4 hours ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

Hi All

Finally after 42 months and 3 days, i just got the GRANT email last night 🙂

Goodluck to you all 🙂

143 lodged on 15June15

Contacted by immi for health check and AOS on 01/04/18

Applied AOS on 09/04/18

AOS done on 27/08/18

Case officer assigned on 29/10/18 and request for form 80 and AOS approval letter

FINAL VAC request on 29/11/18

Visa Granted 03/12/18

Congratulations dear

6 hours ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

Finally after 42 months and 3 days, i just got the GRANT email last night 

How did you make the payment so quickly? Our email says only bank cheque or credit card.

Posting a bank cheque from Sydney to Perth is likely to take a few days.

On 03/12/2018 at 13:08, rocketman5803 said:

My dad's application was lodged on June 2, 2015. The last update on the visa was 7 weeks ago where team pvc1 was requesting more documents which I supplied almost instantly. Nothing heard back from them since then. I am starting to get a bit nervous now as they have apparently moved up to June 29, 2015. Is there any other way to get in touch with them? Obviously replying to the same email will get you nothing other than an auto-reply.

Still waiting...

30 minutes ago, rocketman5803 said:

The last update on the visa was 7 weeks ago where team pvc1 was requesting more documents which I supplied almost instantly.

What documents did they request? We went straight to 2nd VAC request after submitting the AOS paperwork a few months ago. The fact that you've been asked for additional documents makes me think your case isn't as straight forward as some others that have been processed already

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

Hi All

Finally after 42 months and 3 days, i just got the GRANT email last night 🙂

Goodluck to you all 🙂

143 lodged on 15June15

Contacted by immi for health check and AOS on 01/04/18

Applied AOS on 09/04/18

AOS done on 27/08/18

Case officer assigned on 29/10/18 and request for form 80 and AOS approval letter

Visa Granted 03/12/18

Congratulations 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

On 23/11/2018 at 07:20, Sadge said:

Quite some time ago somebody (sorry, can't remember who), posted some very useful information about combining(?) linking(?) UK State and private pensions into the Australian system, for those who are working - like my daughter.

I have searched for the post but without success so far - if anybody can point me to the posts(s) I'd be very grateful.  

Presumably, retired people who are taking their pensions from the UK would just transfer funds from their UK bank, and it would be treated as income?

Hoping somebody can help with my query?

16 hours ago, thomas1965 said:

What documents did they request? We went straight to 2nd VAC request after submitting the AOS paperwork a few months ago. The fact that you've been asked for additional documents makes me think your case isn't as straight forward as some others that have been processed already

They were asking for amendments to some 47pa pages, my dad's household register notarial certificate. Because I submitted the documents as they became available, so they were supplied in different emails. The PVC1 team had different people respond to my various emails asking for documents present in other emails, which is frustrating, but I am fairly sure I had responded to all their queries. My last update was uploading the newest household register certificate (not sure why they kept asking for this, as they never told me what they deemed wrong), which was nearly two months ago. I even gave them my contact number in case they want to get in touch. Without a way to contact them, I am basically sitting here not even knowing whether they had received my documents or not.

3 minutes ago, rocketman5803 said:

They were asking for amendments to some 47pa pages, my dad's household register notarial certificate. Because I submitted the documents as they became available, so they were supplied in different emails. The PVC1 team had different people respond to my various emails asking for documents present in other emails, which is frustrating, but I am fairly sure I had responded to all their queries. My last update was uploading the newest household register certificate (not sure why they kept asking for this, as they never told me what they deemed wrong), which was nearly two months ago. I even gave them my contact number in case they want to get in touch. Without a way to contact them, I am basically sitting here not even knowing whether they had received my documents or not.

We also had to submit some documents a few times. They claimed they didn't receive our previous emails.

19 minutes ago, Peter2 said:

We also had to submit some documents a few times. They claimed they didn't receive our previous emails.

I wish they would at least let me know whether they had received it or not, or are they in the process of reviewing them. Instead, I've been left in the dark for two months...

4 hours ago, Sadge said:

Hoping somebody can help with my query?

