Guest guest36187

On 15/10/2018 at 12:45, Bev50Bradley said:

Hi there

Youhave not been forgotten, I don’t think anyone who applied from July 15 has heard anything.

i am living in Perth on a E600 visa it last for 12 months but you cannot ask for an extension unless you have extenuating circumstances, you have to leave the country and reapply offshore. I am on my second E600 with no problems. I went back to the U.K. for a visit and reapplied it came through in 4 days.

Hi Bev50Bradley,

I was wondering if you have found out which Centrelink is the most efficient to handle AOS in Perth? Hoping your invitation  comes soon. 

We have just been granted a 600 visa and the only restrictions on it are that we cannot work and can only study for up to 3 months. We plan to travel to Australia for Christmas and then stay on and I have a couple of questions:

We will have travel insurance and the UK reciprocal arrangements for medicare, but we plan to take out limited private medical cover for dentist, ambulance cover etc. Has anyone else on a 600 visa taken out private medical cover and if so did you encounter any problems because you were not permanent residents.

We have been granted a multiple entry 600 visa. If, heaven forbid, after 12 months we have still not been granted our 143 visa, do we simply leave the country for a few days and then re-enter with another 12 months stay allowed or do we have to stay out of the country for 6 months before we can re-enter.

Many thanks

On 15/10/2018 at 12:45, Bev50Bradley said:

Hi there

Youhave not been forgotten, I don’t think anyone who applied from July 15 has heard anything.

i am living in Perth on a E600 visa it last for 12 months but you cannot ask for an extension unless you have extenuating circumstances, you have to leave the country and reapply offshore. I am on my second E600 with no problems. I went back to the U.K. for a visit and reapplied it came through in 4 days.

Did you not have first 600 valid for 3years

mine says 12 months from date of each arrival

so presumably after my first six months Offshore I can return without having to re apply? 

Someone else also mentioned about re applying for their next 12mths? Am confused! 

This is mine.....

0434D8A7-375A-40C3-8533-9D9A4552732F.thumb.jpeg.ff4aebce22742c11715e2267ab4ff570.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

We have just been granted a 600 visa and the only restrictions on it are that we cannot work and can only study for up to 3 months. We plan to travel to Australia for Christmas and then stay on and I have a couple of questions:

We will have travel insurance and the UK reciprocal arrangements for medicare, but we plan to take out limited private medical cover for dentist, ambulance cover etc. Has anyone else on a 600 visa taken out private medical cover and if so did you encounter any problems because you were not permanent residents.

We have been granted a multiple entry 600 visa. If, heaven forbid, after 12 months we have still not been granted our 143 visa, do we simply leave the country for a few days and then re-enter with another 12 months stay allowed or do we have to stay out of the country for 6 months before we can re-enter.

Many thanks

Look at mine below. It tells you if you have to leave for 6months. 

Does it have the condtion number 8558?

ie. 12in 18 months means you have to leave for 6

my private insurance is with Allianz strictly for the 600 condition 8501 - must have private insurance etc. 

Edited by Kathss56

4 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Look at mine below. It tells you if you have to leave for 6months. 

Does it have the condtion number 8558?

ie. 12in 18 months means you have to leave for 6

my private insurance is with Allianz strictly for the 600 condition 8501 - must have private insurance etc. 

We only have conditions 8101 - no work and 8201 - max 3 months study. We do not have any of the other conditions. The length of stay and and travel are the same as yours, see below:

Length of stay 12 month(s) from the date of each arrival
Travel Multiple entries

50 minutes ago, Wishfull said:

We only have conditions 8101 - no work and 8201 - max 3 months study. We do not have any of the other conditions. The length of stay and and travel are the same as yours, see below:

Length of stay 12 month(s) from the date of each arrival
Travel Multiple entries

Lucky you. I got the dam lot! Private insurance cost me £800!

• Sad 1

I’m wondering whether the 12 in 18 months only applies to those whose application date is way after the dates they are currently assessing ? ie those whose dates are in 2015 do not get that condition as maybe immi think they will get their permanent visa within the first year?? 

Lord knows!! 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Wishfull said:

Many thanks

We took out private health insurance with HBF. We took what they call ‘Extras’ plan, in which you can pick certain things to be covered, ambulance being the most important. We also chose dental minor and major and optical. They knew we were on 600 visa. Also we went to Medicare and got a card which relates to reciprocal agreement with UK, which gaves us cheaper prescription and we had to show it at the doctors. We signed on at a ‘bulk billing’ practitioners so didn’t have any bills to pay. Regarding travel,we came in June 17 and renewed it in March 18 by going to Bali ( our 600 was granted in May 17 so we had th leave and return before this date). Our visa then extended to March 19. Hope theses details help. 

