Guest guest36187

Anybody recently got AOS interview. Please just update the queue members if any got.  Thanks. 

On 26/10/2018 at 12:33, Catlady2014 said:

@Mrs Depp, I don't know if you can get the initial entry/validation date extended.  I think you'll have to contact Perth.  Or can you take a quick trip into Aus to validate and then back home again to sort whatever it is that needs to be sorted? 

I can't believe this lack of movement is just due to increased applications in June 2015. It all ground to a halt when the changes to AOS were reversed, which makes me think Centrelink's ability to cope is causing the holdup and someones told immi to reduce visa numbers. 

It's the lack of transparency that gets to me, why can't someone just explain the reason for this holdup. Just a message on immi's website or some detail added to immi's test email.

• Like 1

It might also have something to do with the fact that the Australian government have capped the number of staff to 2006-2007 staffing levels in their Budget earlier this year! Their civil service union is campaigning  against this cap and also against privatisation of online visa decisions. Centrelink appears to therefore be having troubles due to lack of staff numbers and their fears for jobs in future. They also apparently had to re- contact those people who failed to get their visa due to the  AOS changes that were immediately effective in April. So they had to look again at the sponsors etc and then carry on the process to grant the visas. This may also have added to the current delay 

From an article I read about Centrelinks diabolical unanswered call rate....

There’s good news and bad news from Centrelink. The good news is that unanswered calls have dropped; the bad news is that in the past year they still numbered nearly 48 million. Needless to say the agency failed – again – to meet customer satisfaction targets and complaints increased rather than dropped.

You may be pleased to know that Human Services Department secretary Renée Leon has acknowledged she does not consider the latest numbers as “mission accomplished”, Fairfax Media reports. “I don't know that we're going to solve it this year, but I hope that we will continue to drive it down,” she said. This is despite the Government approving the employment of 1500 extra labour hire staff in August.

Greens senator Rachel Siewert said: “We thought it was high when we were getting to 22 million, and that was [in] 2014-15, so we've still got a significant way to go. It's good to see it's come down, but sorry if I'm not popping any party poppers yet.”

Complaints about Centrelink hit 237,000 last year, an increase of 68,000, with most relating to long waits and lack of updates on claims.

• Thanks 2

Hi, I hope someone here could help us.

We sent documents to PVC team1 about 2 months ago, and they just told us they didn't receive anything. The agent split documents into multiple emails, so attachment size shouldn't be an issue. Could you tell me if you have sent a large number of files before: how many files were there and total size in the email?

If we already have an agent, can we still contact the department directly to provide documents without affecting current agreement?

Thanks very much!

4 minutes ago, Peter2 said:

Hi, I hope someone here could help us.

We sent documents to PVC team1 about 2 months ago, and they just told us they didn't receive anything. The agent split documents into multiple emails, so attachment size shouldn't be an issue. Could you tell me if you have sent a large number of files before: how many files were there and total size in the email?

If we already have an agent, can we still contact the department directly to provide documents without affecting current agreement?

Thanks very much!

Discuss with your agent is my recommendation.

I'd not always accept what the PVC says, with all due respect to their hard working officers ...

Best regards.

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 15:23, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

I applied on 15/06/15, and just got contact from case officer for form 80

my sister is currently in australia on  student visa.

i just came to know that my sister needs to go back to my country when PR was granted, is it true?

are there any way she can stay back as she is studying high school at the moment 

Thank you 

Are you saying your sister is on your parents visa application as a dependant?  The 143 is an offshore visa and so all applicants need to be offshore when the visa is granted. 

23 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

Anybody recently got AOS interview. Please just update the queue members if any got.  Thanks. 

Nope, no update. we tried calling centrelink couple of times and even sent a fax to the team that is responsible for AOS. But no response from them.

2 hours ago, Sharad Guru said:

If you bother to read Alan Collett’s post in other topics which gives the home affairs link to the pathway for retirees the above is not true.. There is a separate pathway for the retirees to apply for the visa and is not apparently going to affect the number of parents visas issued. 

Edited by ramot

8 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Im not sure actually - the Parliament budget review for 2018-19 seems to differ?

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/BudgetReview201819/Immigration

Scroll down to Retirement category visas

It does seem ambiguous and hopefully Allan Collett can clarify  it ? 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/News/Pages/the-pathway.aspx

The Government sets the planning ceiling for the annual permanent migration program. This planning process includes allocating planning ceilings for the Parent category.

Within these Parent category places, a small number of places will be allocated to the Pathway. Pathway places will be allocated over a number of years starting in 2018-19.

Priority will be given to those who apply under the Contributory Parent (subclass 143) category, with no allocation of Parent (subclass 103) Pathway places for grant in at least the first four years of the program. Waiting times for Parent (subclass 103) visas are significantly longer than those for Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visas.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

Thank you Allan. So it does seem that some places ie a “small number “ will come out of those allocated for parents. It will be interesting to see how many places are allocated as there’s no mention yet of the number they envisage. It doesn’t however  make it clear whether applicants will join the queue or have priority as soon as they apply. 

It's unfair to make the retirement visa people do the medical exam now after living in Australia for all these years. And if the numbers are only low, why not just grant PR outright without any hoops or cost.

And as far as affecting parent waiting times, it's not going to make any difference while immi fails to meet the yearly cap. The speed they are processing parent visas this year will hardly make a dent on the 7175 places available.