Hi, we are both in receipt of uk state pensions plus my husband also gets a private pension. Since we received our visa we have obtained Australian tax file numbers. We then completed uk tax forms (Individual tax form 2003), which we sent to ATO in Victoria for authorising our residential status and them forwarding them to HMRC UK. This should enable us to have our pensions paid gross in UK and sent directly to Australia where if applicable tax will be taken. We also completed HMRC forms for any tax rebate P85 on line. We had to contact ATO after a couple of weeks to expedite the Indivual forms 2003, which they escalated and dealt with in 48 hrs. Still waiting to hear from UK.

Hope this helps Geoff & Gill

• Like 3

20 hours ago, thomas1965 said:

How did you make the payment so quickly? Our email says only bank cheque or credit card.

Posting a bank cheque from Sydney to Perth is likely to take a few days.

FYI (and the information of others) the PVC is now issuing invoices for 2nd VACs for offshore parent visa applications that can be settled via BPay or PostBillPay (Australia Post's solution).

Until recently this was only possible for onshore parent applications.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi, we are both in receipt of uk state pensions plus my husband also gets a private pension. Since we received our visa we have obtained Australian tax file numbers. We then completed uk tax forms (Individual tax form 2003), which we sent to ATO in Victoria for authorising our residential status and them forwarding them to HMRC UK. This should enable us to have our pensions paid gross in UK and sent directly to Australia where if applicable tax will be taken. We also completed HMRC forms for any tax rebate P85 on line. We had to contact ATO after a couple of weeks to expedite the Indivual forms 2003, which they escalated and dealt with in 48 hrs. Still waiting to hear from UK.

Hope this helps Geoff & Gill

Don't forget to investigate the tax deduction for the Undeducted Purchase Price (UPP) of your pensions.

Best regards.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thomas1965 said:

What's your initial entry date? Just wondering how long you get to enter, once the visa is granted. I know there's some comments about this earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find them easily.

The required initial entry date is usually 12 months from the earlier of the date of police clearance certificates and medical examinations.

Which is why it is best not to arrange them too soon.

Best regards.

When we were granted 173 back in June 2016 the waiting time for conversion to 143 was 3 to 6 months. Last Feb 2018 I was perplexed and horrified to see waiting time increased to over a year. Seeing this we applied immediately even though only had 173 for 20 months.   With a sick MIL in uk we had to apply for bridging visa so we could travel immediately if required.  Worryingly we were granted a 2 year bvb and felt higher powers knew more than us. Now after 10 months and still waiting and see update says 9 Feb for processing and we are 23 Feb. 

Looking at all the posts about long aos delays I realised this is going to affect me shortly.  My brain started meandering- because it has time with all the waiting!! and I cannot help asking why is AOS taking so long. We all know they were more than capable just over a year ago processing in around 6 weeks. So have the number gone up - NO as stats I have seen on here indicate less than capped figure are being processed, less staff - come on that would mean staff cut at least tenfold and is highly unlikely each individual centre link had more than 10 staff that would mean 0 staff???  We are well past the debacle regarding changes back in April. So I’m left with political interference to holding back us poor pawns on 173 who are on bridging visas and don’t count as migrants until granted 143!  I may be considered a mere migrant but I’m not a stupid migrant  

My meanderings also lead me to consider whether there is a desparity in AOS waiting times at different centre links. I can think of at least 5 centre link locations close to me. Has anyone collated recent stats for different branches, does my sponsor have a choice of centre links as she works near one and lives near a different one. 

Alan Collett this May be one for you to mull over. Is it possible to save weeks even months selecting centre links branches who demonstrate shorter turnaround times. 

I maybe naive assuming As the paying customer in terms of the parents contributory visa and therefore should be offered some choice!!  Or does my sponsor have to use a centre link branch dictated by the powers above. 

Any thoughts!

kim 

2 hours ago, Skeelsy said:

When we were granted 173 back in June 2016 the waiting time for conversion to 143 was 3 to 6 months. Last Feb 2018 I was perplexed and horrified to see waiting time increased to over a year. Seeing this we applied immediately even though only had 173 for 20 months.   With a sick MIL in uk we had to apply for bridging visa so we could travel immediately if required.  Worryingly we were granted a 2 year bvb and felt higher powers knew more than us. Now after 10 months and still waiting and see update says 9 Feb for processing and we are 23 Feb. 

I am still waiting for my 173 to be granted and already planning on applying for the conversion to 143 on the day I land and activate my visa so it give me 24 months grace without stressing.  I really hope it works out for you and soon.

• Thanks 1