Guest guest36187

On 03/12/2018 at 23:41, Marilyn said:

@dunken I am in the same position I have applied for the 173 - there is a physical advantage whereby your folks can be in Australia whilst on the 173 and doing the switch to 143 - for the 173 we won't have to do AOS at this time as there is nearly a 18 - 20 week delay so when it gets to processing ours it will be quicker when they ask for Form 80, Medical and Police Clearance and payment of 2nd VAC.

The only disadvantage is a financial one as it is slightly more expensive a difference in total by $4,260 and also the chance the AOS maybe increased in 2019 from $10,000 to $15,000 for a single parent.

Hi Marilyn

Thanks for the info.. i never thought about that 18-20 weeks time for AOS. Im also going to switch 173 to 143 as soon as they arrive on 173. Good luck to you and please keep us updated. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 27/11/2018 at 12:59, Marilyn said:

Gosh that is what scares me with applying for the 600 and its not issued within the 12 months

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 20 June 2015.

On 28/11/2018 at 07:00, jimbob007 said:

We are now waiting for the Acceptance letter from AOS, the to be asked to pay the second Vac, then the Grant shouldn't belong after that.

When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 20 June 2015.

On 28/11/2018 at 06:50, jimbob007 said:

We thought it would, we knew we had to be off shore for it to granted.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 29 June 2015.

On 28/11/2018 at 06:50, jimbob007 said:

We thought it would, we knew we had to be off shore for it to granted.

Moved 9 Days 

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:13, Alan Collett said:

FYI (and the information of others) the PVC is now issuing invoices for 2nd VACs for offshore parent visa applications that can be settled via BPay or PostBillPay (Australia Post's solution).

Until recently this was only possible for onshore parent applications.

Best regards.

I take it this is Offshore only, so if you apply onshore you would still have to snail mail a cheque or pay the huge credit card fees?

1 hour ago, Lenses said:

I take it this is Offshore only, so if you apply onshore you would still have to snail mail a cheque or pay the huge credit card fees?

Why do you think that?

It has been possible to pay VACs for onshore parent visa applications using these means for quite a while now.

Best regards,

18 hours ago, AKB said:

@Alan Collett Our recent 2nd VAC request for 143 grant did not offer BPay or PostBillPay. Just the usual bank guaranteed cheque or C/C. 

How recent is "recent" please?

Remember that procedures change.   Or maybe our clients are luckier than others?  <grin>

A client of ours received a 2nd VAC request for a subclass 143 visa application with an invoice dated 21 Nov 2018 with payment allowed by BPay and PostBillPay.

Best regards.

47 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

How recent is "recent" please?

Remember that procedures change.   Or maybe our clients are luckier than others?  <grin>

A client of ours received a 2nd VAC request for a subclass 143 visa application with an invoice dated 21 Nov 2018 with payment allowed by BPay and PostBillPay.

Best regards.

Hi @Alan Collett, can you confirm if the client's file number prefix is BCC?

According to the letter I received:

PAYMENT OPTIONS - If your file is a BCC file you will receive a Tax Invoice.  If your file is an OSF file you will not receive a Tax Invoice.

I think the tax invoice has more payment options.