Guest guest36187

1 minute ago, Rosiejaq said:

Yes....we have both our assurors on hi alert for the message to pay the bond!! 🙂

That reply can come by post, I’ve heard and not always on immi accounts etc.,

It’s the federal member (gov) you have to ask to help you ? Not just the local one?

Edited by Kathss56

56 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

That reply can come by post, I’ve heard and not always on immi accounts etc.,

It’s the federal member (gov) you have to ask to help you ? Not just the local one?

I've heard that too!  One assuror is on her way to the UK at the mo! the other one has a new address which Immi knows about 😩 who knows if they'll get it right...their track record isn't good!!  Our local MP passed our initial request on to the Federal one a few weeks ago...so that's all good!  Thanks xx  🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zacandleo said:

can anyone confirm if the AOS bond for 2 people has risen to $20k now instead of $14k please?

The bond is still $10,000 for the first applicant and $4,000 for the second. The proposed increase that should of come into practice on the 1/04/19 was scraped.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

We're getting close to booking our flights out.  Does anyone know of any discounts/additional baggage allowance that any airline might offer to emigres?  

Was it Singapore Airlines? Think they call it migrant baggage allowance on unactivated visa 

I’m going to be over my allowance just travelling back on my 600 visa so I will send a case via send my bag. 

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

We're getting close to booking our flights out.  Does anyone know of any discounts/additional baggage allowance that any airline might offer to emigres?  

I think both Qantas and Singapore do migration allowances of 40kg but I’m not sure how you claim them...probably booking direct with them I would guess?  Good luck with it...and please let us know as we hopefully will be booking ours soon as well......😎

• Like 2

If and when we hear about our paperwork being picked up what email address is the email sent from. I want to set up an alert to stop me constantly checking my emails.

Anybody who has recently heard could you have a squint at your notification for me....ta muchly,

Bridgie

6 hours ago, bridgie said:

If and when we hear about our paperwork being picked up what email address is the email sent from. I want to set up an alert to stop me constantly checking my emails.

Anybody who has recently heard could you have a squint at your notification for me....ta muchly,

Bridgie

PVCteam1@homeaffairs.gov.au

good luck hope you hear soon. Then you can move to the next waiting room. Shelagh 

• Like 2

Good Morning, our visa has bee granted today. 7th October 19. 

Can anyone please clarify.  It states on the Visa that we must enter Australia before 7th October 2020. But I thought I read something that you must enter before police checks or medical runs out. Much appreciated. 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 10

3 hours ago, Paulie said:

Dears,

Would anyone know if having received Family Tax Benefit could affect eligibility to sponsor/provide AoS  for 143 and or 870 parents visas?

Thanks! 

As far as I am aware it doesn't affect the eligibility but you can't count the amount received into the annual income of the assurer.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

As far as I am aware it doesn't affect the eligibility but you can't count the amount received into the annual income of the assurer.

Yes we found out the hard way as well...you can’t include the amount in your annual income !

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JesseyJ said:

Can anyone please clarify.  It states on the Visa that we must enter Australia before 7th October 2020. But I thought I read something that you must enter before police checks or medical runs out. Much appreciated. 

Can’t answer regarding when you need to arrive but just wanted to say....woohoo! Congratulations on getting your visa grant!

4 hours ago, JesseyJ said:

I think the bit about end dates for police and Medicals etc is only whilst they are processing the visa. Once they have granted the visa and given you a date to enter Australia then you’re all set! If you don’t want to (or are unable to ) move permanently just yet you can go for a visit to validate your visa. Once validated   you have up to five years before you need to move over permanently. . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JesseyJ said:

Congrats! I thought you had to be there before your med and police dates expired, but maybe they’ve changed things?  Good luck with everything...😎😎

• Like 1

Many thanks for your good wishes @MajHam, @Rosiejaq, @LindaH27.

Yes I’ve found that Lina is correct. Thanks you Linda. It’s a year from when the visa is granted. 

@Rosiejaq  I will hope things work out for you soon. There was three days were our AOS was rejected. Our daughter immediately went to centrelink and they were puzzled. As all seemed fine. She insisted they place a note for a return phone call to explain. Which they did on day 3, but could not clarify why the rejection. A day later it was accepted. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Congratulations 2

6 hours ago, JesseyJ said:

Many thanks for your good wishes @MajHam, @Rosiejaq, @LindaH27.

Yes I’ve found that Lina is correct. Thanks you Linda. It’s a year from when the visa is granted. 

@Rosiejaq  I will hope things work out for you soon. There was three days were our AOS was rejected. Our daughter immediately went to centrelink and they were puzzled. As all seemed fine. She insisted they place a note for a return phone call to explain. Which they did on day 3, but could not clarify why the rejection. A day later it was accepted. 

Re AOS. Did your daughter do AOS online and attend local centrelink to enquire about the AOS being rejected or did she do a paper application? Just trying to work out whether online or paper application would be better if we run into any processing problems/delays when our time comes.

So far I've had pleasant experience with Centrelink and started to think they might not be as bad as people made them out to be.  Oh my how bloody wrong was I!  Despite lodging the bank guarantee through mygov and calling the next day confirming receipt and being promised it would be processed in due course, a REJECTION letter turned up in the mailbox today!  Called 10 times before I could get in the queue and with another 30 mins waiting, they couldn't get an explanation other than something had gone wrong and it wasn't processed. The service rep was kind to put an escalation to the case and says I would get correspondence in 3 days.  Let's see how it goes.  Also I've lost count on how many times I've changed my communication preference to receive letters online through mygov (so I would be notified about the rejection a week earlier when it was issued).  But it just doesn't work. 

Moral of the story, don't trust centrelink and what they say.  Double or even triple check everything.  Lodge documents both online and in person if you have to and ask for the reference number if you call. 

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, 5000/1 said:

Congrats Jessyjj

anybody know if you can go on hols to activate 173 visa and do you have a year to activate it ? 

Am still a while away but need to start formulating plans 🙂 

Hi 5000/1,

Yes, you can go on holiday to activate the 173. It says no travel restrictions. My parents got 1 year to activate the visa. The old rule where you should be in  Australia before the police report or Medicals approach 1 year didn’t apply to them.  

14 hours ago, MajHam said:

Re AOS. Did your daughter do AOS online and attend local centrelink to enquire about the AOS being rejected or did she do a paper application? Just trying to work out whether online or paper application would be better if we run into any processing problems/delays when our time comes.

Our daughter tried to do her Aos online, but it wouldn't accept it so she eventually had to go to Centrelink and submit everything on paper.  They'd never dealt with this before so didn't really know what they were doing (regional NSW!!)