Guest guest36187

4 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

It looks like the 600 visa for parents who would like to spend 12mths etc in Oz,  will not be available from when the temporary parent one commences. Read below 

113F3A86-BC24-4086-B847-A718CEFDC1A9.thumb.jpeg.45620fd629546d3fd05deb2ffe3ae6e7.jpeg

@Kathss56 thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just hope that the existing Visa holders will not be affected. Having said that does anyone knows if one already holds a subclass 600 can we apply again even though the validity of that visa hasn't expired?

8 minutes ago, Anks said:

@Kathss56 thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just hope that the existing Visa holders will not be affected. Having said that does anyone knows if one already holds a subclass 600 can we apply again even though the validity of that visa hasn't expired?

Please see Alan’s reply to my query a few posts ago 

On 06/03/2019 at 23:23,  LindaH27 said: 

@Alan Collett

Having  seen your blog as below, does this really mean that parents will no longer be able to apply for and obtain a 3 year 600 visa which allows a 12 months in 18 stay?

• Standard Visitor visa arrangements remain unchanged.  However the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa replaces the Visitor visa concession that allows parents of Australian citizens/permanent residents to stay in Australia for longer periods – typically for 12 months in every 18 months.

That is my present expectation, based on the details here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/bringing-someone/bringing-partner-or-family/five-year-temporary-sponsored-parents-visa

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Hi, I have a question about the form 47pa, applying for a 143 visa. I hope this is the right place to ask.

Part H – Members of the family unit aged 18 years or over (Q57):
My daughter is a settled resident in Australia (married to an Australian) and will be my sponsor. Does she need to be included here, and require a form 47a to cover her? 47a refers to a "...child or other dependent family member..." but Q57 requests ALL family members over 18 and does not use the word "dependent". Common sense would suggest that as my sponsor, not being dependent and already settled in Australia, she should not need to be included here, but common sense does not always apply to officialdom 🙄

On 12/03/2019 at 10:52, summerskybird said:

How long are people waiting from submitting the assurance of support paperwork to Centrelink to being asked for payment? My son went to Centrelink in December and is still waiting to be asked to pay,

Submitted  AOS may 2018,  Got the call from Centerlink 11 Nov 2018,

Paid 36 Nov 2018, Got the Acceptance letter 19 Dec 2018 but with the Xmas and new year got it 08. 01.2019,

Request to pay 2nd Vac 12.03.2019

143 VISA GRANTED 13 03 2019 

Good luck 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 5

Just now, jimbob007 said:

Paid 26 Nov 2018, Got the Acceptance letter 19 Dec 2018 but with the Xmas and new year got it 08. 01.2019,

Good luck 

• Like 2
  • Congratulations 7

44 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

Paid 36 Nov 2018, Got the Acceptance letter 19 Dec 2018 but with the Xmas and new year got it 08. 01.2019,

Good luck 

Congrats Jimbob007 all the best

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Congratulations and very best wishes for your new life in Australia.

I notice that you paid your 2nd Vac on 12 Mar and had your visa granted the next day. How did you pay your 2nd Vac?

• Congratulations 1

Good news for anyone who is wondering if the concession for longer stay with the current tourist visa subclass 600 conditions will change after the commencement of 870, this has now been clarified by David Coleman and also updated on the website 

source - sbs.com.au 

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2019/03/14/immigration-minister-quashes-fear-about-changes-existing-visitor-visa

screenshot of updated content on the homeaffairs website.

image.png.e83ff9efe8a0cbf71fbbdd0979dd6b5f.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/03/2019 at 19:53, LindaH27 said:

Please see Alan’s reply to my query a few posts ago 

On 06/03/2019 at 23:23,  LindaH27 said: 

@Alan Collett

Having  seen your blog as below, does this really mean that parents will no longer be able to apply for and obtain a 3 year 600 visa which allows a 12 months in 18 stay?

• Standard Visitor visa arrangements remain unchanged.  However the Sponsored Parent (Temporary) visa replaces the Visitor visa concession that allows parents of Australian citizens/permanent residents to stay in Australia for longer periods – typically for 12 months in every 18 months.

That is my present expectation, based on the details here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/bringing-someone/bringing-partner-or-family/five-year-temporary-sponsored-parents-visa

Best regards.

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/hindi/en/article/2019/03/14/immigration-minister-quashes-fear-about-changes-existing-visitor-visa

Good news!

Best regards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/02/2019 at 20:00, Marilyn said:

First had chest X-ray then had to pee in a cup so they can test glucose, protein and blood. Take your blood pressure, weight and height then get you to read letters an eye test. Goes through loads of "have you had...." then asks if you had any major surgeries long stay in hospital and if you on any medication. Takes blood pressure, then looks in ears and down your throat. Did knees and hand reflex test, Checked back, arms and legs for any skin issues. Laid down and she pressed all over torso. Took 1 vial of blood. Made me squeeze her fingers and then she placed both hands on my shoulders and asked me to push up while she pushed down and did same with the side of my face .

They come back to you very quickly if they need to see you again. They found an abnormality in my X-Ray which could be a few things so they called me back the day after and I had another 2 X-Rays done. I am now waiting for Radiologist to check it and they will come back to me. I was very stressed but the Physician was great - I asked could this be an reason for my visa not to be granted if its something serious and he said "No whatever it is we will process through it"

Hope this helps

Had our medical in Brisbane today. Dedicated BUPA clinic for medicals for immigration, apparently about 175 every day.

Chest X-ray first, then pee in a pot, blood taken to check for  HIV. Blood pressure taken, height, weight, then had to read bottom line of eye chart.

Dr. Next who as poster above asked lots of question, surgeries etc. Next sat on on bed, ears, nose, inside of throat checked, and then throat felt over. Had to hold my hands out palms up with eyes shut, then looked over my hands, with eyes open then. Laid down and gave my body a check over.  No pushing like M had. 

That was it, pretty harmless really and she told me I was very fit    ‘for my age!!!’   Must have managed to fool her.

So as long as medical ok, just waiting for UK police report, and then will send everything in. 

One thing we did was get a full medical report from our Dr. to take with us, which the clinic Dr said is really helpful.

Good luck to everyone.

ps I found the same as Marilyn, can’t fault anything, professional, everything explained and all really nice as well. 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rosiejaq said:

On the medical front, does anyone know what the different grades mean? as I had a grade A for one part and grade B for another.  Are they both accepted?  and do Immi contact you if there's a problem??  Thanks all😷

answering my own query...thanks to Marilyn's help!    

Examination grading
Please consider the information that you have recorded regarding this client and provide a grading on their medical examination below.

Supporting comments must be provided if you decide to provide a B grading.Note: This is not a rating of whether the applicant will meet the health criteria.

A

No significant history or abnormal findings related to public health present

B

Significant history or abnormal findings present that may indicate that the applicant has a disease or condition that is, or may result in the applicant being, a threat to public health in Australia or a danger to the Australian community.Note: Any relevant results and reports should be referred to a Medical Officer of the Commonwealth for opinion