register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

39 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

It was only meant as one of possible reasons for the delay. In fact I remember alerting you to it when it was announced and you thanked me . I was only aiming to present possible reasons and do not  have any axe to grind. Alan Collet who presumably knows more about applicants has a very good blog on this which explains more - is  which is freely available online  

quote....

Subclass 410 and 405 Visa Holders to be Offered Permanent Visas from the Parent Visa Program

The Australian Federal Budget has been handed down today.

Hidden away on page 14 of the revenue measures(pdf reader required) is the following narrative:

The Government will introduce a pathway to permanent residency for holders of Retirement (subclass 410) and Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visas. 

From 2018-19, a portion of the planned parent permanent migration places will be quarantined for retirement visa holders each year. Retirement visa holders in Australia will be eligible to apply onshore for a permanent visa through the Parent (subclass 103) or Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa streams. 

Retirement visa holders will be exempted from some parent visa requirements that they would typically be unable to meet, such as having family in Australia.

The pathway will remain open until all retirement visa holders who wish to transition to permanent residency have done so. 

As part of the establishment of the pathway, the Government will close the subclass 405 visa to new applicants. The subclass 410 visa is already closed to new applicants. 

This measure continues Minister Dutton’s pattern of displacing visa applicants who are already awaiting the progression of an application: he has already undertaken a similar measure when introducing a skilled visa pathway for New Zealand citizens, displacing intending subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa applicants.

While this will be good news for the 405 and 410 visa holders in Australia who have been lobbying for permanent residency for many years the consequence for existing parent visa applicants is likely to be increased delays in the granting of their visas.

Indeed, we think it is surprising that parents of children in Australia – where the balance of family test is satisfied – will apparently be lower in the visa processing pecking order than those who will often have no other family in Australia.

End quote

Yes have read it and you did post first. However as Alan once replied it hasn’t happened yet, as likewise the 5 year parent visa. These new visas often take years to implement. I agree with Alan I don’t think it fair that 410/405 applicants should be fast tracked. Should be a level playing field,visas issued in accordance to lodgement date.

seemed strange the 103/143 visas mentioned, are they off shore visas? Must google it. Rather than the 804/864  visas.

Who knows what the new immigration minister will do.

Have googled seems you can, think you have to go offshore to be granted? still seems more logical to use the onshore ones. 

The longer I have anything to do with immigration the more illogical it gets!!

Edited by ramot
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

It was only meant as one of possible reasons for the delay. In fact I remember alerting you to it when it was announced and you thanked me . I was only aiming to present possible reasons and do not  have any axe to grind. Alan Collet who presumably knows more about applicants has a very good blog on this which explains more - is  which is freely available online  

quote....

Subclass 410 and 405 Visa Holders to be Offered Permanent Visas from the Parent Visa Program

The Australian Federal Budget has been handed down today.

Hidden away on page 14 of the revenue measures(pdf reader required) is the following narrative:

The Government will introduce a pathway to permanent residency for holders of Retirement (subclass 410) and Investor Retirement (subclass 405) visas. 

From 2018-19, a portion of the planned parent permanent migration places will be quarantined for retirement visa holders each year. Retirement visa holders in Australia will be eligible to apply onshore for a permanent visa through the Parent (subclass 103) or Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa streams. 

Retirement visa holders will be exempted from some parent visa requirements that they would typically be unable to meet, such as having family in Australia.

The pathway will remain open until all retirement visa holders who wish to transition to permanent residency have done so. 

As part of the establishment of the pathway, the Government will close the subclass 405 visa to new applicants. The subclass 410 visa is already closed to new applicants. 

This measure continues Minister Dutton’s pattern of displacing visa applicants who are already awaiting the progression of an application: he has already undertaken a similar measure when introducing a skilled visa pathway for New Zealand citizens, displacing intending subclass 189 Skilled Independent visa applicants.

While this will be good news for the 405 and 410 visa holders in Australia who have been lobbying for permanent residency for many years the consequence for existing parent visa applicants is likely to be increased delays in the granting of their visas.

Indeed, we think it is surprising that parents of children in Australia – where the balance of family test is satisfied – will apparently be lower in the visa processing pecking order than those who will often have no other family in Australia.

