Guest guest36187

16 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

Maybe they've changed the rules since last September?  My 143 visa grant was dated 28 September 2017 and quoted :

"initial arrival must be made by 1 February 2018".  

@Alan Collett, do you know if the rules have changed? 

No change to the rules for the required initial entry to Australia

I think vicky bajwa has misunderstood, or the advice given was incorrect.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

No change to the rules for the required initial entry to Australia

I think vicky bajwa has misunderstood, or the advice given was incorrect.

Best regards.

@Mrs Depp, I don't know if you can get the initial entry/validation date extended.  I think you'll have to contact Perth.  Or can you take a quick trip into Aus to validate and then back home again to sort whatever it is that needs to be sorted? 

Edited by Catlady2014
  • Like 2

Apparently if you do not enter by the given date you are in breach of the visa conditions and could therefore lose the visa. Maybe if you contacted immi with extenuating circumstances they may alter the date but I expect they would need the reason to be very strong.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

Maybe they've changed the rules since last September?  My 143 visa grant was dated 28 September 2017 and quoted :

"initial arrival must be made by 1 February 2018".  

@Alan Collett, do you know if the rules have changed? 

Sorry dear . I think I got wrong information . You are been through the the process  . We are in queue. So you know better than us. Anyways thanks for your kind infirmation

• Like 1

There's very strong extenuating circumstances in our case and immigration are aware of these. Still waiting for a response from them and I'm hoping that no news is good news at this stage. They have completed a triage form on our behalf which gets sent to triage dept and they then pass it onto the relevant team. This highlights that it is urgent.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone who had had the initial entry date extended or whether they review and decline regardless. Although, I would like to think this process does mean there is a possibilty that an extension can be granted.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Cheers

28 minutes ago, Mrs Depp said:

There's very strong extenuating circumstances in our case and immigration are aware of these. Still waiting for a response from them and I'm hoping that no news is good news at this stage. They have completed a triage form on our behalf which gets sent to triage dept and they then pass it onto the relevant team. This highlights that it is urgent.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of anyone who had had the initial entry date extended or whether they review and decline regardless. Although, I would like to think this process does mean there is a possibilty that an extension can be granted.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Cheers

Fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

I just rang the immi and they said for 143 which is permanent , there is no mention of entry date and from your entry you have to spent 2 years from 5 yrs with in Australia for renew your Visa.

As I am the applicant of 143, I don't know what's written on Visa paper.But according to them Visa will commence from your entry date and there is no condition on entry.

Are you confusing entry date with validation date? Unless the rules have changed since 2016, you must validate your visa by entering Australia a maximum of twelve months from the date of issue. You dont have to move permanently at this time - you have five years from the date of issue to do that.

1 hour ago, Fisher1 said:

Are you confusing entry date with validation date? Unless the rules have changed since 2016, you must validate your visa by entering Australia a maximum of twelve months from the date of issue. You dont have to move permanently at this time - you have five years from the date of issue to do that.

Yes, it looks like she is confusing the two.  However, the initial entry/validation date is not within 12 months from date of "issue" (grant), it is within 12 months from Police/medicals.  But in any case, the relevant dates to be complied with are clearly stated on the individual visa grant.   

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Given the current long wait for AOS acceptance and subsequent grant of visa there must be iots of people asked for documents and medical etc who now run the risk of having very little time to validate as it has to be within 12 months of those medicals.  

We were coincidentally in Australia when they were ready to issue our Visa so we took a short break to New Zealand and validated on our return. I found that the best option because it was settled all in one go. If I had to do it all again I'd go to oz and validate asap after the visa grant - less chance for slip ups ...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Given the current long wait for AOS acceptance and subsequent grant of visa there must be iots of people asked for documents and medical etc who now run the risk of having very little time to validate as it has to be within 12 months of those medicals.  

Can you go back and do the meds and police check again if the date is ridiculously near?

I applied on 15/06/15, and just got contact from case officer for form 80

my sister is currently in australia on  student visa.

i just came to know that my sister needs to go back to my country when PR was granted, is it true?

are there any way she can stay back as she is studying high school at the moment 

Thank you 

1 hour ago, KATE PHUONG LAM said:

I applied on 15/06/15, and just got contact from case officer for form 80

my sister is currently in australia on  student visa.

i just came to know that my sister needs to go back to my country when PR was granted, is it true?

are there any way she can stay back as she is studying high school at the moment 

Thank you 

Most Prolly she needs to go back at the time of granting PR. 

3 hours ago, superman2016 said:

Hi Roomie,

Deadly silence from IMMI, have anyone recently received an invitation to prepare further documents from them?

Kev

Simple answer is that there was a huge surge in applicants  in 2015 and subsequent years. End June is the end of their financial year so  end June 2015 shows the number of applicants had virtually doubled meaning start of year beginning July 2015 shows queue as over 24000 and as only 7000 are granted every year its going to take a long time to get through June 2015 applicants. (Credit to @Susieroo for the chart)  

368A28C3-57E8-45C0-9784-7A64F9E4BF77.png.c8dfc3a636257071d147b8a08f946ca8.png

2 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

still 12 june 2015

On 20/10/2018 at 07:43, AMP said:

Hi Wishfull!  I’m in Brisbane on a 600 visa, with the same conditions as yours.  I had no problem at all in taking out a private extras insurance policy. I went with Hbf which is a not for profit organisation and it was multiple choice on the options I went for.  Note that some categories of cover only allow claims after you have had the policy for 12 months.  Queensland generally doesn’t charge for emergency ambulance if you can show you have a residential address here, but if you intend to travel into other states then it’s definitely worth having a policy.  

Also, when I came out I just took out travel insurance to cover me for the journey to come here.  I didn’t see any benefits of paying for longer travel insurance.  Not many companies cover for a one way trip so be wary!  I can’t remember now which company I used but can look it up if you are interested. 

Do feel free to contact me by private message if you have any specific queries re being in Brisbane on a 600 visa!  

Hi Wishfull,

We are at  the end of our 600 holiday visa. take a look at the NONE RETURN DATE! then if you leave OZ and return the day before, you will have 12 months from then, before you have to leave,