Guest guest36187

After 3 weeks of pure drama trying to do AOS applications on line with one of my assurers having to go to centrelink 3 times with average hour wait as they forgot to tell her she needed a number from them and then they didn’t acknowledge identity check properly. We have two separate applications as deemed 3 adults and was told had to do that way. Finally there and on successfully submitted pages it said estimated to be processed by mid March. I am reading in here all the time that at least 4 months. Is that ‘pie in the sky’ automated response. Anyone out there was processed in the time estimated on submission.  Useful to know actually could be 6 weeks or am I being ‘Mrs Too Hopefully’ 

Dears,

Kindly seeking opinions /advice on the parents moving to join us in Australia.

The move is planned over the next 1-5 years. Parents aged 65 and 67. 

Originally planned to submit for subclass 173 and serve the waiting period of 3-5 years.

Now, with the new temporary parent visa coming in 1H 2019, I consider applying for 5 year new temporary one, while they'd be on the 173 queue. Could these two visa applications be mutually exclusive or this is a good plan? 

Thanks!

I just received email from IMMI requesting police certificate, medical, form 80 and colour photo of passport. 

They have given me 70 days from date of email (previously I think you had 28 days) 

I am beyond excited. 

Edited by Marilyn
  • Like 3
  • Congratulations 7

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

I just received email from IMMI requesting police certificate, medical, form 80 and colour photo of passport. 

They have given me 70 days from date of email (previously I think you had 28 days) 

I am beyond excited. 

Congrats ....seems the 173 stream is ahead of 143.....we’re really jealous and hope to hear something soon!  ❤️ 

• Thanks 1

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

JANUARY 2019

Queue Assessment

Mar 2017

Jul 2016

Jun 2015

Jun 2015

Nov 2016

Nov 2016

May 2018

Visa Assessment

Aug 2010

Jun 2010

Jun 2015

Jun 2015

Nov 2016

Nov 2016

May 2018

Am I going mad?  I thought this said July 2015 the other day?   Are we going backwards....I’m so stressed with all this! And so are my family 😩

3 hours ago, Marilyn said:

I am beyond excited. 

Congrats Marilyn.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

JANUARY 2019

Queue Assessment

Mar 2017

Jul 2016

Jun 2015

Jun 2015

Nov 2016

Nov 2016

May 2018

Visa Assessment

Aug 2010

Jun 2010

Jun 2015

Jun 2015

Nov 2016

Nov 2016

May 2018

Am I going mad?  I thought this said July 2015 the other day?   Are we going backwards....I’m so stressed with all this! And so are my family 😩

Hi Rosie, yes your not going crazy. This Sunday 3rd February did state for 143 it said July 15.  Processing times 49 months. Four years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi everyone,

Good news- My parents have been invited to provide further documents. (medicals, police report and form 80) within 70 days. They applied for 173 on 2nd October 2015. 

My wife and I were asked for documents last March and got our visa about the middle of November, but that was with my wife needing to have an operation after the medical. So that was 8 months. If everythings ok with your parents it could be quicker?

16 minutes ago, freedy50 said:

My wife and I were asked for documents last March and got our visa about the middle of November, but that was with my wife needing to have an operation after the medical. So that was 8 months. If everythings ok with your parents it could be quicker?

Hi Freedy50,

I’m assuming you also applied for a 173? If so, after your wife’s operation, how long did it take up to visa grant? 

1 minute ago, Bear2015 said:

Hi Freedy50,

I’m assuming you also applied for a 173? If so, after your wife’s operation, how long did it take up to visa grant? 

Yes it was the 173. Her actual operation was in September and after we sent all the various reports they wanted, we got our visa granted on 30th November. We're going to validate it in March before our deadline of the 26th. And have already started on the 143 route.

• Thanks 1