Guest guest36187

·         OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173)
When your application is allocated to a case officer, you or your authorised contact will be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application. 

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to 20 June 2015.

As of today 24.11.2018

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tulip1 said:

In about 4.5/5 years I’d think 

It really depends on how many people the politicians decide they want to allow in each year....they are cutting back year on year, and as there have been more and more applications the length of wait can change drastically.  we were quoted 18 months to 2 years when we applied August 2015, and we're still waiting and haven't been asked to prepare documents or medicals etc yet!  Probably will be 3.5 - 4 years for us....so no idea about your timeline.  Best advice just live life as normal until you hear ...don't expect it at a certain time or you'll get really depressed!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

It really depends on how many people the politicians decide they want to allow in each year....they are cutting back year on year, and as there have been more and more applications the length of wait can change drastically.  we were quoted 18 months to 2 years when we applied August 2015, and we're still waiting and haven't been asked to prepare documents or medicals etc yet!  Probably will be 3.5 - 4 years for us....so no idea about your timeline.  Best advice just live life as normal until you hear ...don't expect it at a certain time or you'll get really depressed!

Many thanks.. not good news as I was quoted 2.5 - 3 years when I submitted my application.. if I had known it would take that long I could have gone for a different visa as I will have my pension before I get there. So no need to work!

I think all of us in the queue were expecting to be there in the timescale quoted when we applied but due to ( I think it was a 40%) increase in applications in May/June 2014, the waiting time has got longer and longer. If you look at peoples timelines you will see applications from June 2015 are being processed at the moment, your applications is 3 years after theirs. Hopefully the temporary 5 year visa will be passed next year and possibly this could allow you to be there sooner.  Nothing worth having comes easy so be prepared for a long wait but people that been granted their visas say it was all worth it. We are hoping to be there about this time next year!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danny2729 said:

Many thanks.. not good news as I was quoted 2.5 - 3 years when I submitted my application.. if I had known it would take that long I could have gone for a different visa as I will have my pension before I get there. So no need to work!

Who quoted you such a short timeframe? The immigration site and forums such as this has stated the known realistic timeframes for a long time 

15 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Having trouble on the new website. Can anybody tell me the form to declare that my daughter (sponsor) has changed address please? 

Hi Linda,

If it was me, I'd use Form 1022.  I've used this form successfully in the past to declare that my daughter (sponsor) has Australian Citizenship.

Good luck.

David

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used form 1022 to advise my son's change of address, change of job and that he now has a child.  Printed and posted the form 7 weeks ago to the Perth address I used for the initial application and have not had a response.  With my son's changes and responsibilities he's now concerning himself with exactly what the AoS involves as we age.  Sensible but makes me feel decrepit already and with the stress the long wait for a visa is causing everyone I'm beginning to think 'blow it, I'll spend the cost on flights instead'.  Must admit that despite its problems I am grateful for the NHS and free prescriptions and there is much of UK that I would miss.  However we shall see what damage Brexit does!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Juliet7. 

I can empathise with you about all the queries, waits etc and yes I think most of us would miss the UK for various reasons but as far as “blowing the money on flights”  there will come a time for some of us, whether either physically or mentally,  the thought of such frequent long haul travel is very daunting! Factor in the cost of travel insurance, unoccupied house insurance if over 30 days and a myriad other things and most importantly not seeing as much of the family as you would like. 

Its all very disheartening especially as you say with not really knowing what will happen with Brexit  but I suppose we all just have to move on with life. Don’t think about withdrawing your application yet - wait and see! 

Just my thoughts ....As the queue for 143 rapidly approaches and may surpass the 103 queue surely the govt must realise that charging as much as they do means things have to change. People pay a large sum of money to expedite things but if it’s taking as long as the non contributory 103 people will start to raise questions and push for answers. 

I don’t know the answer to that at all !! 

Tried to edit my last post for clarity but for some reason it wouldn’t let me. 

I do realise that 103 visas are given a smaller allocation than 143 but just wondered how it will play out for allocations in future. 

Guess Australia just doesn’t want parents full stop! And is happy to constantly reduce the grants by taking so long to do them and hope we all give up and go away!

Look at the new criteria for 600 posted above. No mention of 143 visa applicants ?

Edited by LindaH27
Clarity

Thank David! Does this have to be printed out and posted or can it be done through immi account? 
Or if it can be  emailed what’s the best way and address to send to ? 
Thanks in advance!! 

Hi Linda,
I completed the form online and printed it out (it doesn’t allow you to save the pdf file). I scanned it and emailed it to the PVC in Perth. I received an auto reply almost immediately then a few hours later I received a ‘proper’ reply acknowledging receipt and confirming my details had been updated. I did this 11 months ago.
Regards
David
  • Like 1

On 25/11/2018 at 10:01, LindaH27 said:

Having trouble on the new website. Can anybody tell me the form to declare that my daughter (sponsor) has changed address please? 

My sponsors details changed so I emailed the form 1022 and received an email back from them to say the details have been updated. Remember to put your File Ref number in the subject line of your email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/11/2018 at 09:21, LindaH27 said:

Thank you! But looking at your timeline will you have to leave Australia soon? Can you reapply for 600 visa as you will surely start hearing soon about AOS etc? 

We are leaving on the 3rd Dec, we applied for an other 600 but was rejected. staying out until visa is Granted. AOS Paid 26.11.2018.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

Gosh that is what scares me with applying for the 600 and its not issued within the 12 months

@Marilyn can you do me a favour? Have a look at the criteria for 600 as I can’t see anything that relates to 173 or 143 visa applicants. Seems to imply either you haven’t already applied for a parent visa or you’ve applied for 103? 

Obviously will dictate whether I try for it or not! 

Edited by LindaH27