Guest guest36187

The queue does seem to be moving faster than the stated times - this is from another forum on pomsinoz from “Garvey”

Lodged 143 visa 30th June 2015, police checks and medicals requested and supplied April/May 2018. AoS confirmation and bond paid August 2018. Waiting to hear about final payment and visa date. All correspondence sent via our immigration lawyers.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

The queue does seem to be moving faster than the stated times - this is from another forum on pomsinoz from “Garvey”

Lodged 143 visa 30th June 2015, police checks and medicals requested and supplied April/May 2018. AoS confirmation and bond paid August 2018. Waiting to hear about final payment and visa date. All correspondence sent via our immigration lawyers.

Strange that our lodgement date is only 5 weeks later but we’ve had nothing requested yet.  I presume it comes via our agent?

• Like 1

On 28/05/2010 at 17:12, vron said:

Great,will look forward to hearing from other parent,s wanting to get to oz...we will be able to pick your brains,hopefully to help keep us going on the journey to be with our family in oz .Were back in the u.k at the moment,mixed emotions missing so many things about u.k,but allso want to be with our family in oz,bet were not allone in our thinking ...

Very true you cannot forget your roots we are contemplating  the CPV being 68 and 62 respectively as both our children are here

25 minutes ago, Lolly T said:

Hooray! Hooray!  so happy this morning our visas have been granted. ? ?

3 years, 3 months and 8 days. 

That is fantastic news so great to see there is some kind of movement. It gives the rest of us an idea that we looking at maybe 3.5 years worse case scenario. Personally counting on 3 years and 3 months as I am on 173 I won't have the hassle of the horrendous AOS delay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenIrmImmiAus50#56@ said:

Very true you cannot forget your roots we are contemplating  the CPV being 68 and 62 respectively as both our children are here

You also need to be aware of the lengthening times for these visas - an application now is probably looking at over 5-6 years wait and the possibility of problems arising affecting the medicals.   Im in a similar age group so have my own doubts even though my application was in June 2017 when processing times were allegedly around 2 years! 

2014 applicants are currently waiting well over 3 years and there are currently around 50000 on the wait list for CPV visas. 

Sorry Im not being pessimistic just  realistic! If you do decide  to go ahead its best to get the application in ASAP  as further delays also  run the risk of the visa charges increasing. Good luck! 

4 hours ago, HenIrmImmiAus50#56@ said:

It is a very difficult decision when your home country is in your soul. I just love the British countryside, birdsong, history and it would be so much to leave behind but is seeing family just maybe once a year enough, especially as we age and travelling may become more difficult.  As my son says, it would be ridiculous to pay the cost of the CPV if we're not definite about using it, but if we're still uncertain at the time it's eventually granted I feel it wouldn't be wise to abandon the opportunity.  If we did then find we definitely needed to be in Australia for some reason it would be awful to have to start the lengthy process all over again.  I expect as it takes so long for visa granting now, when the time eventually arrives there'll be no more indecision and we'll be going but I don't enjoy the turmoil in my mind at present.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Marilyn said:

That is fantastic news so great to see there is some kind of movement. It gives the rest of us an idea that we looking at maybe 3.5 years worse case scenario. Personally counting on 3 years and 3 months as I am on 173 I won't have the hassle of the horrendous AOS delay.

We’re on 3 yrs 1 month and haven’t even been asked for anything yet ?

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Marilyn said:

4 hours ago, Sharad Guru said:

Same happens to my side.may be they gonna reduce aos timings..

Fingers crossed it happens for you soon