Guest guest36187

36 minutes ago, Danny2729 said:

Hi All,

I'm a little concerned.. I keep seeing that people had a medical check for their 600.. we applied for my wife and it was submitted. there has been no mention of any medical's?
Dan

There’re 2 type of 600: tourist visa which normally allows 3months stay is not required medical check,  and sponsored family visitor visa which allows up to 12 months stay is required medical check. 

Hope it helps! 

48 minutes ago, ielectric said:

i don't think so,i did AoS after receiving the email requesting docs. And I belive the medical check is valid for one year. np

Thanks for information. We are expecting CO email within 2 months now in Oct-19. Since we have done medical test in Apr-19, CO will not request medical test? or Co will request medical test and we have to provide medical test proof?  If CO ask us to do Medical test, what documents can we submit to CO that medical test was done in April-19 for SC 600 visa? as  hospital do not give us a copy of medical test report after medical test. Request to share your experience please.

1 minute ago, ielectric said:

In my case, CO will request medical tests in the email, but show some items as completed(which they have record we have valid medical check last year) and we still need to do one extra which is not included in previous medical check

Ok. I understand now. Thanks a lot for vital information.

37 minutes ago, Doris said:

There’re 2 type of 600: tourist visa which normally allows 3months stay is not required medical check,  and sponsored family visitor visa which allows up to 12 months stay is required medical check. 

Hope it helps! 

My wife is on the 12 Month (12 months in country, out for 6 then back in for another 12 months)

which has already been granted without any medical?

8 hours ago, Doris said:

Hope it helps! 

There are two types of longer stay 600 visa, one being a visitor one and one being sponsored family.  I went for just the visitor one.  It was totally straight forward and I didn’t have to have any medical.

19 hours ago, theballies said:

Police clearance certificate questions: 

Is this required for the last 5 or 10 years?

If my parents have been in and out of Australia over the last 3 years on a visitors visa (subclass 600), do they need Australian PCC?  Or would they only need Aus PCC if they were here for 12 consecutive months in any 1 visit?  

BFB1C89E-9C47-4EC9-A0A0-37FD0B692DEA.thumb.jpeg.33a3a54c51a51d241db9d15b9a580ec8.jpeg

19 hours ago, Danny2729 said:

My wife is on the 12 Month (12 months in country, out for 6 then back in for another 12 months)

which has already been granted without any medical?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/what-health-examinations-you-need

scroll down to temporary visas then down to additional tests. It mentions over 75 years may need medical 

20 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/help-support/meeting-our-requirements/health/what-health-examinations-you-need

scroll down to temporary visas then down to additional tests. It mentions over 75 years may need medical 

My mum is 56. So I think maybe it’s different for tourist visa and sponsored visa I guess. Or every case is different 🙂 

22 hours ago, theballies said:

Police clearance certificate questions: 

Is this required for the last 5 or 10 years?

If my parents have been in and out of Australia over the last 3 years on a visitors visa (subclass 600), do they need Australian PCC?  Or would they only need Aus PCC if they were here for 12 consecutive months in any 1 visit?  

PCC is required for last 10 years. If total stay in India during last 10 years is more than One year, PCC is required.

Can anyone say that for PCC we have to calculate past 10 years from the date of CO email or from the date of 143 application ???

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

That's probably what it is as my wife is a young 49 year old.  flights booked for 1st November for 12 months.

On 08/08/2019 at 03:12, Marisawright said:

If you're retired, then ask the Commonwealth Bank about a Pensioner Security Account which has no fees.  Even if you aren't retired, it's worth challenging them about fees and you may find they'll waive them.  It makes no sense at all to pay a monthly fee to hold a bank account when there are so many options to get one for free!    The "big four" banks get away with charging fees because so many Australians grew up with them and can't be bothered changing banks.  

I recommend ING.  My husband banks with them and has found them great. You can use their debit card at any ATM for no fee.  If you don't like the idea of a bank that's fully online, then wait until you arrive in Australia and see what's available in your state.  There are several smaller banks and credit unions across Australia which have real branches as well as good online services AND no fees.   

Obviously you'll keep your UK bank account open and use your UK cards for the first few weeks till you get settled.  If you have savings to transfer, then you can open an account with Moneycorp and transfer them into that account, then the money will sit there safely until you can give them an Australian bank account number to transfer it to.

@Marisawrightthanks for the info.  We’re not retired and expecting to work...we’re thinking of ING as our daughter banks with them.. lots to think about 😎😎

On 08/08/2019 at 01:03, Peter2 said:

I think Commbank has a monthly fee, but can be waived with monthly deposit. If that's a concern, you can use NAB instead.

Regarding saving account interest rate, UBank USaver + Ultra is the best at the moment - 2.41% with minimum $200 monthly deposit from external bank (UBank is owned by NAB, online only).

Regardless of who you bank with, you can use any ATM from the big 4 without any fee.

Thanks @Peter2 time to think about what we want.....😎😎😎

For our 143 visa application, we have paid 2nd VAC yesterday and they acknowledged it. They told us that our dependent child, who is in Australia with student visa, has to leave the country for three days for the visa decision. 

If he leaves the country on Monday to Thursday this week, and we notify the department of this on Monday, will they process the decision within those days? We are confused about when and how fast the decision is made. Due to having some deadlines around university it would be best for him to leave in these days and not later

24 minutes ago, JayInAustralia said:

For our 143 visa application, we have paid 2nd VAC yesterday and they acknowledged it. They told us that our dependent child, who is in Australia with student visa, has to leave the country for three days for the visa decision. 

If he leaves the country on Monday to Thursday this week, and we notify the department of this on Monday, will they process the decision within those days? We are confused about when and how fast the decision is made. Due to having some deadlines around university it would be best for him to leave in these days and not later

I heard from someone that you will get decision next day of leaving Aus. Better, you inform CO of Travel booking by eMail so he/she knows when are you leaving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hii to all members
Dear any idea how much they are taking time to visa grant after submitting 2nd VAC.?
I have paid on 7 August 2019 by bpay. Since then nothing from IMmi. Any idea please?

Hi Vicky,
Our visas were granted within 24 hours of payment by BPay. 3 days seems a long time. I suggest you email Immi the BPay receipt to see if that hurries them along.
Good luck
David

Can anyone tell that for PCC we have to calculate last 10 years from the date of CO email (eg. Aug 2019) to submit docs OR from the date of 143 application (Feb 2016)???   If from date of CO email PCC required from period Aug'09 to Aug'19 while in 2nd case PCC required from Feb'06 to Feb'16 i.e. 14 years earlier period. It is important for me to know bcoz I travelled a lot in last 20 years.

I would have thought if they ask for the last ten years - it means the last ten years - if they were wanting from date of application they would have asked for that. Have you been asked for this information as I note your lodgement date is Feb 16.

Hi All, any of you who completed AoS could help me clarify this requirement: I intend to lodge AoS online. However I read this on centrelink website:

How to submit your documents

To confirm your identity, you’ll need to give us your original identity documents. You can do this at either:

We must confirm your identity before you can make a claim.

Once we verify your photo identity, you can give us the other identity documents online

This means I will have to go to a centrelink office to verify my photo identity first, then continue next steps online, that I could not start verifying identity online. Or this is for other service required not for AoS? Is my understanding correct? Thank you.