Guest guest36187

3 hours ago, Kath said:

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can access Medicare on a Bridging visa A for a 804 parent visa

Thank you

I found this, so with 804 granted you can

• stay in Australia indefinitely
  • work and study in Australia
  • enrol in Australia's public healthcare scheme, Medicare
  • sponsor your relatives to come to Australia
  • apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible

Submitting an application for this visa does not make you eligible to enrol in Medicare. You are not eligible to enrol in Medicare while we process your application unless your country has a reciprocal healthcare agreement with Australia.

( so looks like answer is only medicare cover that would be covered under reciprocal agreement with UK I also believe you have to be over 65.5 years old and this will go up over over the years to same age as Australia aged pension. )

Also for the 600 it now appears mandatory that the 12 in 18 month condition will apply. See this 

It is a condition of this visa that you don't stay in Australia for a total of more than 12 months in an 18-month period. If you currently hold a Visitor visa, a Working Holiday visa, a Work and Holiday visa or a bridging visa, and grant of this visa would mean you stay in Australia for more than 12 consecutive months, you will need to show there are exceptional circumstances. 

Edited by LindaH27

Hi

At last there has been some movement on 143/173 visas but alas none on 864/884:

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 29 June 2015.

·         ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864 and 884)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including  (but not limited to)  an Assurance of Support (subclass 864 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 27 October 2016.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

Hi

At last there has been some movement on 143/173 visas but alas none on 864/884:

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 29 June 2015.

·         ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864 and 884)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including  (but not limited to)  an Assurance of Support (subclass 864 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 27 October 2016.

I agree, not a single visa issued for over 2 years. not sure if this is correct,  but the theory is that the application dates have been bought in line with the 143/173 application dates?

So whereas when we applied March 2017 with we thought a 1 year wait, if aligned to the 143 it’s lets say it’s now 4 years!! The totally misleading facts/information on the government web sites is just dishonest.

We have withdrawn our application and reapplied under the 143 pathway for retirees on the 410/405 retirement visas, as theoretically there will be extra places available for us, starting this year and we lodged in the first week.No idea if this will happen, but as we already live here,  we can wait it out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vicky bajwa said:

Hiiii dear. Whats your status. ?How long you are waiting after aos completion for 2nd VAC request ? Please 

@vicky bajwa AoS Acceptance letter arrived 9.11.2018. PVC requested docs a week later, still waiting for 2nd VAC request. (143 lodged 15.6.2015) 

28 minutes ago, dunken said:

Hello Everyone... I applied 173 visa for my parents in December 2016. 

Is it possible to change 173 application to 143 application without loosing any processing time? Please help

I have written to immigration on behalf of my parents to check the same thing. Their advice was that  we have to withdraw the 173 and apply for a new 143 , and my parents  will loose their place in the queue as it will be a new application.

So Dunken , hold on to your spot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bear2015 said:

I have written to immigration on behalf of my parents to check the same thing. Their advice was that  we have to withdraw the 173 and apply for a new 143 , and my parents  will loose their place in the queue as it will be a new application.

So Dunken , hold on to your spot. 

Thanks for your help. I wish we could apply for 143 without loosing any processing time. Its better to hold position in queue for 173 because processing time is getting worse day by day. When i applied in 2016, i thought it will take only 2 years, now i feel it will take 2 more years for 173 and then we have to apply 143. I’m not sure if my parents have to do medicals again when we apply 143. I  dont want to loose money paid for 173 visa if immi reject 143  application for any stupid reason. 

Anyways, Did your parents get 173 or still waiting?

My dad's application was lodged on June 2, 2015. The last update on the visa was 7 weeks ago where team pvc1 was requesting more documents which I supplied almost instantly. Nothing heard back from them since then. I am starting to get a bit nervous now as they have apparently moved up to June 29, 2015. Is there any other way to get in touch with them? Obviously replying to the same email will get you nothing other than an auto-reply.

Hi all,

I have had lots of help and advice from the forum and have started a new topic

Buying / building a house in Perth

I hope to be able to answer some questions about house buying building especially in Perth as every state has different markets and ways of doing things.

We have bought some land now and chosen a house design so when the paperwork comes back from the shire we will start our build. I hope to have a blog and a youtube recording of how the build is going which might be of help and interest.

I see the wait is getting longer and things are changing. Hopefully at least I hope Brexit is sorted by the time you arrive as it has killed our exchange rate !

Good luck

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa180500128-decision-letter.pdf

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/foi/files/2018/fa180500128-document-released.pdf

Have just seen this Freedom of Information request disclosure.

I believe it is in line with previously discussed application numbers, but some might be interested.

Best regards.

So it seems that contributory 143 visa applications now outnumber those of non contributory 103 applicants for the first time! That’s a lot of potential money for the government!! Given that 143 is allegedly a faster process 103 applicants will face a much longer wait time, and 143 is now stretching to 5 years or more   Im expecting more cuts in immigration numbers to come in the Budget too!  

It also seems to imply that from 1 April 2018 to end June 18 (3 months ) there was again a substantial increase in 143 applicants  

By  way I liked the explanation that they were all at various stages of assessment when most are still stuck in the queue not having been looked at. 😳😊

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1

@dunken I am in the same position I have applied for the 173 - there is a physical advantage whereby your folks can be in Australia whilst on the 173 and doing the switch to 143 - for the 173 we won't have to do AOS at this time as there is nearly a 18 - 20 week delay so when it gets to processing ours it will be quicker when they ask for Form 80, Medical and Police Clearance and payment of 2nd VAC.

The only disadvantage is a financial one as it is slightly more expensive a difference in total by $4,260 and also the chance the AOS maybe increased in 2019 from $10,000 to $15,000 for a single parent.

7 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

@dunken I am in the same position I have applied for the 173 - there is a physical advantage whereby your folks can be in Australia whilst on the 173 and doing the switch to 143 - for the 173 we won't have to do AOS at this time as there is nearly a 18 - 20 week delay so when it gets to processing ours it will be quicker when they ask for Form 80, Medical and Police Clearance and payment of 2nd VAC.

The only disadvantage is a financial one as it is slightly more expensive a difference in total by $4,260 and also the chance the AOS maybe increased in 2019 from $10,000 to $15,000 for a single parent.

Hi if you are still waiting for 143 beyond the 2 years after 173 granted I think you go on a bridging  visa. Does  this mean  you would lose Medicare entitlement and have to take out private health insurance? 

Edited by LindaH27

1 hour ago, LindaH27 said:

Hi if you are still waiting for 143 beyond the 2 years after 173 granted I think you go on a bridging  visa. Does  this mean  you would lose Medicare entitlement and have to take out private health insurance? 

I plan to do the switch from 173 to 143 as soon as I have activated my 173 I won't be waiting for the 2 year grace rather just get it started as there will already be a delay with AOS. At least I will be in Australia then and try to avoid bridging visa. 

• Like 1

Hi All

Finally after 42 months and 3 days, i just got the GRANT email last night 🙂

Goodluck to you all 🙂

143 lodged on 15June15

Contacted by immi for health check and AOS on 01/04/18

Applied AOS on 09/04/18

AOS done on 27/08/18

Case officer assigned on 29/10/18 and request for form 80 and AOS approval letter

FINAL VAC request on 29/11/18

Visa Granted 03/12/18

Edited by KATE PHUONG LAM
  • Like 15
  • Congratulations 1