Guest guest36187

12 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Hope you do soon.  Still wondering why we’ve heard nothing yet concerning medical police etc when we’re only 6 weeks behind you yet you started to process in May?  Very disheartening.  Think maybe ours won’t happen until July of next year...when they start the new year of visas??

Hi - what I think happened was IMMI started asking applicant to start processing Form 80, Police Certificates and Medicals then they realised that there was such a delay at Centrelink and a lot of the medicals and police certificates would expire before the case officer was assigned so they stopped asking after applications dated 1st July 2015 and onwards - this is just my theory from what I read in past posts. I stand to be corrected.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, superman2016 said:

It moved 8 days from 11/06/2015 to 20/06/2015 in 8 weeks.

Come on Immi, please send an invite to July onward lodgers to prepare AOS.

Kev

Maybe they know the time it’s going to take so not asking yet as our medical and police checks may run out?

On 12/11/2018 at 09:31, Rosiejaq said:

Hope you do soon.  Still wondering why we’ve heard nothing yet concerning medical police etc when we’re only 6 weeks behind you yet you started to process in May?  Very disheartening.  Think maybe ours won’t happen until July of next year...when they start the new year of visas??

They are processing up to 20th June 2015, I think when they have completed June 2015, thing will move a bit quicker, fingers crossed  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Hi - what I think happened was IMMI started asking applicant to start processing Form 80, Police Certificates and Medicals then they realised that there was such a delay at Centrelink and a lot of the medicals and police certificates would expire before the case officer was assigned so they stopped asking after applications dated 1st July 2015 and onwards - this is just my theory from what I read in past posts. I stand to be corrected.

You could be right, just hope ours do not run out.

On 07/11/2018 at 00:41, Karen j said:

For me, the aos took 27 weeks from lodgement to interview,. My daughter in law spent hours on the phone to centre link to be told it takes 18 weeks. After the interview They said allow five days for a letter instructing her to transfer the bond then it will be four weeks before everything is sent to to the department for processing

Any update.?

Just found some information about the retirement visa places. And it doesn’t look too bad for 173/143 visas, with just a small number of places allocated over several years.

Quote - "Within these Parent category places, a small number of places will be allocated to the Pathway. Pathway places will be allocated over a number of years starting in 2018-19.

Priority will be given to those who apply under the Contributory Parent (subclass 143) category, with no allocation of Parent (subclass 103) Pathway places for grant in at least the first four years of the program. Waiting times for Parent (subclass 103) visas are significantly longer than those for Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visas."

Also the global processing times webpage appears to have been updated (43 – 48 months)

Edited by SusieRoo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

Also the global processing times webpage appears to have been updated (43 – 48 months)

It looks like they have changed the whole website (again) once you get used to something they change it! I can't seem to find that page where it shows the months (78% and 90%) please could you post the link when you get a chance. The page I find is just a processing diagram 

Edited by Marilyn
addition

48 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I just don't get it. How can they say 48 months when they are giving out max 7k a year and there are far more then 28k in the queue?

We’ve been waiting 39 months and still have not had an invite to proceed with Aos etc so we expect 48 months at least, but then we were told 18 when we started....you really can not take their date as gospel, and if you applied today I would suggest just get on with living and don’t think about the date at all!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I just don't get it. How can they say 48 months when they are giving out max 7k a year and there are far more then 28k in the queue?

You are comparing apples and oranges.

The published processing time is a historic indicator - ie how long it has taken for applications that are being decided now to be processed from the time the application was submitted.

What (I suggest) most want to know is not this statistic, but approximately how long an application will take if it is submitted now, or if it was lodged 12/24/36 months ago. 

A resource akin to the queue date calculator for 103s and 804s would help manage the expectations of 143 and 864 visa applicants.   IMHO.

Best regards.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Karen j said:

My daughter transferred the bond for the aos on the 1st November. She was told the paperwork would be transferred to be processed in four weeks time. 

Hi Has  your Daughter  had a letter of approval from AOS team ?

15 hours ago, Karen j said:

My daughter transferred the bond for the aos on the 1st November. She was told the paperwork would be transferred to be processed in four weeks time. 

22 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

You are comparing apples and oranges.

The published processing time is a historic indicator - ie how long it has taken for applications that are being decided now to be processed from the time the application was submitted.

What (I suggest) most want to know is not this statistic, but approximately how long an application will take if it is submitted now, or if it was lodged 12/24/36 months ago. 

A resource akin to the queue date calculator for 103s and 804s would help manage the expectations of 143 and 864 visa applicants.   IMHO.

Best regards.

Totally spot on, I'm sure that's what we all want. It would be great to see it broken down by year like you mention above or even 6 months.  New to the game applicants see this and think gosh that's a long time not knowing that they will be waiting probably years longer 

16 hours ago, Karen j said:

She was told when she got the letter of approval which was on the 1st Nov, to transfer the bond and the paperwork would be sent in 4-5 weeks

A quickest way i guess to get the approval letter from centrelink is that your daughter should connect her centrelink with the my gov account

so centrelink people will just send her an email (in her my gov inbox) instead of mail and its so much quicker, i get my letter after the phone interview within 4 days in August 

On 14/11/2018 at 21:16, Marilyn said:

It looks like they have changed the whole website (again) once you get used to something they change it! I can't seem to find that page where it shows the months (78% and 90%) please could you post the link when you get a chance. The page I find is just a processing diagram 

Global processing times

Search
Showing 1 item that matches your criteria Reset search
sorted by                            Visa A-Z                                                                                     
Visa Stream 75% Of Visas Processed 90% Of Visas Processed Additional Information
143 - Contributory Parent (subclass 143)   43 months 48 months  

• Thanks 1

Has anyone applied in May 2015 but has not received 2nd Vac Request yet?

I am still waiting for request from the home affairs.

Is there a way I can contact the home affairs to check what is delaying the progress?

I emailed to follow up few times but no responses were received 😞

Yun

1 minute ago, envinur said:

Has anyone applied in May 2015 but has not received 2nd Vac Request yet?

I am still waiting for request from the home affairs.

Is there a way I can contact the home affairs to check what is delaying the progress?

I emailed to follow up few times but no responses were received 😞

Yun

Phone Centerlink.