Guest guest36187

It's apparently more to do with the domestic violence bill (which held up the new temporary parent visa). Checking character of sponsor not just income. Think we are all probably  ok there! Another poster also said a while ago that her sponsor had been told there were changes in procedure which were adding to the delays. No idea what it was though . 

On 16/01/2019 at 16:11, LindaH27 said:

Realistically? With a November 2017 date probably 6 years if not more,  sorry. People with a June/July  2015 date are only just been asked for documents now - processing these documents, Medicals and police clearances need to be carried out and then a 4-6 month wait for AOS so they are looking at around 4 years or so - and the queue numbers have drastically increased since then. 

Another point from your post. You say your parents are quite old and not in good health. Please be aware that 143 visa has a mandatory medical and if your parents do not meet the criteria they will not be granted the visa. Australia is very strict on its health conditions and is wary of taking on old people who will cost a lot in terms of health requirements and old age care. 

You may well be better off speaking to an Migration Agent, looking at the Aged Parent visa 

On 16/01/2019 at 16:11, LindaH27 said:

Realistically? With a November 2017 date probably 6 years if not more,  sorry. People with a June/July  2015 date are only just been asked for documents now - processing these documents, Medicals and police clearances need to be carried out and then a 4-6 month wait for AOS so they are looking at around 4 years or so - and the queue numbers have drastically increased since then. 

Another point from your post. You say your parents are quite old and not in good health. Please be aware that 143 visa has a mandatory medical and if your parents do not meet the criteria they will not be granted the visa. Australia is very strict on its health conditions and is wary of taking on old people who will cost a lot in terms of health requirements and old age care. 

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00065

Cap on parent visas for 2018/19.

Based on 2017/18 I doubt we'll see visa numbers approaching the cap.

The total numbers are as per the equivalent instrument that pertained for 2016/17: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00683

Reference to 125 visas at 6(2) is for the subclass 410 and 405 visa holders who are applying for permanent residency.

Best regards.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2019L00065

Cap on parent visas for 2018/19.

Based on 2017/18 I doubt we'll see visa numbers approaching the cap.

The total numbers are as per the equivalent instrument that pertained for 2016/17: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2018L00683

Reference to 125 visas at 6(2) is for the subclass 410 and 405 visa holders who are applying for permanent residency.

Best regards.

Thank you Alan, do I read that the  last line referring to 410/405 visas implies a possible 125 (or who knows how many less ) visas might be issued. Would be nice if that was a definite number. Will be interesting to know how many have applied. No one else we know has bothered, but I think it is of more interest to 405 holders.

Hi ramot.

Yes, the Instrument allows for 125 visas under subclass 143 to be granted to subclass 405 and 410 visa holders in the period up to 30 June 2019.

We have lodged almost a dozen such applications for clients, almost all of whom are 410 visa holders.

It will be great if most of them secure permanent residency in the next 5 months!

Best regards.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

Hi ramot.

Yes, the Instrument allows for 125 visas under subclass 143 to be granted to subclass 405 and 410 visa holders in the period up to 30 June 2019.

We have lodged almost a dozen such applications for clients, almost all of whom are 410 visa holders.

It will be great if most of them secure permanent residency in the next 5 months!

Best regards.

We lodged in the first week, fingers crossed!

16 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Being on 173 hopefully they may submit the processing time in the month to come. I think the delay for AOS is the cause of the delay as well. I will be 39 months tomorrow so hopefully best case scenario is May and worst is August if its still sitting at 43 / 46 months.

17 hours ago, freedy50 said:

It's annoying that the dates have stopped like that. I want to know processing times and dates for a 173 to 143. I'm sure it can't be  3 to 4 years like the other visas?

I'm waiting to try the automatic emails on the 31st to see if the end of the month makes any difference in getting a reply?

From what I gather it is only about 10 to 11 months at the moment from past test emails as I am planning on switching as soon as I activate my 173 so also been keeping an eye on the progress.  @Skeelsy is currently doing the switch so may be able to give you the exact timeline.

