Guest guest36187

Hi Jellybean T, we sent our police checks through as they were,  never asked for my maiden name. We'll have to see how it goes. 

Where did you go for your medical and did they give you any clue how it had gone?

Well done getting everything done so quickly, relax now with a nice cold beer, ready for the next step of actually moving there, which from Spain probably won't be straightforward. 

Edited by Linda Brown

1 hour ago, Rosiejaq said:

I seem to remember that you just listed all the names you had been known under so I listed maiden name variant, first married name variant and then change  to maiden name including change of first names through deed poll...no problem   They give you the chance to add quite a few I think

Thank Rosiejaq for the info but we don’t have those options on a Spanish form. If it comes back I will apply again but post it to Madrid with a covering letter requesting my maiden name be added.

19 minutes ago, Linda Brown said:

Hi Jellybean T, we sent our police checks through as they were,  never asked for my maiden name. We'll have to see how it goes. 

Where did you go for your medical and did they give you any clue how it had gone?

Well done getting everything done so quickly, relax now with a nice cold beer, ready for the next step of actually moving there, which from Spain probably won't be straightforward. 

I’ve messaged you Linda. But for anyone else Millennium Costa Rica Madrid. Excellent hospital and doctor. They can’t tell you if you’ve passed but she did say if they found a problem she would phone and let me know.€189 each

3 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

Thank Rosiejaq for the info but we don’t have those options on a Spanish form. If it comes back I will apply again but post it to Madrid with a covering letter requesting my maiden name be added.

That’s ok ..sorry can’t help with Spanish forms ..have only had to pay fine for my husband using more than 2 fishing rods and that was a drama in itself!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hello Michael,

I’m afraid my advice to you is to ignore this estimated completion date. We were given a similarly early date and our AoS took 4 months from Dec 18 to Apr 19. At one stage, a few weeks after the estimated date, we went into Centrelink and asked for an update showing them their estimated date. They told us that this was a standard response and that we should not take the date too seriously and to just be patient.

Sorry ........ emoji30.png

Good luck
David

We applied for Aos in March 2019 and are still waiting ...due to errors in Centrelink and Aos office.  We were then given a deadline to submit everything by 25 August....just waiting...waiting...waiting...😩😎

• Sad 2

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/family-visa-processing-priorities/parent-visas-queue-release-dates

We don't provide processing times for Contributory Parent, Parent, Contributory Aged Parent and Aged Parent visa applications. Applications for these visas are subject to capping and queueing.

""However, based on current planning levels, we estimate new Contributory Parent visa applications lodged that meet the criteria to be queued are likely to take approximately at least 50 months to be released for final processing. ""

When they say new applications are they talking about applications that will be lodged or that are already in que? Also every month they increasing one month. Last month was 49 months and previous month was 48 months. How can you win a race? When every time you reach a finish line it gets further extended.

• Sad 1

I think they are saying applications lodged today are estimated to take 50 months before they reach the top of the pile to start the next process of verifying documents etc. they can’t give you a time for completion  as everyone’s case is different and some will take longer to verify than others. If you look back at previous pages you will be able to see how accurate or not they have been with there assessment dates in the passed. You will also be able to look at time lines of a lot of the applicants giving you more information as to how long ASO took to be granted. It’s a waiting game with no crystal ball. Passed pages also give you a lot of information about moving firms, insurances, flights, some info on what to do when you arrive, bus passes, clubs to join etc. A lot of people only read the current posts and miss out on all the information that is available on the hundreds of pages before. Enjoy the read. Regards Shelagh 

Edited by Jellybean T
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

I think they are saying applications lodged today are estimated to take 50 months before they reach the top of the pile to start the next process of verifying documents etc. they can’t give you a time for completion  as everyone’s case is different and some will take longer to verify than others. If you look back at previous pages you will be able to see how accurate or not they have been with there assessment dates in the passed. You will also be able to look at time lines of a lot of the applicants giving you more information as to how long ASO took to be granted. It’s a waiting game with no crystal ball. Passed pages also give you a lot of information about moving firms, insurances, flights, some info on what to do when you arrive, bus passes, clubs to join etc. A lot of people only read the current posts and miss out on all the information that is available on the hundreds of pages before. Enjoy the read. Regards Shelagh 

That’s why it’s so important for people to put their timelines on! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sadge said:

Some seem so resistant to doing so, but then keep asking questions about other people's timelines!

