseyJ said:

Good Morning, our visa has bee granted today. 7th October 19. 

Can anyone please clarify.  It states on the Visa that we must enter Australia before 7th October 2020. But I thought I read something that you must enter before police checks or medical runs out. Much appreciated. 

Hi 

Pretty sure nothing to do with checks or medical . Must enter date is very important 

9 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Our daughter tried to do her Aos online, but it wouldn't accept it so she eventually had to go to Centrelink and submit everything on paper.  They'd never dealt with this before so didn't really know what they were doing (regional NSW!!)

Thanks for this. Wonder if it might be worthwhile going in to local Centrelink to find out if they know much about it. We are going to be regional, south of Perth, so they may have little experience. Seems like calling them is a bit of a nightmare but do you or anyone know if you make an online application can you go to local centrelink to enquire about it?

57 minutes ago, MajHam said:

Thanks for this. Wonder if it might be worthwhile going in to local Centrelink to find out if they know much about it. We are going to be regional, south of Perth, so they may have little experience. Seems like calling them is a bit of a nightmare but do you or anyone know if you make an online application can you go to local centrelink to enquire about it?

Hi,

Our daughter applied online through her MyGov account.  She had to go into the local Centrelink to verify her identity (using passport & driving license) and they ticked the box within her online application to confirm it had been done. It was only after this successful identity check that our daughter was able to submit the application. Around 14 weeks later we went back to the local Centrelink to try to get an update on the application. The staff at Centrelink said that AoS applications were dealt with centrally and they couldn't help us. They advised us just to wait. A few weeks later our daughter received the letter requesting her to lodge the bond money with the Commonwealth Bank - this letter came through her MyGov account. Once we lodged the bond and got confirmation paperwork from the bank our daughter uploaded the confirmation via her MyGov account. To be doubly sure we also went into the local Centrelink office with the bank papers and showed them - there was a person there who recognised the bank papers and knew what to do with them. A week or so later we had our AoS acceptance letter (again, through MyGov).

I hope this makes sense and helps.

David

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MajHam said:

We had to change on assuror and as the initial application was done on paper the new one had to be as well...our new assuror found no problems but then she’s in Canberra!  I would think going in is much more preferable than stressing yourself ringing them!

• Like 1

On 08/10/2019 at 02:38, MajHam said:

Re AOS. Did your daughter do AOS online and attend local centrelink to enquire about the AOS being rejected or did she do a paper application? Just trying to work out whether online or paper application would be better if we run into any processing problems/delays when our time comes.

She did online but it wouldn't submit so had to go to Centrelink with paperwork and sort everything out there!  If the Centrelink knows about Aos it doesn't appear to be a problem, but if they don't you're teaching them!!!

• Like 1

Have tried to get further info re Aos but had this response from Federal MP.  

Mr Conaghan is unable to intervene in any visa applications – there is legislation in place that precludes any MP from doing so.

so we’ll just have to wait..............................................😎😎😎😎😎

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I can just imagine! I’ve been following  your troubles and I know you’re in a very  difficult position due to your jobs and home etc all being tangled up together. All I can say is that surely it must come to an end soon one way or another and that I’m keeping my fingers (and toes !) crossed for you. 🤞🤞

2 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Thanks @LindaH27 ❤️  Luckily the grandchildren don’t understand what’s going on so it’s not affecting them too much...but daughter is stressed out as well! 😎😎

Hi I keep coming in to check on your progress and saddened to see it has not progressed. Hang in there I promise you it’s going to be worth it x

51 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Hi I keep coming in to check on your progress and saddened to see it has not progressed. Hang in there I promise you it’s going to be worth it x

Thanks @Marilyn  it’s the fact we can do nothing to hasten it on...so very very frustrating.! 😎😎  How you doing?

Edited by Rosiejaq

22 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

We’ve been thinking about the fact that we will have different income streams from different countries and wondered if anyone had usedTransferwise’s borderless account or something similar ?  Any opinions would be greatfully reeceived 😎

We use Transferwise borderless accounts and it all works perfectly with good rates of exchange. Also worth getting their debit card and use this with the phone app, it's easy to use and very impressive. To be honest I think we could now use TW accounts exclusively, without the need for any other bank accounts.

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

We use Transferwise borderless accounts and it all works perfectly with good rates of exchange. Also worth getting their debit card and use this with the phone app, it's easy to use and very impressive. To be honest I think we could now use TW accounts exclusively, without the need for any other bank accounts.

Thanks for that..I was wondering whether to get rid of the UK account I have as well! 😎