Guest guest36187

On 03/04/2019 at 22:19, jimbob007 said:

I applied got refused the next day, $300 gone in a day 

Is it visa 600 - sponsored family visitor? 

My mum just left Australia on 31/3 after 12 months stay on sponsored family visitor. I’m about to reapply again for her next month . Not sure if She will be granted one or have to wait for 6months to be able to reapply.

17 minutes ago, Doris said:

Is it visa 600 - sponsored family visitor? 

My mum just left Australia on 31/3 after 12 months stay on sponsored family visitor. I’m about to reapply again for her next month . Not sure if She will be granted one or have to wait for 6months to be able to reapply.

Hi @Doris

please keep us updated with the outcome of your application (600) for your Mum.

On 03/04/2019 at 15:38, JesseyJ said:

44 Months gone and still waiting for immigration agent to contact us. 

On 03/04/2019 at 15:38, JesseyJ said:

44 Months gone and still waiting for immigration agent to contact us. 

Yourself and @Kush99. Roughly need to add another 6months for the next stage, making your visas well over 4yrs

presume you have not had any requests for Aos,medical etc., 

Thats diabolical!!  Doesn’t bode well for the rest of us 😩

Edited by Kathss56

2 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Yourself and @Kush99. Roughly need to add another 6months for the next stage, making your visas well over 4yrs

presume you have not had any requests for Aos,medical etc., 

Thats diabolical!!  Doesn’t bode well for the rest of us 😩

We were asked after 42 months (Aug 2015) but we will still have another 6 months to wait, I should think so most people will be at least 4 years! 😫

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@Kathss56 are you nearly at the end of your 12 months stay? Have you got somewhere to stay in UK for 6 months?? Shocking how the wait has stretched out! 

Yes, in 10 weeks, it has flown!

Have parents, 2 sisters and 2 brothers, so will be sofa surfing 😩

At this rate, it’s looking like I might have to do another run! 😡

• Sad 1

On 03/04/2019 at 08:52, RealMVP said:

ubclass 103

Subclass 804

Subclass 143

Subclass 173

Subclass 864

Subclass 884

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

27 February 2019

Queue Assessment

Lodged

Jun 2017

Lodged

Sept 2016

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Visa Assessment

Date Queued

Aug 2010

Date Queued

May 2012

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Jul 2015

Lodged

Dec 2016   

Lodged Dec 2016

May 2018

*Updated 03/04/2019

The chart says September 2016 being assessed but I applied June 2015 and I’m still waiting! 143.

On 04/04/2019 at 11:22, RealMVP said:
have my medical done last year February but now it's already over one year and i think it's expired. i got documents requested last year august until now still have n't heard anything from department. The question is will i get requested to do my medical done again??

Dear how did you get your medical before documents requested.? I think there is HAP I'd which is required for medicals. But you said that medical was done in Feb and you got request for docs in August. Is it possible to get medicals without HAP I'd?

On 04/04/2019 at 09:49, Marisawright said:

You can hit the "report" button and use that to send a message to the moderators.

If you still want to look for answers here rather than speak to Alan, here's the extent of my knowledge (but remember I'm not an expert):

The "correct" way to apply for a visa is to apply from your home country and wait for it to be granted. However, because of the long waiting times, many parents are choosing to "jump the queue" by getting a tourist visa on the pretence they're coming on holiday - then once they've arrived, applying onshore.   

A small snag is that if you arrive on a one-way ticket with all your worldly goods, you may be grilled about your intentions by Immigration on arrival.   It is not illegal to come to Australia with the intention of applying for a permanent visa.  It is illegal to arrive with the intention to remain permanently.  It's up to the official who interviews you - if he feels you are determined to stay in Australia regardless of the outcome of any visa applications, he could deport you and impose a ban.  I imagine it would be a distressing experience.  For that reason, it's commonly suggested to arrive looking like a tourist, with an appropriate amount of luggage and a  return ticket, so that you don't attract the attention of Immigration at all. However that is up to your own  conscience!

I may be wrong, but I suggest you check whether you are truly a "temporary resident" on a BVA.  I think you are still classed as a "visitor",  which means you are treated differently for things like tax, access to services and benefits, and buying property.  You are effectively in limbo, because you are not legally resident in the UK, nor are you legally resident in Australia.