End quote

I really think this is inconsequential ...the current blockage is due to all the applicants in June/July 2015 which swamped the system.  I don't think immi was expecting such numbers.  We'll just wait our turn and not worry about what might hold itup more...it'll happen if and when it happens!

• Like 3

04.08.2015 143 lodged/06.08.2015 1st payment /12.02.2019 : request for docs, AoS and meds/07.03.2019 : meds done/15.03.2019 : apply police checks/ 18.03.2019 : AoS submitted (paper @ PM Centrelink )/19.03.2019 med queries- further tests  required/13.06.2019 : letter to panel doctors confirming no med probs exist /11.04.2019 : Form 80 & police checks submitted by agent/28.05.2019 : Aos rejected, reassessed & rejected again!/09.07.2019 : request for more info re form 80/Aos reassess/6.8.19:Swap out 1 person from Aos and sub new/9.10.19 Aos bond request/21.10.19 bond paid& Aos accepted/9.12.19 2nd VAC request/12.10.19 2nd VAC paid/ 13.12.2019 Visa granted

bound for mid north coast NSW !  😎 Sunnies now needed....& probably a mask (for bushfire smoke🥺)

flights booked for 31 December 2019....New Year in the air! 🎉🎉😎😎😎

Any updates anyone? It seems everything has come to a standstill except the £ - AUD$ ROE which is very favorable right now.

• Like 1

30th Oct 2015 173 lodged;   02nd Nov 2015 - Acknowledged;  6th Feb 2019 - Request for additional documents ; 2nd Mar 2019 Submitted to PVC Team 1; 24th July - Request to pay 2nd VAC ;  25th July 2019 - VISA GRANTED;  One Way Ticket booked to Sydney for 10th September.

Hello eveyone, a quick question do we have to pay the final payment for all the applicant including dependent child? And does the embassy notify that they have approved the visa and just need to pay the final payment to get the visa finally approved?

Thanks

CPV 14/10/15

1st Vac paid, receipted and acknowledged: 16/10/15

Request for Form 80, Aos and police check: 25/07/19

AOS Completed: 16/10/2019

Request for extra documents for dependent child: 29/10/2019

Extra documents submitted on 21/11/2019.

Second Vac 06/12/19

On 27/09/2018 at 08:19, Elbert said:

wondering if anyone who has applied for AOS in may got an interview call yet? the whole process seems to be stuck and centrelink is not providing any information.

Hiii dear when did you apply your AOS?

I have applied mine on 22/08/2018. At that time they said that they will call u within 28 days but till now nothing. Now they are saying from 1 july 2018 the processing time is 6 to 18 weeks for AOS. 

How much time immigration will take after aos for 2 vac?

Please help .Anyone has any idea?

173 lodgement 11 sept2013, Visa approved 22 Oct 2015, Came to Perth 1 Dec 2015

143 lodgement 28 September 2017, Email for further docs 13August 2018. Police check submitted 30 August 2018.

Aos lodged at centreline joondalup on 22August 2018. 

Interview call 11 March 2019.

Bond paid 25 March 2019

2nd VAC request 6.08.2019

2 hours ago, vicky bajwa said:

Hiii dear when did you apply your AOS?

I have applied mine on 22/08/2018. At that time they said that they will call u within 28 days but till now nothing. Now they are saying from 1 july 2018 the processing time is 6 to 18 weeks for AOS. 

How much time immigration will take after aos for 2 vac?

Please help .Anyone has any idea?

Aos is taking lot longer than that. We applied on last week of may and yet to hear anything back from centrelink.

most people normally get their visa within 2 week after fulfilling the 2nd Vac request

Edited by Elbert

On ‎28‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:54, The Pom Queen said:

I just thought I would remind you all about the Pomsinoz Visa Tracker. Remember it’s for all forum members in all countries.

https://www.australia-visa-timelines.com/

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 09:32, Marilyn said:

Any updates anyone? It seems everything has come to a standstill except the £ - AUD$ ROE which is very favorable right now.

No news, I am a bit in front of you. 3/9/15 have resigned myself that I will be lucky to hear anything before Christmas!

• Sad 1

Applied for 143 3/9/15 Acknowledged 10/9/15

Went to Australia 28/10/17 on 600 was refused extension

Advised by Agent unable to apply for another for 6 months.

