Guest guest36187

Dillon I think the 44-49 months is how long it's actually taking now.  God knows how long it'll take if you applied now!  I applied 9th April 2016 and recon there's 15-20k in the queue before me? with 7k a year getting processed, I reckon I've got a long, painful wait?

6 hours ago, Dillon said:

I presume this is the wait time for those who apply now, or do I have that wrong ?

16 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Sadly I think you’re right. I also believe  the time given is for the ones they are actually processing now, given the figures. Who knows when the rest of us after June 2015 will be contacted! 

My agent told me, two and a half years ago, to live my life as normal while waiting, which I've done but it's still always on my mind.  So I've had to have a rethink of what to do for the next three years and forget about emigrating as best I can?. I look at it as though I'm lucky I've have the opportunity?

When we first thought about coming over on a 600 Visa, we contacted Immigration by phone and spoke to a gentleman who advised us that there had been a big influx of applications in June 15 ( as other people have commented on this forum), but that as we had applied early in the month we might be luckier than some. Maybe that is why they are only contacting people who lodged in June 15 at the moment! Hopefully Centrelink will speed up in the future. It does seem that Global Processing dates affect existing applicants and not just new. We are glad that we took the decision and made the move when we did ( albeit against the advice  of our agent) with the 600 Visa, sold our house early and took a chance. We figured at our age ( 70 & 67 now) time is precious with our family. But everyone has to do what they feel is right for themselves.

Geoff & Gill

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes I (and I guess) many other people have considered 600 visa.   But some people are speculating whether that will be looked at in more depth by home affairs ,  as the current idea around the problems with immigration are now being said to be that of too many temporary migrants rather than permanent ones — see Scott Morrison’s latest view on immigration https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/prime-minister-scott-morrison-exposes-australias-big-immigration-myth/news-story/71425f6c23c8b025c0cd4f5510c09d4c

How that will pan out in practice I don’t know. Probably why they started bringing in the recent 12 month in any 18 rule for 600 visas! .  I’m trying to get on with my life whilst waiting but as a 67  year old I know that the longer the wait the more chance there may be of developing health problems which may impact on the necessary medical. Actually Perhaps that’s what they’re hoping for!! It is difficult because I now find I get fed up with the flight and wonder how much longer I will want to do it - or will be able to do it! Sorry to be so pessimistic but perhaps we all need to be realistic now about the fact that there’s going to be much longer waits for the visa grants 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Yes I (and I guess) many other people have considered 600 visa.   But some people are speculating whether that will be looked at in more depth by home affairs ,  as the current idea around the problems with immigration are now being said to be that of too many temporary migrants rather than permanent ones — see Scott Morrison’s latest view on immigration https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.news.com.au/finance/economy/australian-economy/prime-minister-scott-morrison-exposes-australias-big-immigration-myth/news-story/71425f6c23c8b025c0cd4f5510c09d4c

How that will pan out in practice I don’t know. Probably why they started bringing in the recent 12 month in any 18 rule for 600 visas! .  I’m trying to get on with my life whilst waiting but as a 67  year old I know that the longer the wait the more chance there may be of developing health problems which may impact on the necessary medical. Actually Perhaps that’s what they’re hoping for!! It is difficult because I now find I get fed up with the flight and wonder how much longer I will want to do it - or will be able to do it! Sorry to be so pessimistic but perhaps we all need to be realistic now about the fact that there’s going to be much longer waits for the visa grants 

The don't think it's pessimistic, just realistic LindaH27.  Let's just hope for an increase in visa allocations and processing.......and good health in the mean time?

On 20/09/2018 at 22:02, Geoffandgill said:

It’s finally happened at last, we had a call from our agent in the UK tonight, we’ve been asked to pay second VAC! As we’re already in Australia on 600 Visa we have seven days to produce itinerary to depart Australia, for minimum of three working days following our departure,  28 days to do it in. So it’s offf to the bank tomorrow and a visit to Fight Centre to book a week in Auckland!

Geoff & Gill

Great news, so very pleased for you!

• Like 3

Hi, I submitted my application for 173 on 12/11/2015 Which obviously still waiting for it to be assessed. Up until the last month I have received automated email replys but now nothing, can anybody give me some info on the date they are up to, and is anybody on here with a similar date of application ?

Thanks in advance x

CJ

Hi, I submitted my application for 173 on 12/11/2015 Which obviously still waiting for it to be assessed. Up until the last month I have received automated email replys but now nothing, can anybody give me some info on the date they are up to, and is anybody on here with a similar date of application ?
Thanks in advance x
CJ

Do not use the word “Test” in email request. It has caught most of us out. Anything other than test will work ??