Property - I do know that if you wish to buy property, you are classed as a "Foreign Investor" and subject to the FIRB regulations.  That means you must apply for permission to buy the property (and pay a fee to do so).  You also pay a higher stamp duty rate, and you cannot rent out the property unless it's brand  new.

Medicare - this is something you need to check with an agent. On most bridging visas, you are not entitled to Medicare.  I don't know what the situation is for the bridging visa for the 864.  As a UK resident, you are lucky, because as a "visitor", you are entitled to basic Medicare cover anyway, under the reciprocal agreement with the UK.     That covers essential treatment only - not elective surgery, for instance. 

You will cease to be a UK resident, so you will lose access to the NHS.  Being a UK citizen is irrelevant, and because you are not legally resident in Australia, you can't get access to the NHS on the basis if living in Australia either. So if you need elective treatment that isn't covered by Medicare, you can't pop back to the UK to have it done.   So private health insurance would be advisable.   

Travel - I understand that your bridging visa does not take effect until your existing tourist visa expires.   So you might have time for a quick trip back, IF your tourist isa is multiple-entry (be careful though, because some multiple-entry tourist visas have a "no further stay" condition, which means you can't apply for the 864 on those visas). 

Once the bridging visa takes effect, you are stuck in Australia until you are able to get a BVB.  

When you apply for a BVB, you must have a specific reason to justify the need to travel.  The examples often given are a wedding, a funeral, business.  I'm not sure whether "visiting family" would be regarded as specific enough.  My concern would be that if you're applying two or three times a year, every year, they might start rejecting them, and then you'd be stuck.  Again, an agent would know better than I.  There are no emergency provisions and if you leave the country without a BVB in place, you will then have to wait in the UK for your 864 to come through before you can return. wait time

Wait time for 864 - I have heard that the waiting time for the 864 is now being brought into line with the 143 visa.

One more point to consider:   when your visa application finally comes up for consideration, you will have to undergo a medical.  With a 100-year-old mother, you may be one of those genetically blessed people who will still be hale and hearty when the time for the medical arrives. However, if you fail the medical, you will have to leave Australia and re-establish your life in the UK (though there is a Medical Treatment visa which might enable you to hang on for a while).  

It is a very big decision to uproot yourself from your established home in the UK and come to live in limbo in a foreign country, probably for several years, with the prospect of having to uproot yourself again at an advanced age if things don't work out.  In the process, you'll incur substantial costs and significant inconvenience.  You may feel it's all worth it, but I would repeat my advice to speak to an agent so you understand the implications thoroughly before proceeding.

Thanks Marisa for going to all this trouble - much appreciated - I will contact Alan - yours was the only response I got - probably because it originally got posted to the wrong thread and was overly long.I may decide to repost it or redraft it ,to target specifics.Maybe someone who has been through the 864 process will assist ?

Thanks again

Thanks Marisa for going to all this trouble - much appreciated - I will contact Alan - yours was the only response I got - probably because it originally got posted to the wrong thread and was overly long.I may decide to repost it or redraft it ,to target specifics.Maybe someone who has been through the 864 process will assist ?

Thanks again

Gordon

Clarification of whether you have to be offshore or can be onshore when applying for the new temporary 870 visa. Read 3 e below....clear as mud!! But I suspect that for most of us it’s an off shore application .

1239 Family (Temporary) (Class GH)
(1) Form: The approved form specified by the Minister in a legislative instrument made for the purposes of this item under subregulation 2.07(5).
(2) Visa application charge:
(a) first instalment (payable at the time the application is made)—the base application charge is $1,000; and
(b) second instalment (payable before grant of the visa):

Second instalment
Item
Period of effect
Amount
If the date to be specified by the Minister under paragraph 870.511(1)(b) of Schedule 2 in relation to the applicant’s visa will not be more than 3 years after the day the visa is granted
$4,000
In all other cases
$9,000

