Guest guest36187

On 26/10/2018 at 12:33, Catlady2014 said:

@Mrs Depp, I don't know if you can get the initial entry/validation date extended.  I think you'll have to contact Perth.  Or can you take a quick trip into Aus to validate and then back home again to sort whatever it is that needs to be sorted? 

Any update regarding aos plss? Today it's 11 weeks since lodgement. Anyone near please update other members . Thanks

For me, the aos took 27 weeks from lodgement to interview,. My daughter in law spent hours on the phone to centre link to be told it takes 18 weeks. After the interview They said allow five days for a letter instructing her to transfer the bond then it will be four weeks before everything is sent to to the department for processing

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

@Marilyn I do hope things work out for you! The delays in processing have impacted on quite a lot of people. Just be aware that the 600 visa will sometimes carry the only 12 months stay in any 18 and must maintain health  insurance which is very expensive. It seems to be pot luck whether you get those conditions or not! 

I hear you....I been looking back at other posts to do with 600 on here and see there is a pattern for those 2015 applicants who have now applied for 600 visa do not have any restrictions except No work or study for more than 3 weeks and they were not asked for any private insurance and those 2016 applicants received all the restrictions - I been reading AMP and Wishful past posts and they are both lodged around my time with no restrictions so maybe that maybe a positive for me, also having applied for 173 I won't have the delay of AOS approval

Edited by Marilyn
addition

I hear you....I been looking back at other posts to do with 600 on here and see there is a pattern for those 2015 applicants who have now applied for 600 visa do not have any restrictions except No work or study for more than 3 weeks and they were not asked for any private insurance and those 2016 applicants received all the restrictions - I been reading AMP and Wishful past posts and they are both lodged around my time with no restrictions so maybe that maybe a positive for me, also having applied for 173 I won't have the delay of AOS approval

Hi Marilyn,
We have a lodgement date of 16 July 2015 and we have all the restrictions (including 12 in 18 and private medical insurance) on our 600 visa.
Sorry to hear of your woes. The waiting is frustrating and painful, even on a 600.
Good luck.
David

9 hours ago, Marilyn said:
11 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I think it’s a bit of a lottery which conditions are applied not quite as cut and dry as you think. Our CPV application is March 2016 and our 600’s which we got Jan 2018 only have the conditions re work and studying. We would like to apply for 2nd 600’s in the future but even though current 600’s don’t have the 12/18 month restriction our migration agent is pretty sure we won’t get one until we’ve been out of Australia for 6 months 😩. Have noticed on another chat that a March 2016 CPV applicant has been advised by their agent that it could be 2 years until they get a case officer 😩😩😩😩. We came over to Australia in April this year when processing time was sitting at 3 years thinking that our current 600 conditions would see us through to CPV grant. Not a chance!

• Sad 1

On 05/11/2018 at 15:18, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

does it mean that we can fill in the credit card detail and send it back to them? otherwise cheque?

my visa was applied on 15Jun15, and case officer has contacted me for form 80 last week

hopefully i will get the 2nd payment request soon 

Have you  had contact from AOS? 

4 hours ago, David Leask said:

Hi Marilyn,
We have a lodgement date of 16 July 2015 and we have all the restrictions (including 12 in 18 and private medical insurance) on our 600 visa.
Sorry to hear of your woes. The waiting is frustrating and painful, even on a 600.
Good luck.
David

1 hour ago, MajHam said:

I think it’s a bit of a lottery which conditions are applied not quite as cut and dry as you think. Our CPV application is March 2016 and our 600’s which we got Jan 2018 only have the conditions re work and studying. We would like to apply for 2nd 600’s in the future but even though current 600’s don’t have the 12/18 month restriction our migration agent is pretty sure we won’t get one until we’ve been out of Australia for 6 months 😩. Have noticed on another chat that a March 2016 CPV applicant has been advised by their agent that it could be 2 years until they get a case officer 😩😩😩😩. We came over to Australia in April this year when processing time was sitting at 3 years thinking that our current 600 conditions would see us through to CPV grant. Not a chance!

Take a look at the none return Date on your 600. and if you have not gone passed that date, you can go out of Oz and return the day before, you will then have 12 months from then, and hopefully you 143 will kick in by then.

Regarding the second 600 visa, I wrote a little while ago that we applied for another 600 visa immediately after we left Oz having been in oz for 18 months. We were contacted within two days and granted another visa but only for 3 months. One of the caveats this time was that we must spend considerable time off shore before we apply for another 600 visa.

I phoned immigration today to try and get clarification as to what "Considerable time" means.

I quickly realised I knew more about the 600 visa that the person on the other end,

I was told:-

I must be off shore to apply for another visa,

Me..can you tell me what considerable time means.

Have you thought about a parent visa?

Me.. Already applied...can you tell me what considerable time means please.

I think a year

Me... Can you tell me where you got that from please.

I'll have to consult my resources, could you hold the call

You have to be off shore for a long time on a 103 visa

Me.. I just want to know about 600 visas please and what considerable time off shore means

I'll consult my resources.

You have to be off shore for 18 months

Me... Where did you find that

Parents of oz residents etc are normally granted 12 months in 18 months.

You've been here for 12 months so now you must wait offshore for 18months.

Me....I think you've got that wrong, can I speak to a supervisor.

No.... Would you like to take part in our telephone survey.

If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

So I'm still no nearer as to what " off shore for a considerable time" means.

When we return to Europe I think we'll wait six months and then reapply or apply for a 3 month ETA visa as it's free just to see if it's granted.

Anybody know the answer?? to the "considerable time" conundrum.

• Confused 3

12 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Take a look at the none return Date on your 600. and if you have not gone passed that date, you can go out of Oz and return the day before, you will then have 12 months from then, and hopefully you 143 will kick in by then.

Have flights booked for a short trip to UK in December 😀. I’m not too optimistic 143 will have kicked in by next December but will worry about that next year!

• Like 1

Thanks Peter

my 143 visa applied for my dad, mom ,and sister

my sister is currently in Australia as student visa

i heard people said that on the 2nd payment request letter, immi will ask " all applicants who are in Australia are required to make arrangement to depart Australia with 28 days of this email ",  but if granted within 2 days super fast like this, means my sister wont need to go offshore you think?

12 minutes ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

Thanks Peter

my 143 visa applied for my dad, mom ,and sister

my sister is currently in Australia as student visa

i heard people said that on the 2nd payment request letter, immi will ask " all applicants who are in Australia are required to make arrangement to depart Australia with 28 days of this email ",  but if granted within 2 days super fast like this, means my sister wont need to go offshore you think?

Honestly it's really hard to tell how long between 2nd vac and visa being granted. Based on the visa tracker sheet, it could be between 3 days to nearly a month.

Anyway, I believe that all applicants have to be out of AU before this visa can be granted because they have to go through custom (or whatever) to activate their visas.

Please don't quote me on this, but apparently the main visa applicant has to activate their visa first. I can't remember where I learned about this though.