8 minutes ago, pmindia said:

What form do you submit to update change in details of the assurer (address, employment, etc)?

As Marilyn kindly advised me when I asked the same question...

‘Form 1022 - and I emailed it and posted it and they acknowledged receipt via email and said my details had been updated.’

7 hours ago, Juliet7 said:

As Marilyn kindly advised me when I asked the same question...

‘Form 1022 - and I emailed it and posted it and they acknowledged receipt via email and said my details had been updated.’

Do you happen to know what address to email the form to? I imagine it should be posted to the same location as for the parent visa.

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 06:32, Geoffandgill said:

When we first thought about coming over on a 600 Visa, we contacted Immigration by phone and spoke to a gentleman who advised us that there had been a big influx of applications in June 15 ( as other people have commented on this forum), but that as we had applied early in the month we might be luckier than some. Maybe that is why they are only contacting people who lodged in June 15 at the moment! Hopefully Centrelink will speed up in the future. It does seem that Global Processing dates affect existing applicants and not just new. We are glad that we took the decision and made the move when we did ( albeit against the advice  of our agent) with the 600 Visa, sold our house early and took a chance. We figured at our age ( 70 & 67 now) time is precious with our family. But everyone has to do what they feel is right for themselves.

Geoff & Gill

HI we have done the same, sold up and came out on a 600 visa, visa expires o4 December 2018 not heard regarding the AOS/ second vac, has anyone extended their 600 or got another straight away?

congratulations to you both.  

4 minutes ago, jimbob007 said:

HI we have done the same, sold up and came out on a 600 visa, visa expires o4 December 2018 not heard regarding the AOS/ second vac, has anyone extended their 600 or got another straight away?

Remember that if you have an 8503 condition on your long stay visitor visa - this is the default for the subclass 600 visas permitting a stay of 12 months in every 18 - you can't apply for another visa while in Australia.

Best regards.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi,  I am currently in Oz on a600 which, expires 28/10 I applied for an extension, which was denied, but not before I had paid $360 to apply.  I now have to come home and apply for another in 6 months.   Submitted 143 in September 15 like everyone else I have not heard anything!  

Anyone any idea, when I might be advised to apply for Police checks etc???

3 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Luckily we did not have the 8503 condition with our 600 Visa. We were able to travel to Bali in March this year which gave us another year from the date we re entered Australia. It seems that there is no rhyme or reason why some people have this condition , while others have multiple entries within that first year to extend.

Geoff & Gill

5 hours ago, michaleasmum said:

Hi,  I am currently in Oz on a600 which, expires 28/10 I applied for an extension, which was denied, but not before I had paid $360 to apply.  I now have to come home and apply for another in 6 months.   Submitted 143 in September 15 like everyone else I have not heard anything!  

When did you lodge?

On 13/07/2018 at 09:58, Bev50Bradley said:

Where in Perth are you, I’m living in Harrisdale SOR (south of river) 

Hi Bev50Bradley

sorry for late reply but I have not been on the forum for a little while. I had not noticed your notification when I have been on . We are settling in Alkimos north of Joondalup. Hope you are settling in ok 

Similar situation to the other two posters. We left Oz at the end of August and because we had to apply off shore for another 600 visa, we applied on landing in Doha. Our original 600 was all singing all dancing and allowed us to spend nearly two years in Oz. We applied for another exactly the same.

Heard two days after we arrived back in Spain. Immigration were not very happy that we had spent so long in Oz and as such they awarded us another three months only and told that when we leave Oz the next time we would have to stay off shore for a considerable time (they didn't quantify what a considerable time was).

Because I, perhaps naively, included a letter explaining what we had been doing in Oz during our visit.
I mentioned we had travelled a lot both in Australia and NZ. We carried out baby sitting for our daughter two days a week when available and to give something back as a thank you to Oz, my wife helped out at Salvos one day a week and I helped clear trails with Parks Victoria one day a month. All of this was done when we were not travelling.

Immigration took the view that we were not tourists and could be potentially taking work from Australians. Baby sitting should not be on a regular basis and should be for no more than 12 months.

As we have all mentioned before there seems to be little in the way of clarity and uniformity.

At the end of the day it's their game and their rules.

6 hours ago, michaleasmum said:

Hi michaleasmum, 

Just a clarification please, Did Immi inform you that you have to wait for 6 months to apply for the new 600 visa, or is it that you are assuming because of the “12 months in 18 months”  rule? I’m asking because my parents’ are facing the same situation as you. Their visa is expiring in November and by then finished their 12 months stay. I remember once reading in some forum that for a new visa you do not need to wait for 6 months. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG. It’s pointless paying the visa fee and then getting rejected. I’m assuming you also have the 8503 condition attached to the visa.