Note: Regulation 2.12C explains the components of the first instalment of visa application charge and specifies the amounts of subsequent temporary application charge and non‑Internet application charge. Not all of the components may apply to a particular application.
(3) Other:
(a) An application must be made at the place, and in the manner, (if any) specified by the Minister in a legislative instrument made for the purposes of this item under subregulation 2.07(5).
(b) The applicant does not hold a Subclass 870 (Sponsored Parent (Temporary)) visa.
© The applicant is at least 18.
(d) The application specifies the person who is the parent sponsor of the applicant.
(e) Either:
(i) the applicant is outside Australia; or
(ii) the applicant has been permitted by the Minister to apply for a Subclass 870 (Sponsored Parent (Temporary)) visa while in Australia (but not in immigration clearance).
(f) The total period of effect of the Subclass 870 (Sponsored Parent (Temporary)) visas (if any) previously held by the applicant does not exceed 10 years.
(4) Subclasses:
870 (Sponsored Parent (Temporary))

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, bridgie said:

Here is the link for the whole of the regulations.
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00551

Interesting to see this condition, “The applicant genuinely intends to stay in Australia temporarily”. I wonder if this means you can’t hold an 870 visa while also applying for permanent parent visa.

Additionally it says “The applicant has access to sufficient funds to meet the costs and expenses of the applicant’s intended stay in Australia”. I’m curiosity how they will define what ‘Sufficient’ is in Au$?

With all the hoops and costs for this new temporary visa, it’s making the permanent CPVs look like steal.

• Like 2

Ah the word “Sufficient” and here’s another “Significant” which is the word used on our last visa application......”You must insure you stay off shore for a significant time before reapplying “ . Funny how no one in Immigration could gives us a period of time that equates to “Significant time”.

The wording overall seems very woolly, probably intentionally.

I shall be interested to get an informed opinion from Alan Collett on the matter.

• Confused 1

2 questions for posters who have received their parent visas or anyone please.

When you have sent/posted off  all the final details as requested by a CO, did you have an acknowledgement of receipt? Tracking shows delivered 10 days ago.

The time scale after theoretically your completed application is/was received before the 2nd payment is requested? 

Thank you 

6 minutes ago, ramot said:

2 questions for posters who have received their parent visas or anyone please.

When you have sent/posted off  all the final details as requested by a CO, did you have an acknowledgement of receipt? Tracking shows delivered 10 days ago.

The time scale after theoretically your completed application is/was received before the 2nd payment is requested? 

Thank you 

Is there any reason why you didn't email them the documents? In the request for document letter, they mention that email is preferred and faster.

We didn't receive any acknowledgement receipt, and we had to follow up every month to know that our emails were lost and we had to resend them all documents. However, I saw some people here did get acknowledgement receipt saying that all documents have been received, so it depends on each case.

Based on the tracking sheet, it could be between 1 to 3 months before the 2nd VAC is requested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE

On 10/04/2019 at 01:42, vicky bajwa said:

Guys, I got letter regarding rejection of aos. They said they didn't get bond letter from bank.But bond deposit  letter has been submitted in centrelink on the same day of bond submission. So what should I do now?Anyone has any idea please?

Have you called their complaint and feedback line?

1 hour ago, Peter2 said:

Is there any reason why you didn't email them the documents? In the request for document letter, they mention that email is preferred and faster.

We didn't receive any acknowledgement receipt, and we had to follow up every month to know that our emails were lost and we had to resend them all documents. However, I saw some people here did get acknowledgement receipt saying that all documents have been received, so it depends on each case.

Based on the tracking sheet, it could be between 1 to 3 months before the 2nd VAC is requested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE

1 hour ago, Peter2 said:

The up to date information does read by my understanding send initial application by courier or mail, so as in Australia did the same for the rest, as in our request it read reply to email in writing? Then reads contact by email if any questions, no mention of preference of sending details by email. Anyway only took a few days.

We have applied for the pathway 143 only for onshore retirees, start date of applications November 2018

Applied November 2018, acknowledged by email 10days later

. February 2019 request Email from CO for all further details eg police checks, medical.

Details posted 28th March, 2019, tracked and delivered 2nd April

There are Different conditions to the regular 143 parent visa.

No balance of family or sponsor required

No AOS required

125 visas apparently  to be issued before June 2019, so not sure if the ‘normal’ reply times will be the same, was just interested how long it usually was. Will post if or when we hear anything.

Based on the tracking sheet, it could be between 1 to 3 months before the 2nd VAC is requested:   thank you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE

Edited by ramot

7 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Please could I go on the Spreadsheet.

• Like 1