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

Being on 173 hopefully they may submit the processing time in the month to come. I think the delay for AOS is the cause of the delay as well. I will be 39 months tomorrow so hopefully best case scenario is May and worst is August if its still sitting at 43 / 46 months.

Hi, let me know when you hear anything, I lodged my 173 on 13/11/15. Test email coming though saying 49 but yes website says the above. 

Thanks 

CEJ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vicky bajwa said:

For 173 to 143 it's 16 months now. Still nothing. Centrelink is taking too much time. It's 23 weeks now.

I thought they are assessing those 174 to 143 (Temporary to Permanent) lodged up to March 2018 which makes it 10 months - am I reading it wrong?

Temporary to Permanent

Acknowledge New Applications

JANUARY 2019

Queue Assessment

Mar 2017

Jul 2016

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

N/A

Visa Assessment

Aug 2010

Jun 2010

Jul 2015

Jul 2015

Nov 2016

Nov 2016

Mar 2018

I don’t realistically think we’ll get our visas this side of June 2019 as I think they’re probably close to the number of 143’s they’re thinking of granting in the 2018/2019 year.  I just hope that it doesn’t drag on for much longer as we’re so depressed now....what with the mess of Brexit and the implications from this if we don’t get our 143’s granted...we were thinking of living in Spain or France near friends but now even this route could be bugg**ed!  What to do?

• Confused 1

@Rosiejaq Yes sadly I agree with you. An earlier post by Alan Collett  said 7175 was still the legal cap less 125 for previous 405/410 holders as promised. So statistically that’s a possible 7050  places for 173/143 applicants but as we all know it’s more likely to be around the 6000 mark and as there were so many applicants in 2014/15 I suspect most of these places will already  have gone. 

I don’t know what to suggest for you. Are you able to go over on a 600 visa at all? Or if you go to Europe before Brexit actually happens,  can you still stay? It’s all a bit of a mess here at present! 

I think we are all confused and downhearted about what’s happening - I only hope that after the Australian  election there may be some clarity as regards immigration and about which visas will still be available. The impression I get is that young workers who are prepared to live outside the popular areas are likely to have little problem in gaining visas. The thing is that those young people will want their partners/ children too to help them settle etc bringing up the migrant numbers. Parent visas are low priority  in the Family Stream section unfortunately and Scott Morrison has previously said that he wants to hold down immigration numbers to the low figures allowed in last couple of years. Again another government may have different views - I don’t know, we will have to wait and see! 

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that hopefully you will get your visas granted around Sept!! Me?? I think I will have celebrated another “big” birthday before I hear anything 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Hi folks, 

Seeking some advice on 804 / 864 visa - my mother in law lives in Scotland and all her children (3) and grandchildren live in Oz (most are citizens. 

1. If we apply for 804, should we do this as soon as she arrives on her 3 month tourist visa? 

2. We're aware the wait times are lengthy (and she may never get it) and the implications of healthcare - when is the AOS due to be paid, only once the visa is granted? 

3. If we apply for the 864 - can we apply for this onshore when she arrives on her tourist visa and is she able to go back to live in Scotland while it's being processed? 

4. Is the fee (AUD47,455) only payable once the second part of the visa is approved? 

5. Is there a further AOS required for this visa or is that not applicable due to the contribution being paid? 

Really apprecaite any advice on the above from anyone going through the process. TIA! 