Geoff & Gill

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

We took out private health insurance with HBF. We took what they call ‘Extras’ plan, in which you can pick certain things to be covered, ambulance being the most important. We also chose dental minor and major and optical. They knew we were on 600 visa. Also we went to Medicare and got a card which relates to reciprocal agreement with UK, which gaves us cheaper prescription and we had to show it at the doctors. We signed on at a ‘bulk billing’ practitioners so didn’t have any bills to pay. Regarding travel,we came in June 17 and renewed it in March 18 by going to Bali ( our 600 was granted in May 17 so we had th leave and return before this date). Our visa then extended to March 19. Hope theses details help. 

Geoff & Gill

Thank you Geoff and Gill, your response was really helpful.

Hope you enjoyed your first week as permanent residents!

• Like 1

On 13/10/2018 at 20:50, Elbert said:

Nope, it does not seem to be any quicker as 20 weeks have been passed since the lodgement of our AOS application.

Mine was surprisingly quick - got a call for interview a few days after lodgement. Although, this was when they had bumped up the income requirements ... maybe they were hoping to kill off applications quickly.

The whole thing was done and dusted in about 6 weeks. Unfortunately, it's been ~6 months since we lodged the bond and there's no still sign of a visa. The 10 year bond has turned into a 10.5 year bond and I have no doubt that it'll end up being a 11+ year bond.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

I’m wondering whether the 12 in 18 months only applies to those whose application date is way after the dates they are currently assessing ? ie those whose dates are in 2015 do not get that condition as maybe immi think they will get their permanent visa within the first year?? 

Lord knows!! 

Nope someone way after me hasn’t got these conditions 😩😩

I apologise in advance for being the bearer of negative news  - this is for 143 and 173

75 per cent of applications processed 90 per cent of applications processed
43 months 48 months

Last updated 17 October 2018 (for month ending 30 September 2018)

Edited by Marilyn
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

I apologise in advance for being the bearer of negative news  - this is for 143 and 173

75 per cent of applications processed 90 per cent of applications processed
43 months 48 months

Last updated 17 October 2018 (for month ending 30 September 2018)

Really hoping that when they get past the high quantities of June 15 applications,that they keep insisting is one of the reasons for the  major delay, it might speed up a bit!!!😩

15 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Really hoping that when they get past the high quantities of June 15 applications,that they keep insisting is one of the reasons for the  major delay, it might speed up a bit!!!😩

How do you know about the high numbers on the 15th of June 

6 minutes ago, Bigbobbyg said:

Can anyone check the current assessment date I can’t get a reply to a test e-mail the last date I had was 12th June 2015 for the 143 visa we should all post the latest date when we get one I am sure it would help us all 

Just done it now still 12 June 😩

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

I seriously want to cry! I will be @ 3 years next month - at this rate at the 90% being processed I am looking at 4 years! My poor daughter has a medical procedure she needs doing which will put her out of action for 4 - 6 weeks and she has been waiting for me to come over to help with the kids and now we may need to rethink everything.

Edited by Marilyn

On 13/10/2018 at 04:22, Alan Collett said:

It is patently ridiculous that the AoS has become such a significant hurdle for almost all applicants.

In times gone by an AoS was assessed by the Department of Immigration - it was a painless process that was finalised in two or three weeks:

http://guides.dss.gov.au/guide-social-security-law/9/4/1/20

In the name of efficiency (so I understand - maybe there were other reasons, but they are lost on me) the AoS process moved across to the Department of Social Services through Centrelink.   This was fine initially.   Now the delays are inordinate and inexplicable.    I can only assume that the delays result from policy decisions within Federal Government in the context of the politics of the migration numbers.

Why the DSS can't embed half a dozen staff within the PVC is beyond me.   Interviews with Assurers could be conducted on the phone.   Income details could be delivered electronically, and validated with the ATO.   

It's not rocket science!

Time for an email to my local MP.

Best regards.

Any response from your local MP? 

On 08/10/2018 at 10:44, vicky bajwa said:

Hiii dear when did you apply your AOS?

I have applied mine on 22/08/2018. At that time they said that they will call u within 28 days but till now nothing. Now they are saying from 1 july 2018 the processing time is 6 to 18 weeks for AOS. 

How much time immigration will take after aos for 2 vac?

Please help .Anyone has any idea?

Anyone recently got AoS call??Please really I want to cry loudly. This centreline is really disastrous.