Yes. The parent visa application thread 143 was set up as people were getting annoyed on the main thread by other people asking for updates but not putting  their own timelines on even after being requested to do so. Perhaps people should just not answer those queries or respond to posts that seem designed to  stir things up - I’ve seen too many forums have problems with trolls and hope we never get one on here. 

And congratulations @Sadge!! Having just seen on your  timeline you’ve finally  got it all sorted! Enjoy your new life but pop back now and again if you learn any pearls of wisdom for the rest of us still waiting 😁

• Like 4

On 21/08/2019 at 13:17, Jellybean T said:

I'll just have to submit mine without it and hope for the best as there is no where on the paper application or the electronic application to put a maiden name.

Don't know about the electronic one, but the paper one certainly has a section for "Other names you have used"

Hi,

You won’t have a problem with your Spanish police certificate because the Spanish women don’t take their husbands surname on official documents and their children use both their mother and fathers surnames combined.....confused...I was even though I had it explained to me several times by Spanish friends.

The only reason it’s mentioned here is because the Australian police certificate application asks “ Have you ever been known by another name”.

HTH

• Thanks 1

Thanks  Bridgie, I will email when I receive the translation and if it comes back, I’ll apply on the paper application and send to Madrid. It might take a bit longer for the visa but we can’t go until all the dogs paperwork is completed anyway, which takes 6 months. Daughter in law and granddaughters are visiting for the 3 kings anyway.  Shelagh 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

And congratulations @Sadge!! Having just seen on your  timeline you’ve finally  got it all sorted! Enjoy your new life but pop back now and again if you learn any pearls of wisdom for the rest of us still waiting 😁

Thanks Linda - it's been a long journey and that's for sure.  I had no grey hairs and very few wrinkles when I applied for my visa, but I have a few more of both now!  

I hope everybody still in the waiting room moves along the bench and reaches the door to their new life asap.😁

I'm currently researching one way travel insurance - what a faff it all is trying to answer the endless questions when you don't 'quite' fit the choices available!  If anybody has any recommendations of companies that they've used I'd be pleased to hear from you.

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 1

Thanks  Bridgie, I will email when I receive the translation and if it comes back, I’ll apply on the paper application and send to Madrid. It might take a bit longer for the visa but we can’t go until all the dogs paperwork is completed anyway, which takes 6 months. Daughter in law and granddaughters are visiting for the 3 kings anyway.  Shelagh 

Three Kings was always magical and now of course you’re in the middle of the Moors and Christians season. We had a councillor at our local town hall solely in charge of fireworks [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3].

Our daughter lived with us in Spain for a while until she went travelling to Oz. Ended up marrying an Aussie and I had to apply on her behalf for the police certificate for her visa. There was no problem with maiden names etc; when she applied for her partner visa.

I know it’s a bit early but Feliz Navidad[emoji3][emoji3]
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sadge said:

Thanks Linda - it's been a long journey and that's for sure.  I had no grey hairs and very few wrinkles when I applied for my visa, but I have a few more of both now!  

I hope everybody still in the waiting room moves along the bench and reaches the door to their new life asap.😁

I'm currently researching one way travel insurance - what a faff it all is trying to answer the endless questions when you don't 'quite' fit the choices available!  If anybody has any recommendations of companies that they've used I'd be pleased to hear from you.

I used World Nomads for one way back to UK in June - Irish company,I just rang the number, was quoted over the phone then confirmed everything via an email which I had to submit back to confirm policy was in order. The guy was very helpful. I will use them again to go back to Oz in Dec.

Edited by Kathss56
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Sadge said:

Congrats Sadge ..can feel for you as we’re still waiting for Aos...6 months now...hopefully we won’t be far behind you.  All the best 😎😎😎

• Like 1

Very nearly the best thing, although it was perhaps more an anti-climax after the long wait to sell the house!  Nobody can actually believe I'm going after they've been hearing about me going to live in Australia for years.  A bit like a long pregnancy "my goodness, you still here?!"😂

Congratulations to you too, and have a safe journey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Making progress. Medical done and I was told there and then that all was ok. It was done at BUPA in Brisbane which obviously has the contract  and they have  dedicated premises for  immigration medicals.  It was all very streamlined and took just an hour from walking in the door to leaving.  It was actually more thorough than I had expected, though no touching toes as was a previous poster’s experience.  At least I felt as though I got my money’s worth and it was a good all round check over.

