Guest guest36187

On 20/10/2018 at 07:43, AMP said:

Hi Wishfull!  I’m in Brisbane on a 600 visa, with the same conditions as yours.  I had no problem at all in taking out a private extras insurance policy. I went with Hbf which is a not for profit organisation and it was multiple choice on the options I went for.  Note that some categories of cover only allow claims after you have had the policy for 12 months.  Queensland generally doesn’t charge for emergency ambulance if you can show you have a residential address here, but if you intend to travel into other states then it’s definitely worth having a policy.  

Also, when I came out I just took out travel insurance to cover me for the journey to come here.  I didn’t see any benefits of paying for longer travel insurance.  Not many companies cover for a one way trip so be wary!  I can’t remember now which company I used but can look it up if you are interested. 

Do feel free to contact me by private message if you have any specific queries re being in Brisbane on a 600 visa!  

Hi Wishfull,

We are at  the end of our 600 holiday visa. take a look at the NONE RETURN DATE!!  then if you leave OZ and return the day before, you will have 12 months from then, before you have to leave,

Hi all, my mum wants to apply for a visitor visa while waiting for 143 visa.

In the application, they asked for a queue date. Is it the acknowledgement date? It's a bit confusing because when I clicked on the help icon, it only mentioned 103 visa and that the queue date is not the application date.

My daughter had her telephone interview today for the assurance of support. Documents were submitted on 16th April! She was told she would be notified in 10 days by letter, to transfer the bond and it will be 4-6 weeks before it will be passed to the case officer to be processed.

On 19/06/2018 at 09:51, Pertenhall said:

So, as we have now to resubmit our AoS application after 1st July it looks like we won't have that approved until the end of November.  That'll mean we will probably have to re-do our police checks and medicals.  More expense - but more time time to save up for it!

7 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi all, my mum wants to apply for a visitor visa while waiting for 143 visa.

In the application, they asked for a queue date. Is it the acknowledgement date? It's a bit confusing because when I clicked on the help icon, it only mentioned 103 visa and that the queue date is not the application date.

Yes, I just put the acknowledgement date and it went through OK.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2018 at 12:01, Kathss56 said:

Thanks Angela. It as the right time for me to come over with all my circumstances at the time. Processing was 39mths then at descion to apply for 600 so was only going to be 1 month back home. However as we know it’s got longer and longer and longer! Definitely have to go back for 6 months now. I often wonder should I have rented house out, but with little Henry being born, my office closing down, house price has surged,  it was a no brainer back then ! Hope you are well.x

Well, sometimes the no brainers help us to make decisions, and hindsight is of no value whatsoever!  At least in the meantime you will be  able to enjoy precious time with your new grandson and in this lovely country which you will hopefully soon be able to call your home.  No point dwelling on wondering whether you should have done things differently,  just enjoy what you have now.  All is fine with me, thanks Kath.  Hope it is with you also and hope also that delays in processing our 143s don’t extend any further.

• Like 1

On 20/10/2018 at 10:19, ramot said:

We are long term temporary residents and we can only have very expensive overseas visitors cover. Costs about twice as much for top cover, not complaining it’s the price we pay to live here, but it went up 42%  a few years ago!!! and now about 10% yearly on average, but we get everything covered with no gap to pay. So for a couple of years I have claimed more than the the annual charge.

Hi guys I applied my parents visa on 10/6/2015

and then they requested me further documents like afp on 20th sep 2018 and already submitted everything what ever they requested now it’s been more than a month .... not reply yet

does anyone know how long they take to reply is it normal??? Really frustrating and stressing could anyone please help this???

many thanks in advance

39 minutes ago, Ryan 2017 said:

Hi guys I applied my parents visa on 10/6/2015

and then they requested me further documents like afp on 20th sep 2018 and already submitted everything what ever they requested now it’s been more than a month .... not reply yet

does anyone know how long they take to reply is it normal??? Really frustrating and stressing could anyone please help this???

many thanks in advance

Hi 

Did you pay the second payment?

i applied on 15/06/18 and submit everything on 27/08/18 but still haven't had case officer yet 😞

On 23/10/2018 at 18:57, Bigbobbyg said:

Hello everyone could anyone check with the automated response giving the date being processed for the offshore applicants of the 143 

visa please , I just can’t get a reply , the last one I had gave the 12th of June 2015.

I can't either 😞

1 hour ago, vicky bajwa said:

I think when you get your permanent visa you can enter any time within timeframe of 5 years

No, you can't.  You have to enter and validate your visa within 12 months of the medical/Police clearance.  The visa grant stipulates the exact latest date to enter/validate.  

42 minutes ago, Catlady2014 said:

No, you can't.  You have to enter and validate your visa within 12 months of the medical/Police clearance.  The visa grant stipulates the exact latest date to enter/validate.  

I just rang the immi and they said for 143 which is permanent , there is no mention of entry date and from your entry you have to spent 2 years from 5 yrs with in Australia for renew your Visa.

As I am the applicant of 143, I don't know what's written on Visa paper.But according to them Visa will commence from your entry date and there is no condition on entry.

1 hour ago, vicky bajwa said:

I just rang the immi and they said for 143 which is permanent , there is no mention of entry date and from your entry you have to spent 2 years from 5 yrs with in Australia for renew your Visa.

As I am the applicant of 143, I don't know what's written on Visa paper.But according to them Visa will commence from your entry date and there is no condition on entry.

Maybe they've changed the rules since last September?  My 143 visa grant was dated 28 September 2017 and quoted :

"initial arrival must be made by 1 February 2018".  

@Alan Collett, do you know if the rules have changed?