Guest guest36187

3 minutes ago, Karen Ngo said:

Hi All, any of you who completed AoS could help me clarify this requirement: I intend to lodge AoS online. However I read this on centrelink website:

How to submit your documents

To confirm your identity, you’ll need to give us your original identity documents. You can do this at either:

We must confirm your identity before you can make a claim.

Once we verify your photo identity, you can give us the other identity documents online

This means I will have to go to a centrelink office to verify my photo identity first, then continue next steps online, that I could not start verifying identity online. Or this is for other service required not for AoS? Is my understanding correct? Thank you.

My son and daughter in law both went into centrelink to have their identity verified first and then submitted the form. Hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 05/08/2019 at 04:44, karu1 said:

J410 

03/08/2015 - Acknowledgement 
27/02/2019 - Additional information requested
08/07/2019 - Aos application submitted
19/07/2019 - AoS accepted
01/08/2019 - Request for  VAC2 payment
01/08/2019 - VAC2 paid via Bpay same day
...eagerly waiting for the next update

02/08/2019 - Visa granted

04/08/2019 - One way ticket to Australia oi oi oi!!

Big congrats!  Hopefully we’re not far behind you!  🎉🎉😎😎

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

12 hours ago, LBee said:

I would have thought if they ask for the last ten years - it means the last ten years - if they were wanting from date of application they would have asked for that. Have you been asked for this information as I note your lodgement date is Feb 16.

Hi, CO has not yet asked but expecting it within 2 months now. Since I want to apply PCC for atleast 6 countries now in advance of 2 months, I would like to know for which period should I apply. 2009 to 2019 ?  OR 2006 to 2016?

1 minute ago, Greece said:

Hi, CO has not yet asked but expecting it within 2 months now. Since I want to apply PCC for atleast 6 countries now in advance of 2 months, I would like to know for which period should I apply. 2009 to 2019 ?  OR 2006 to 2016?

I’m pretty sure it would be 2009-2019

Shipping Query!

Getting all geared up to book my Movecube, boxes stacked in garage - and now I'm getting a bit worried.  Will it all fit in a large Movecube?  What if it all weighs more than the allowed weight when they get it back to the depot?  I would have thought they should have the means to weigh the cube in the trailer, but they say not.  

So, I'm looking at alternatives "just in case" and wondering about a shared container.  Has anybody used one?  How does the cost compare with a Movecube?  The wait for delivery is not a concern as I shall be staying with my daughter for the foreseeable future, and in fact it would be an advantage in a way for my goods to take longer as less time to pay for storage.  Are all the boxes just put in loose or are they packed in crates?

I'd welcome comments from anybody who has experienced (a) my concerns and (b) used a shared container versus a Movecube.  I do think with a bit of careful loading and an expert to help, my stuff should just about squash in a large Cube so that's the sort of volume, but no idea of weight.

TIA.

21 minutes ago, Sadge said:

Shipping Query!

Getting all geared up to book my Movecube, boxes stacked in garage - and now I'm getting a bit worried.  Will it all fit in a large Movecube?  What if it all weighs more than the allowed weight when they get it back to the depot?  I would have thought they should have the means to weigh the cube in the trailer, but they say not.  

So, I'm looking at alternatives "just in case" and wondering about a shared container.  Has anybody used one?  How does the cost compare with a Movecube?  The wait for delivery is not a concern as I shall be staying with my daughter for the foreseeable future, and in fact it would be an advantage in a way for my goods to take longer as less time to pay for storage.  Are all the boxes just put in loose or are they packed in crates?

I'd welcome comments from anybody who has experienced (a) my concerns and (b) used a shared container versus a Movecube.  I do think with a bit of careful loading and an expert to help, my stuff should just about squash in a large Cube so that's the sort of volume, but no idea of weight.

TIA.

Hi I'm getting a shared container with john Mason from liverpool, I had a visit for one staff to give me all info regarding packing and what's allowed and what isn't. 

Very informative and low cost,   400 CF for under £2000 and  they re pack everything. 

Worth getting a quote 

Good luck 

Clare 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, CEJ said:

Hi I'm getting a shared container with john Mason from liverpool, I had a visit for one staff to give me all info regarding packing and what's allowed and what isn't. 

Very informative and low cost,   400 CF for under £2000 and  they re pack everything. 

Worth getting a quote 

Good luck 

Clare 

Can you give me an idea of how big 400 cubic foot is. Ie are you taking any beds furniture etc?

400 cf  (around 11 cubic metres,) is much larger than a Large Movecube 6.2 cubic metres.  Probably works out around the same as having 2 Large Movecubes.

I think I'll get a quote as Clare suggests, but I've done all my packing, so won't need that service.

Clare - do they put all your things in their own crate? 

1 hour ago, Sadge said:

That's an important question to ask. If you are quoted for a shared container, it often means your goods are not in a separate, sealed crate - they're just in the container with other people's stuff.   The good removalists are careful to identify everything but inevitably, it increases the risk of things going missing, or getting damaged.  Some removalists do offer a service where your goods are in a separate crate, so make sure you ask.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sadge said:

400 cf  (around 11 cubic metres,) is much larger than a Large Movecube 6.2 cubic metres.  Probably works out around the same as having 2 Large Movecubes.

I think I'll get a quote as Clare suggests, but I've done all my packing, so won't need that service.

I have packed into boxes, lots of them but they do it all  into their own packing boxes so they can do a list and make sure they are shipping contents that is allowed, and also for insurance purposes. ( I have a company also that's very reasonable for insurance) 

I was using vacuum bags for clothes but it's a no no, they will sweat and cause mould. 

