Guest guest36187

At last, the possibility that I can make the big move!  I've had my visa some time now but am finally, if things go as planned, Australia-bound within 3 or 4 months.

Does anybody know for sure whether it is possible to get extra baggage allowance for migrants travelling one way, if a visa has already been validated?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sadge said:

At last, the possibility that I can make the big move!  I've had my visa some time now but am finally, if things go as planned, Australia-bound within 3 or 4 months.

Does anybody know for sure whether it is possible to get extra baggage allowance for migrants travelling one way, if a visa has already been validated?

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlines/uk-migrant-fares/gb/en

• Like 1

Applied for my Mom's Parent visa 143 application in Oct 2016. Suppose to be 2 years for visa can't see it going anywhere.

I got a question as years going by sooo slow, what are a medical condition affect for Visa decline for aged parents.

Edited by Deepak Verma

Hi everyone

I applied visa 143 for my parents 7/6/2017. Does anyone apply visa 143 during similar time as me. I just want to know

1. Roughly when the immi will ask me to submit additional paperwork

2. How much is the minimum income requirement for the sponsor. The visa includes my parents and my younger brother under 18 

Any helps or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

On 15/06/2019 at 17:22, Minhtr said:

Hi everyone

I applied visa 143 for my parents 7/6/2017. Does anyone apply visa 143 during similar time as me. I just want to know

2. How much is the minimum income requirement for the sponsor. The visa includes my parents and my younger brother under 18 

Thanks

Your parents have a few years to wait.

Best regards.

Edited by MaggieMay24
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Minhtr said:

Thanks Alan,

Roughly 1-2 year you reckoned?

No sorry. It’s taking 4 years for people who applied in July 2015 who are only just getting their visas now!! 

You're looking at at least 6-7 years from 2017. 

Only 6000 visas are being granted per year and the queue at end June was over 40000 - so the maths isn’t good 

try googling home affairs Australia for information on sponsor income etc. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Minhtr said:

Hi everyone

Thanks

https://www.centrelink.gov.au/custsite_aoscalc/aoscalc/financialCalPage.jsf?prg_id=34d2688b28984064b998d5e17948910b&wec-appid=aoscalc&page=1C0EADC1A5804952B374580CFFB9BDFD&wec-locale=en_US#stay

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/3

You can read this one about aos requirement. The requirement income will be updated twice a year. Sometimes it remains the same sometimes it increases 

about the waiting time its really hard to tell. People said it takes 18-24 months for wait at the time we applied 143 for my parent in November 2015. But up untill now we haven't heard anything yet. It has been more than 3yrs 7 mons & still waiting.

good luck ^^ 

• Like 1

Hello,

My mother was granted the 173 visa a couple of weeks back. Looking through the human services website it looks like 173 holders are eligible for Medicare.

Has anyone here applied for Medicare while still on a 173 (before applying for a 143)? On the Medicare application form it is unclear what category to select for question 2. Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks!

@pmindia

thats great to hear you got your mum here,  good question to be prepared for, may I ask when were you asked to provide medical , security check and second visa payments please? We’re waiting for the same visa 173, stressfully for second visa payment. 

Thank you. 

Edited by Kalil

On 15/06/2019 at 09:56, LindaH27 said:

No sorry. It’s taking 4 years for people who applied in July 2015 who are only just getting their visas now!! 

You're looking at at least 6-7 years from 2017. 

Only 6000 visas are being granted per year and the queue at end June was over 40000 - so the maths isn’t good 

try googling home affairs Australia for information on sponsor income etc. 

At end June, which year please?

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/2015-16-migration-programme-report.pdf

Contributory Parent
The Contributory Parent category outcome for 2015–16 was 7175 places. Demand for places in the Contributory Parent category decreased by 567 applications (or 4.4 per cent) between
30 June 2015 and 30 June 2016. As at 30 June 2016, 29,591 clients remain in the pipeline, an increase of 16.1 per cent compared to the pipeline as at 30 June 2015

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/research-and-stats/files/report-migration-program-2017-18.pdf

Page 17 .......As at 30 June 2018, 48,595 applicants remain in the pipeline, an increase of 8.3 per cent compared to the pipeline of 44,886 applicants as at 30 June 2017.

So in just two years from end June 2016 to end June 2018 the queue increased from 29591 to 48595 - and the number of visas actually granted has dropped from over 7000 to presently 6000 per year! 

• Thanks 1

On 04/06/2019 at 15:57, LindaH27 said:

No only 400 have applied so far so you won’t have a problem! Think you may have applied a bit too early 

Taken from a post about six posts above this post 

Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 870)

At the date of the meeting, 400 sponsorship applications had been submitted. While it is surprising that the figure is relatively low; it was felt that perhaps people might be holding off and waiting for the election results; as Labour had undertaken to relax the Temporary Parent Visa should they be elected.

We raised our concerns about the lack of detailed regulations and policy not being released in a timely manner prior to commencement of the sponsorship; and pointed out there were flaws within the online application.

The Department was intending to commence processing applications within 2 weeks of sponsorships being available (around the 3rd week in May).

The Department fully expects that the Subclass 870 visa may be used as an interim measure by parents waiting for the processing of their 173/143 applications. 870 visa applicants will not be refused on GTE grounds where 173/143 applications have been lodged.

Obviously  cost had put people off - so far! 

Hello all,

Has there been any updates on the proposed visa processing time? Is it likely to exceed 6 months?

Thanks,

Andy

5 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

No idea sorry ! Try google or ask an agent? 

Unfortunately I couldn’t find any updates online. I met with an agent/solicitor a few weeks ago and they advised the government would not provide any indication for another 3 months.