Guest guest36187

Thanks Linda.  Bank cheque has been requested so it should be alright.  Just don't like the feeling of leaving things to the last minute.

It was a physical letter.  It turns out that my mygov centrelink communication preference was set to receive communications by post either by default or I changed it myself but I don't recall...   The interviewer did say that if you have a mygov account linked to centrelink the letter would go to mygov inbox.  I would double check the settings on mygov and keep an eye on the mailbox too.  

10 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Does any one know that if we open a ING account online whether we have to do anything once we’re in Oz to verify it, and also if we open it online in the UK will it be an Aussie account or UK one?  TIA

Make sure you are on ing.com.au, which is the Australian branch. You will need an Australian address

Just a heads up about sending unaccompanied baggage.  Doree Bonner were very helpful and I thought quite reasonable (£206) for a 30kg suitcase.  Some of the shipping/moving companies are very expensive for a single item.

Then, I decided just to travel with the barest minimum and send a parcel via Fedex Express  (through Parcel2Go - same price at Interparcel).  £74.00 for 20kgs - but it must be a cardboard box - not a suitcase.  I thought that was very reasonable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 05/09/2019 at 08:47, gagan1991 said:

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this page. It's so good to see timelines and update from people on 143 visa. As you can't find this information anywhere else. 

I have applied for my Father's 143 visa on 02/06/2016. So just wondering if anyone has any rough idea when I will be hearing something from the Department regarding request of documents or for AOS. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi 

2CDA6787-D214-4C0A-B8F3-0DB3FAF6BD7D.png

On 12/09/2019 at 20:53, Sadge said:

One Way travel insurance anyone?

I've just spent the most frustrating 3 hours on the phone/internet trying to find insurance cover for my upcoming journey.

Virtually no company seems to offer one-way, and if they do the age limit appears to be 65.  Mention medical condition s and they can't get rid of you quickly enough.

If anybody had recently arranged cover I'd be very pleased to get recommendations.

TIA

We spent ages on the phone to various companies to get cover for my parents' one way trip. It seems the insurance companies have no interest in risk at all! Gave up in the end and just took a chance.

• Like 1

Has anyone else compared the price of one way tickets to return tickets.  I did this a few weeks back on the Emirates website and the return flight was actually cheaper than a one way ticket.  I found the same with British Airways many years ago when returning from South Africa to the UK, I just threw away the return ticket.  Obvoisly too late if for those who have already booked flights but could also be worth looking at for the insurance cover problem!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Biggsy said:

Has anyone else compared the price of one way tickets to return tickets.  I did this a few weeks back on the Emirates website and the return flight was actually cheaper than a one way ticket.  I found the same with British Airways many years ago when returning from South Africa to the UK, I just threw away the return ticket.  Obvoisly too late if for those who have already booked flights but could also be worth looking at for the insurance cover problem!

Yes like you I was surprised to find it cheaper to have a return ticket. Good bit of info. 

On 06/09/2019 at 10:56, rajk said:

Hi All , any idea how long it will take for 2nd vac request 

I dont know how to add signature 

Applied 143 3/0ct/2015

Request for further documents 22/7/2019

Medical , form 80 and Aos done with approval 29/8/2019

Now waiting for 2nd VAC request 

Have you paid your Aos yet?

On 19/09/2019 at 06:36, Sadge said:

Just a heads up about sending unaccompanied baggage.  Doree Bonner were very helpful and I thought quite reasonable (£206) for a 30kg suitcase.  Some of the shipping/moving companies are very expensive for a single item.

Then, I decided just to travel with the barest minimum and send a parcel via Fedex Express  (through Parcel2Go - same price at Interparcel).  £74.00 for 20kgs - but it must be a cardboard box - not a suitcase.  I thought that was very reasonable.

How long will the box take to arrive in Oz please?

10 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

We’re on tenterhooks waiting to be asked for Aos payment!  Does anyone have any up to date timescale for this?  Will it be a few weeks or a few months.....🥴

My interviewer said the invitation would be sent the following week and it was sent on the following Monday.  From then you have 14 days to get the bank guarantee.  It won't be weeks or months.  Keep an close eye on it.  

14 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Best place for news on this is the other forum on 173 and 143 timelines. 

As  I guessed,  there has been a general slowdown after that flurry a month or so ago. I doubt it will move much till next year now. 

It makes sense that there has been little movement as they (although I sometimes wonder if it’s actually he/she 😂) must be dealing with all the paperwork from Oct -Dec 2015 applications (approx 2000).......but I’m wondering why you think there won’t be anything until next year?? Pretty depressing thought 🙁

Hi.
We applied and were accepted for our subclass 600 for my wife.
Can you possibly let me know if normal full year travel insurance with "Staysure Travel insurance" will be sufficient medical cover or does she require full medical insurance.

Also i ticked the box for the additional year on the visa application and supplied the required evidence but her acceptance document does not seem to refer to it. is this normal?

Dan

Hi.
We applied and were accepted for our subclass 600 for my wife.
Can you possibly let me know if normal full year travel insurance with "Staysure Travel insurance" will be sufficient medical cover or does she require full medical insurance.

Also i ticked the box for the additional year on the visa application and supplied the required evidence but her acceptance document does not seem to refer to it. is this normal?

Dan

Hi Dan,

If the subclass 600 visa comes with an 8501 condition (maintain adequate health insurance) I have my doubts that a travel insurance will meet the requirements. I could be wrong but it’s certainly worth checking.

We used Allianz Overseas Visitor Cover. There will be others if you do a search.

In saying this, when we entered Australia on our 600 visa, fully armed with all the paperwork to prove we had medical insurance, we were never asked to show it. Having the benefit of this hindsight I would still take out the right medical insurance. It’s not worth the risk.

Your wife may be eligible for a reciprocal Medicare card. This is another thing worth checking. Even the reciprocal card give you good cover.

Good luck!

David
  • Like 3