What do you mean a crate ? 

40 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

That's an important question to ask. If you are quoted for a shared container, it often means your goods are not in a separate, sealed crate - they're just in the container with other people's stuff.   The good removalists are careful to identify everything but inevitably, it increases the risk of things going missing, or getting damaged.  Some removalists do offer a service where your goods are in a separate crate, so make sure you ask.

Give them a ring tomorrow and look on the website. All wrapped and labelled and fully itemized. 

1 minute ago, CEJ said:

I have packed into boxes, lots of them but they do it all  into their own packing boxes so they can do a list and make sure they are shipping contents that is allowed, and also for insurance purposes. ( I have a company also that's very reasonable for insurance) 

I was using vacuum bags for clothes but it's a no no, they will sweat and cause mould. 

What do you mean a crate ? 

Well, will they put all your small boxes into one large wooden (?) box and then pack, say, half a dozen of those large wooden boxes into the container. 

When I came back to UK many, many years ago somebody else organised my things to come back and when they arrived they were all in one large wooden crate, which wouldn't have used up a whole container.  Just wondered if your company does that.  My things are all packed up into cardboard boxes all ready to go into either a crate to join other crates in a container, or into a Movecube (which will also join other Movecubes in a container).    

8 hours ago, CEJ said:

Give them a ring tomorrow and look on the website. All wrapped and labelled and fully itemized. 

Yes, that's right, all wrapped and labelled and fully itemized in cardboard boxes.  All removalists do that.   Some will insist on repacking everything themselves in their own boxes, some won't.

Sadge's question was, what happens to the boxes next?  Do they just get loaded into the container as they are, or do they go into a big plywood crate so they can't get mixed up with everyone else's stuff?  Usually they just get loaded as they are, and although they are all labelled, imagine a huge container packed with boxes, identical except for the labels, and ask yourself what are the chances one or two will get mixed up at delivery time. 

Also, of course, everything has to be emptied out on arrival and the boxes loaded onto separate trucks for delivery to their respective households, (either that, or the container gets driven around to all the different households, unloading as they go) which means extra handling which means extra risk of things getting dropped/mishandled.

It really depends how valuable your stuff is.  For the average person, all that is an acceptable risk and most people wouldn't want to pay the extra cost of having a sealed crate. 

Edited by Marisawright

8 hours ago, Sadge said:

My things are all packed up into cardboard boxes all ready to go into either a crate to join other crates in a container, or into a Movecube (which will also join other Movecubes in a container).    

Many of the big removalist companies will insist on unpacking all your boxes and repacking everything themselves.  The idea is that they have to certify there's nothing illegal in the container, so their staff have to see every item.  Other companies are not so fussy.   So that's another question to ask on the phone before you decide whether to ask them for a quote. 

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Many of the big removalist companies will insist on unpacking all your boxes and repacking everything themselves.  The idea is that they have to certify there's nothing illegal in the container, so their staff have to see every item.  Other companies are not so fussy.   So that's another question to ask on the phone before you decide whether to ask them for a quote. 

You both seem to have this topic covered. Good luck with your move 

18 hours ago, Sadge said:

Getting all geared up to book my Movecube, boxes stacked in garage - and now I'm getting a bit worried.  Will it all fit in a large Movecube?  What if it all weighs more than the allowed weight when they get it back to the depot? 

There's only one way to find out - measure it.   

Most people find a corner mark out the dimensions of the Movecube on the floor, and wall with tape. Then stack the boxes inside the outline. I know it sounds like a lot of work when you've already got the boxes piled up in the garage, but it really is the only way.    You can't afford to take delivery of the Movecube, try and pack it, then find half the stuff doesn't fit.  You can't say, "Sorry I made a mistake, please take it away and don't charge me" - they will charge you a large chunk of the quoted fee.  Check your quote or ring them up to ask how much it would be. 

If you have a huge collection of books, then you may go over the weight. Otherwise, it's very unlikely.  

• Like 1

On 10/08/2019 at 04:02, vicky bajwa said:

Hii to all members

Dear any idea how much they are taking time to visa grant after submitting 2nd VAC.?

I have paid on 7 August 2019 by bpay. Since then nothing from IMmi. Any idea please?

Hi my daughter paid via BPAY at 11:00 and by 15:00 that same day the email with the grant was sent to me 

11 hours ago, Danny2729 said:

Hi All,

quick question for those on a Subclass 600 eg 2 x 12 month stay over a 3 year period. Looking at what insurance to use. do you go for single trip or backpackers insurance and what seems to be the best company to use?

Dan

Hi Dan,

I have been using Bupa standard visitors cover for the last 5 years or so for my mum on 600 visa. The best thing I find with them is that you can suspend your policy for 6 months when the policy owner is not in Australia. Thus they don't loose any time for waiting medical queues and you don't pay for 6 months. In terms of policy it gives you the same benefits as on Medicare but in case of charges that are not charged as the MBS and charged as non-medicare patient Bupa only reimburses the medicare component which is quite a lot sometimes. Otherwise they are were very helpful and the turnaround time for any claims is very quick.

Cheers

Anks

15 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Hi my daughter paid via BPAY at 11:00 and by 15:00 that same day the email with the grant was sent to me 

Hi Marilyn, Can you please write your complete Timeline in signature for all viewers to understanding processing time plz?

56 minutes ago, Greece said:

Hi Marilyn, Can you please write your complete Timeline in signature for all viewers to understanding processing time plz?

She has her timeline in her signature.  Also we are trying to keep timeline related posts out of this thread please. Cheers