Nothing from immi.  Currently in Oz on 3 month Visa.  Request for further docs etc 3/7/19

Coming up 48 months since application.

6 hours ago, michaleasmum said:

No news, I am a bit in front of you. 3/9/15 have resigned myself that I will be lucky to hear anything before Christmas!

My daughter was asking me last night if there is any chance I will be there for Easter and I am so reluctant to put both our hopes up. I am a little fortunate in this instant that I have applied for the 173 so I won't have the delay of the AOS which seems to be the major hold up so my heart wants to say Yes but my head is saying no 😞.  My process will be quick but my position in the queue is becoming debatable.

30th Oct 2015 173 lodged;   02nd Nov 2015 - Acknowledged;  6th Feb 2019 - Request for additional documents ; 2nd Mar 2019 Submitted to PVC Team 1; 24th July - Request to pay 2nd VAC ;  25th July 2019 - VISA GRANTED;  One Way Ticket booked to Sydney for 10th September.

A bit of info re health issues and payments.  Most of you from the UK probably already know that if you are in Australia on a visitor visa then you can apply to Centre link for a Medicare card under the reciprocal arrangements.  You actually have to go into the Centre link office but it’s a very straightforward procedure and the card they grant you is valid for the term of your visa (which is linked to your passport details and which they can view on line). To tide you over until your card comes through they give you a paper document with your Medicare number until your card comes through. 

I had occasion to have to go to the doctor this week with a minor injury to a finger. (A big thorn splinter to be precise).   I made my appointment on Sunday evening, on line, for the following morning.  I went to a bulk billing doctor so there was no charge whatsoever.  I was referred round the corner for an ultrasound on my finger and they squeezed me in the same day.  Again no charge.  Then I had to go back for a minor surgery on the same finger which was done the following day (they did offer to do it the same day).   Again no charge.  The only thing I did have to pay for was $18 for antibiotics.  This is my first experience of using the reciprocal arrangements and I was definitely impressed. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Angela (AMP).

143 lodged 10/12/15. Acknowledgement received by email 14/12/15.  Moved to Brisbane 6/10/17 on 600 visa.  Contact requesting submission of further info and AOS on 8/8/19.  Medical 22/8/19, form 80 30/8/19, police clearances 6/9/19. AOS bond lodged 13/11/19  and accepted 18/11/19. 2nd VAC request 23/1/20, payment 28/1/20.  Email from Immi 4/2/20, visa agreed, just need to leave the country for it to be awarded!

29 minutes ago, AMP said:

A bit of info re health issues and payments.  Most of you from the UK probably already know that if you are in Australia on a visitor visa then you can apply to Centre link for a Medicare card under the reciprocal arrangements.  You actually have to go into the Centre link office but it’s a very straightforward procedure and the card they grant you is valid for the term of your visa (which is linked to your passport details and which they can view on line). To tide you over until your card comes through they give you a paper document with your Medicare number until your card comes through. 

I had occasion to have to go to the doctor this week with a minor injury to a finger. (A big thorn splinter to be precise).   I made my appointment on Sunday evening, on line, for the following morning.  I went to a bulk billing doctor so there was no charge whatsoever.  I was referred round the corner for an ultrasound on my finger and they squeezed me in the same day.  Again no charge.  Then I had to go back for a minor surgery on the same finger which was done the following day (they did offer to do it the same day).   Again no charge.  The only thing I did have to pay for was $18 for antibiotics.  This is my first experience of using the reciprocal arrangements and I was definitely impressed. 

I totally agree, Angela.  I've found the service superb compared to the UK.   One thing I would add is: when getting a prescription filled, you may be asked if you would like a generic medicine rather than a branded one, which will usually be cheaper.   Take the generic where possible.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Saw this on another site today. Article is dated today also. At first I thought it was an old post?,

@Alan Collett ?

E15E9A4F-2975-4823-B47B-EEA01CEB02F9.thumb.jpeg.4993b7339a584852ad30d8adb76995b3.jpeg

Edited by Kathss56

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

7 minutes ago, Kathss56 said:

Saw this on another site today. Article is dated today also. At first I thought it was an old post?,

@Alan Collett ?