1. It’s best not to advertise using a tourist visa to gain entry for permanent visa although lots of people do it!  Check it doesn’t have a no further stay condition on it as that means she can’t apply for any other onshore visa 

2.AOS is usually paid prior to grant and is around $10000 per person and there’s no entitlement to pension or disability benefits for 10 years and 2 years for other benefits 

3. If she’s going to apply for 864 which is an onshore visa she remains in Australia  on a bridging visa A (BVA) I believe and would need a separate visa BVB to leave and return to Australia - and they need a very good reason to grant this other visa  

Wait times for 864 are now similar to those for 143  and none  have been granted since November 2016  so expect around 6 or more years but it’s quicker than the non contributory visas which some people think may be drastically curtailed  in the future  

4.She will pay approx $3770 to start application and remaining $43600 just before visa grant

All these visas are subject to Medical and police clearance 

Again just my interpretation  - if you look at immi website there’s lots of info there  or  consult an agent  

Good luck ! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@Rosiejaq Yes sadly I agree with you. An earlier post by Alan Collett  said 7175 was still the legal cap less 125 for previous 405/410 holders as promised. So statistically that’s a possible 7050  places for 173/143 applicants but as we all know it’s more likely to be around the 6000 mark and as there were so many applicants in 2014/15 I suspect most of these places will already  have gone. 

I don’t know what to suggest for you. Are you able to go over on a 600 visa at all? Or if you go to Europe before Brexit actually happens,  can you still stay? It’s all a bit of a mess here at present! 

I think we are all confused and downhearted about what’s happening - I only hope that after the Australian  election there may be some clarity as regards immigration and about which visas will still be available. The impression I get is that young workers who are prepared to live outside the popular areas are likely to have little problem in gaining visas. The thing is that those young people will want their partners/ children too to help them settle etc bringing up the migrant numbers. Parent visas are low priority  in the Family Stream section unfortunately and Scott Morrison has previously said that he wants to hold down immigration numbers to the low figures allowed in last couple of years. Again another government may have different views - I don’t know, we will have to wait and see! 

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that hopefully you will get your visas granted around Sept!! Me?? I think I will have celebrated another “big” birthday before I hear anything 🤣🤣

Hi Linda sadly we can’t do 600 as we need to work....British government have mucked up my pension so I have to wait a further 6 years until I can claim.  We’ll just have to wait and see what happens!

• Sad 1

On 29/01/2019 at 00:12, Marilyn said:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-processing-times/global-visa-processing-times

The visa processing time updated on 25th January for end December on the above website is very disheartening - never seen that comment for 143 before.

173 - Unavailable due to low volume of applications.

143 -  Processing times are not available for this visa

😩😩how strange. Maybe they are in chaos and have no idea whatsoever , 🙄

• Sad 1

On 29/01/2019 at 21:16, Marilyn said:

From what I gather it is only about 10 to 11 months at the moment from past test emails as I am planning on switching as soon as I activate my 173 so also been keeping an eye on the progress.  @Skeelsy is currently doing the switch so may be able to give you the exact timeline.

5 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

They have changed email to just state the month now as in  “July” No actual date  in that month.

It was just under 12 months for us. Biggest headache is AOS as have 3 adults now as aos see our son who was a child when we started back in 2012. Total ignorance as to how we best apply and even our migration agent not that knowledgeable and slow to respond. I’m not a happy bunny 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

1. It’s best not to advertise using a tourist visa to gain entry for permanent visa although lots of people do it!  Check it doesn’t have a no further stay condition on it as that means she can’t apply for any other onshore visa 

2.AOS is usually paid prior to grant and is around $10000 per person and there’s no entitlement to pension or disability benefits for 10 years and 2 years for other benefits 

3. If she’s going to apply for 864 which is an onshore visa she remains in Australia  on a bridging visa A (BVA) I believe and would need a separate visa BVB to leave and return to Australia - and they need a very good reason to grant this other visa  

Wait times for 864 are now similar to those for 143  and none  have been granted since November 2016  so expect around 6 or more years but it’s quicker than the non contributory visas which some people think may be drastically curtailed  in the future  

4.She will pay approx $3770 to start application and remaining $43600 just before visa grant

All these visas are subject to Medical and police clearance 

Again just my interpretation  - if you look at immi website there’s lots of info there  or  consult an agent  

Good luck ! 

Thanks Linda! I’ve been reading & researching for hours and there’s so much information (some a bit contradictory). We approached an agent a few years ago so might reach out to them again to clarify these things