Guest guest36187

On 11/01/2019 at 15:00, Ryanlee said:

What a shame, Immi takes a whole year (2018) to process 3 month worth of 143 applications.

Kev 

It’s more than a shame. It’s very annoying. Especially when if you change your mind for some reason you loose your deposit. They shouldn’t say 18-24months when it was never ever realistic! Then under issue visas by approx 1000 per year. 

• Sad 1

Just now, LindaH27 said:

It’s lucrative for Australia though! Just think how much money they are sitting on and earning interest on all the first vac charges for years and then interest on all the AOS bonds paid and still waiting 4-6 months down the line before eventually granting visa 

When I last checked there was more than A$2bn in uncollected 2nd VACs, based on the number of applicants x A$43,600 per applicant ...

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, rocketman5803 said:

143 visa granted today! 3 working days after we made the 2nd VAC payment. Application initially lodged on June 3, 2015. I hope I am the last one in the month of June. Good luck you all and stay patient and positive. (Yes, I know how hard it is!)

We Lodged 23 June 2015, How long ago did you pay your AOS,?

10 hours ago, rocketman5803 said:

We lodged AOS pretty much first thing when we were requested for documents, probably back in April/May, it was never a blocker in my case. My application was stranded due to household register and some forms.

When Did your Sponsor Pay for the AOS ? When did they get the Acceptance letter ?

Hi everyone , new to the forum here. First post. 

I have been following this thread for a while and decided to sign up.  I lodged the 143 visa for my parents back in November 2017, it was acknowledged 2 weeks later and we realized that we're in for a long wait. 

Realistically how long are we looking at waiting? 4 years? 5?6? 

My parents are quite old and not in their best health condition. I fear that they may not live to see the day that their visas are granted so they can be here with me. 

It is such a crime that we're selling our houses and other assets to get money to bring our parents here to live with them and the processing times only keep increasing 

Realistically? With a November 2017 date probably 6 years if not more,  sorry. People with a June/July  2015 date are only just been asked for documents now - processing these documents, Medicals and police clearances need to be carried out and then a 4-6 month wait for AOS so they are looking at around 4 years or so - and the queue numbers have drastically increased since then. 

Another point from your post. You say your parents are quite old and not in good health. Please be aware that 143 visa has a mandatory medical and if your parents do not meet the criteria they will not be granted the visa. Australia is very strict on its health conditions and is wary of taking on old people who will cost a lot in terms of health requirements and old age care. 

On 15/01/2019 at 17:23, rocketman5803 said:

143 visa granted today! 3 working days after we made the 2nd VAC payment. Application initially lodged on June 3, 2015. I hope I am the last one in the month of June. Good luck you all and stay patient and positive. (Yes, I know how hard it is!)

Can anybody tells me what medical test parents go though to pass medical test for 173 or 143 subclass 

On 15/01/2019 at 06:37, Ryanlee said:

It takes 3-4 weeks to proceed 2 days worth of 143 applications 

“We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 03 July 2015.”

Kev

By that assumption, how long do you think it would take to handle a year's applications?  I'm not good at sums but that doesn't seem right🤔

We had our medicals yesterday.  We are both over age 65    Included was Chest XRay, Blood sample, Urine sample, blood pressure, eye test, ear inspection, mouth inspection,  general physical examination incorporating sounding of chest and lungs,  checking reflexes, balance, flexibility and questionnaire and discussion of medical history - pre-existing health conditions, medication, hospital admissions.   Height and weight.  

On 22/08/2018 at 10:59, LindaH27 said:

But it went up to 56 months a while ago so a drop to 44 months is a big improvement 

It may have gone to 56 months for more recent applications, but as far as I am aware, not as far back as July 2015 applicants.  I think applicants from around this time frame were expecting a processing time of about 40 months - well I certainly was!

On 09/01/2019 at 22:03, LindaH27 said:

Apparently immi are taking steps to bring it in line with processing times for 143 - so a long time as they are only processing beginning of July 2015 at present.  I understand that no new 864 visas have been issued for over two years

Thanks! Although it's frustrating that immi are deliberately slowing down the 864 visa processing at least they haven't decided to cancel the visa

I'm lucky that my parents applied onshore so they are currently living in Australia on a bridging visa so it's hopefully just a matter of waiting and hoping they keep healthy for the next few years

• Like 1

Yes that's the crunch point isn't it - staying healthy! I believe Australia has deported people on bridging visas for failing the eventual medical. How are they managing for medical care now - just the reciprocal agreement if from UK as they wont be eligible for Medicare or are they using private health insurance ?  That's one of the reasons I went down the 143 route as I couldn't guarantee my health wouldn't deteriorate in the future and it was a toss up between waiting it out here in UK and having long visits whilst still keeping my home and friends etc in case I didnt pass the medical or sell up move over for years and then perhaps be faced With failing the medical  and being  sent home  but having nothing and nowhere to come back to. I know lots of people do it though and I really  hope it all works out for your parents.  Just one thing to be aware of though  - The australian government is currently reviewing All visas with the aim of reducing the 99 different visas to just 10 - and in the past they have just decided to cancel certain visas and tell people waiting in the queue they had to leave ! So there are no guarantees. Getting an Australians Visa does seem to be a bit of a lottery sometimes! 

30 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes that's the crunch point isn't it - staying healthy! I believe Australia has deported people on bridging visas for failing the eventual medical. How are they managing for medical care now - just the reciprocal agreement if from UK as they wont be eligible for Medicare or are they using private health insurance ?  That's one of the reasons I went down the 143 route as I couldn't guarantee my health wouldn't deteriorate in the future and it was a toss up between waiting it out here in UK and having long visits whilst still keeping my home and friends etc in case I didnt pass the medical or sell up move over for years and then perhaps be faced With failing the medical  and being  sent home  but having nothing and nowhere to come back to. I know lots of people do it though and I really  hope it all works out for your parents.  Just one thing to be aware of though  - The australian government is currently reviewing All visas with the aim of reducing the 99 different visas to just 10 - and in the past they have just decided to cancel certain visas and tell people waiting in the queue they had to leave ! So there are no guarantees. Getting an Australians Visa does seem to be a bit of a lottery sometimes! 

It's a tough decision isn't it! Medicare covers a lot for them on the reciprocal arrangement and then they have private health insurance as well. Australia imposes a tax levy if you don't get insurance within a year of being here on a bridging visa so it made sense to get it when they arrived.

The government changing the law does scare me, but they are struggling to get anything through parliament at the moment and there will be an election later this year year which will hopefully result in a change in government who tend to be less anti immigration. 

I try not to think and worry about it too much but it's hard!