Police checks all underway, all done on line. I need 3 and the UK one was the longest to complete and takes the longest to process - 10 working days to process and then they have to post it to me so it will be at least a month’s delay.  Surprisingly the French police check was the easiest to complete and I had the response back by secure electronic link in 24 hours.  I take back every criticism I ever made about the French making even simple things complicated.  And, surprisingly, it was free of charge!  Bravo la France!  Even the translation was easily handled.  The immi site had a link to approved translators and it  was done in less than 24 hours. 

So,  the hurdles are being jumped one by one ....  As always it’s so great to have this site and the support of fellow applicants.   Well done to Sadge for finally being ready to make the move and to all the others who have finally got there.  And, good luck to all the others like me who finally feel they are  getting somewhere.  Last but not least I wish patience and fortitude to all those others sitting in the waiting room and viewing the long, long wait in front of them.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AMP said:

Making progress. Medical done and I was told there and then that all was ok. It was done at BUPA in Brisbane which obviously has the contract  and they have  dedicated premises for  immigration medicals.  It was all very streamlined and took just an hour from walking in the door to leaving.  It was actually more thorough than I had expected, though no touching toes as was a previous poster’s experience.  At least I felt as though I got my money’s worth and it was a good all round check over.

Police checks all underway, all done on line. I need 3 and the UK one was the longest to complete and takes the longest to process - 10 working days to process and then they have to post it to me so it will be at least a month’s delay.  Surprisingly the French police check was the easiest to complete and I had the response back by secure electronic link in 24 hours.  I take back every criticism I ever made about the French making even simple things complicated.  And, surprisingly, it was free of charge!  Bravo la France!  Even the translation was easily handled.  The immi site had a link to approved translators and it  was done in less than 24 hours. 

So,  the hurdles are being jumped one by one ....  As always it’s so great to have this site and the support of fellow applicants.   Well done to Sadge for finally being ready to make the move and to all the others who have finally got there.  And, good luck to all the others like me who finally feel they are  getting somewhere.  Last but not least I wish patience and fortitude to all those others sitting in the waiting room and viewing the long, long wait in front of them.

Like you we found the medical at Brisbane BUPA very professional and efficient and also not asked to touch our toes.

Also our UK police check didn’t take as long to arrive as suggested, so I hope it’s the same for you.

All the best, You are almost there!

• Like 1

Replying to AMP I agree with you that this forum has been such a help in the long wait for request of docs. Like you, I was surprised that other European countries in our case Spain, came up with the police checks very quickly and cheaply, we are still ,like you,waiting for the UK one.

We go for our medicals next week, and hopefully after that we will just wait for the outcome. We are lucky, although we've waited nearly four years. For those still waiting keep looking at the forum, it's so helpful and makes you realise you're not on your own.

If the medical goes ok then the next step is looking for a removers from Spain to Australia, anyone able to recommend a company?

Here's hoping they start the requests for 2016 soon.

• Like 2

Replying to AMP I agree with you that this forum has been such a help in the long wait for request of docs. Like you, I was surprised that other European countries in our case Spain, came up with the police checks very quickly and cheaply, we are still ,like you,waiting for the UK one.
We go for our medicals next week, and hopefully after that we will just wait for the outcome. We are lucky, although we've waited nearly four years. For those still waiting keep looking at the forum, it's so helpful and makes you realise you're not on your own.
If the medical goes ok then the next step is looking for a removers from Spain to Australia, anyone able to recommend a company?
Here's hoping they start the requests for 2016 soon.

Hi Linda,

We used Movecorp and were very pleased with the service. They picked up from Alicante region and our goods were shipped from Southampton. They wouldn’t ship unless you had a visa.

From memory the only issue we had was the cubic metres we were given a quote on and then the price adjustment when the goods arrived in the yard. Fortunately I had taken photos of all the goods on a pallet and so they couldn’t really argue.

I naively thought our goods would go from Southampton straight to Melbourne docks. However I was able to track everything as it zigzagged it’s way down to Oz. The goods were all covered until they left customs and then we were informed we would have to pay to have them delivered locally ( we were naive again and didn’t ask before).

Communication between us and head office was excellent.
  • Thanks 1