Guest guest36187

9 hours ago, Linda Brown said:

Thanks Bridgie for your suggestion, it's difficult to think of every single charge when you've never done things like this before. Thanks for the advice.

Shipping is always a bit of an unknown as the removalists themselves can never be sure how much will be payable in port and customs duties when the goods arrive in Australia.   Some will give you an estimate, some won't. Some will be naughty and not even tell you there will be extra charges - so if you don't see anything in the small print about extra charges on arrival, ask them, because it's probably not included in the price they've quoted.  

Also check whether the shipping is quoted including delivery to your home or just to the port or just to their warehouse.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Bridgie for your suggestion, it's difficult to think of every single charge when you've never done things like this before. Thanks for the advice.

We used Seven Seas to move our belongings (in a large MoveCube) and they were totally up front with us on the costs from door to door.

1 hour ago, David Leask said:

We used Seven Seas to move our belongings (in a large MoveCube) and they were totally up front with us on the costs from door to door.

We used them to ship some boxes and they were upfront then too, but there was a note in the small print that the duties component was just an estimate and they would pass the cost on if it was more. As it turned out, there was no extra to pay

We used them to ship some boxes and they were upfront then too, but there was a note in the small print that the duties component was just an estimate and they would pass the cost on if it was more. As it turned out, there was no extra to pay

It was the same for us - an estimate of the Australian end costs which turned out to be quite accurate. We were happy with what we got from Seven Seas and would recommend them [emoji4]
  • Like 1

Hi All
When do I need to lodge the bond/security/term deposit for AOS application with the bank?  Do I wait for a notification from Centrelink or should I do it asap as the AOS has been lodged?
Thanks. 

Centrelink will tell you when to lodge the bond money. You should wait for them to get in touch. For us it was around 15 weeks after application.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, David Leask said:

Centrelink will tell you when to lodge the bond money. You should wait for them to get in touch. For us it was around 15 weeks after application.

Hi,

My SIL has today received a message, regarding the AOS Bond.    Does this bode well for the Visa being granted in the near future???

49 minutes ago, michaleasmum said:

Hi,

My SIL has today received a message, regarding the AOS Bond.    Does this bode well for the Visa being granted in the near future???

Hi,

Receiving the message from Centrelink is good news and it indicates that your sponsor meets the income requirements. The next step is to lodge the Bond in the Commonwealth Bank and show evidence of this to Centrelink and hopefully your AoS Acceptance will follow.  In our case we lodged the Bond on 16 April, received AoS acceptance on 23 April (which we immediately sent to Immi), 2nd VAC request came on 2 May, paid on 5 May and visas granted on 6 May.  I hope the process is as quick for you.  Good luck!

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Hi, what items attract duties?  Is there somewhere that lists all this at all?  Thanks 🙂

4 hours ago, Ammy143 said:

hello everyone 

is there anyone who applied cpv 173/143 

for a separated parents & having dependant child 

I can’t imagine it would be any different as it’s them that apply not you. Best to get professional advice though from a migrant agent as I’m not sure, just can’t see it would be any different although you sponsoring both way be an issue. If they happen to be in other relationships then they need to make sure they still pass the balance of family test as step children are included in child count. One of them would need to include the dependent child in their application.  How old is the child?  Worth noting that applications lodged now are likely to take a minimum of six years, quite possibly more and the child will need to be dependent when the visa is granted not when they apply. 

Edited by Tulip1

Hi, what items attract duties?  Is there somewhere that lists all this at all?  Thanks [emoji846]

Anything less than 12 months old has the potential to attract import duties/tax. I think there are limits on alcohol and tobacco. Importing plants or seeds is difficult/impossible. We were required to identify anything wooden - probably from the point of view of termites rather than duty/tax. Seven Seas provided good information about what you can and can’t take with you and I’m sure other companies will do the same. Short of googling the topic and searching through the numerous hits or contacting a removal company I’m not sure where you would get the information.

12 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I can’t imagine it would be any different as it’s them that apply not you. Best to get professional advice though from a migrant agent as I’m not sure, just can’t see it would be any different although you sponsoring both way be an issue. If they happen to be in other relationships then they need to make sure they still pass the balance of family test as step children are included in child count. One of them would need to include the dependent child in their application.  How old is the child?  Worth noting that applications lodged now are likely to take a minimum of six years, quite possibly more and the child will need to be dependent when the visa is granted not when they apply. 

well, im dependant child on my mother age 25. we applied cpv 173 

check signature, all they have asked evidances from separated partner, that wht i want to make sure

Finally, Visa Granted. Received the 2nd Vac request yesterday, And at around 3PM Perth time today we received the grant notification.... SOOOOO HAPPY😀......

The other  173s got their Visas granted much earlier but we had a bit of an issue : End of July we were contacted by Immi , since our CO decided to go that extra mile and request Police checks again; this time  from Birth . This  took another 3 weeks. 

Anyway, at last after such a long  wait , I can finally have my parents to stay forever. 

Good luck to all of you  for speedy Visa Grants. 

• Congratulations 13

17 minutes ago, Bear2015 said:

Finally, Visa Granted. Received the 2nd Vac request yesterday, And at around 3PM Perth time today we received the grant notification.... SOOOOO HAPPY😀......

Congratulations Bear2015, good to see you’ve finally made it. Best wishes for you and your family.  

12 hours ago, David Leask said:

Anything less than 12 months old has the potential to attract import duties/tax. I think there are limits on alcohol and tobacco. Importing plants or seeds is difficult/impossible. We were required to identify anything wooden - probably from the point of view of termites rather than duty/tax. Seven Seas provided good information about what you can and can’t take with you and I’m sure other companies will do the same. Short of googling the topic and searching through the numerous hits or contacting a removal company I’m not sure where you would get the information.

Thanks David.  We don’t have a houseful to move, just personal effects a keyboard and a table..as far as I can remember. So hopefully won’t be anything too much.  Have a teddy bear I want to take which has recently been restored so should be ok and hubby has fishing rods.....

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bear2015 said:

The other  173s got their Visas granted much earlier but we had a bit of an issue : End of July we were contacted by Immi , since our CO decided to go that extra mile and request Police checks again; this time  from Birth . This  took another 3 weeks. 

Anyway, at last after such a long  wait , I can finally have my parents to stay forever. 

Good luck to all of you  for speedy Visa Grants. 

I am so so happy for you - we have done this long and stressful journey together so it is great to see your parents have finally got their grants. Many congratulations and see you for 143 applications ...ugh

• Like 1