E15E9A4F-2975-4823-B47B-EEA01CEB02F9.thumb.jpeg.4993b7339a584852ad30d8adb76995b3.jpeg

There are a lot of dodgy news sites out there that will rehash old news  I know you said you found it on another site, but what was the original source of the article? Is it a reputable news site?

What's the web site address please?

Best regards.

Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas - www.gomatilda.com

Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534; Registered Tax Agent (Australia)

Chartered Accountant (UK, and Australia)

T - 023 81 66 11 55 (UK) or 03 9935 2929 (Australia)

E - alan.collett@gomatilda.com and acollett@bdhtax.com

Just now, Alan Collett said:

What's the web site address please?

Best regards.

Australia forum com Ray Clancy news item. Was posted on Facebook .  Very bad form if it’s the old news item ! 😡

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

4 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

There are a lot of dodgy news sites out there that will rehash old news  I know you said you found it on another site, but what was the original source of the article? Is it a reputable news site?

Obviously I hope not 

I have found the news article you are referencing.

Looks like old news to me.

There's only one forum you should be visiting!  🙂

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I have found the news article you are referencing.

Looks like old news to me.

There's only one forum you should be visiting!  🙂

Best regards.

Haha thank you. I only do visit here really 

but on Facebook anything you show an interest in, it then brings up relatable items via those dam cookies!

i will block them!! 👍

Edited by Kathss56

I've sent feedback to that site, inviting them to check the position.

Best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

I totally agree, Angela.  I've found the service superb compared to the UK.   One thing I would add is: when getting a prescription filled, you may be asked if you would like a generic medicine rather than a branded one, which will usually be cheaper.   Take the generic where possible.  

Also check Chemist Warehouse prices online as they are usually cheaper than others

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

12 hours ago, Catlady2014 said:

did you have to show an NHS card?

6 hours ago, nadette24 said:

did you have to show an NHS card?

No, you need an Australian Medicare card - See AMP's previous post for how to get one under reciprocal arrangements if you are on a visitor visa, or to get one if you have permanent residency.  

• Like 1

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

Hi everyone, well we finally left Melbourne Sunday morning 7th Oct and flew to Auckland for four nights. Our visa was issued on the 8th! Now home, no longer feeling in limbo, took 40 months in total 😀 Woohoo!

i have read that residential visas need a re-entry visa if you travel out of the country after five years , does anyone know if this refers to 143 visas?

Good luck to all left in the waiting room, we feel your pain and uncertainty but it will happen eventually 🤞🏻

Geoff & Gill

• Like 8

CPV 143 lodged, 1st VAC paid, receipted and acknowledged 9th June 2015

Heading to Diggers Rest, Melbourne. Au & UK police checks , form 80 completed and passed to agent 16th Feb, AoS lodged 21st Feb, medicals arranged 26th Feb. Daughter received Centrelink phone call and had interview 4th April. E-mail received 11th April to pay AoS bond at Commonwealth Bank within 14 days. AoS bond lodged 12th April with Centrelink. Letter of Acceptance dated 20th April from Centrelink received by e-mail 23rd April, forwarded to agent. Paid second VAC 21st September, holiday booked to NZ 7th-11th October ( been pre booked for babysitting duties before then. Visa issued 8thOct 2018 for indefinite stay with multiple entries and nil conditions!

2 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi everyone, well we finally left Melbourne Sunday morning 7th Oct and flew to Auckland for four nights. Our visa was issued on the 8th! Now home, no longer feeling in limbo, took 40 months in total 😀 Woohoo!

i have read that residential visas need a re-entry visa if you travel out of the country after five years , does anyone know if this refers to 143 visas?

Good luck to all left in the waiting room, we feel your pain and uncertainty but it will happen eventually 🤞🏻

Geoff & Gill

Congratulations!   We cane over on a 143 a year ago - to the best of my knowledge you have five years from the date the visa was issued to come and go as you please. After that you need a resudents return visa. I'd double check, but I think that's right. Good luck with it all!

• Like 1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Many congratulations!

i believe that yes you would still need an RRV to re enter after 5 years even with 143 visa unless you had become a citizen  by then ( which apparently now takes longer) - or so I was told by a friend! 

• Like 1

143 lodged 21 June 2017