Guest guest36187

2 hours ago, Sharad Guru said:

Does anyone have idea why Immigration’s department is not sending medicals and police clearance requests.from 1 july 2015 lodgers onwards.

if anyone have idea regarding this ..please do share..

I think they must be waiting till the June applications  are processed, to start calling the medicals for the July applicants. So far they are still clearing the May 2015 parents isn’t it? Everyone is hoping that  things will change now that Dutton is out of immigration . I also hope the new minister understands the link between Migration and economic development. 

Edited by Bear2015
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bear2015 said:

I think they must be waiting till the June applications  are processed, to start calling the medicals for the July applicants. So far they are still clearing the May 2015 parents isn’t it? Everyone is hoping that  things will change now that Dutton is out of immigration . I also hope the new minister understands the link between Migration and economic development. 

Does anyone know our new immigration minister email address?

Kev

On 25/08/2018 at 16:00, Qflyer said:

Friendly bump... ?

Think I know the answer to my own question (which is to get an agent) but just wanted a sanity check...

Alan Collet is from Go matilda and he has given a great deal of advice on this forum. He acts as an agent and also tax advisor etc. I have found him to be a straight talker and he has given advice without touting for business. If some initial advice required email him via gomatilda if you can't find him on the forum. As an agent I am sure he would be efficient . 

Good Luck

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, gafuk said:

Alan Collet is from Go matilda and he has given a great deal of advice on this forum. He acts as an agent and also tax advisor etc. I have found him to be a straight talker and he has given advice without touting for business. If some initial advice required email him via gomatilda if you can't find him on the forum. As an agent I am sure he would be efficient . 

Good Luck

I second that. I did my own visa but have used Alan for tax advice. 

• Like 3

Estate agents embellishments!

Looking at houses for sale, I came across a property with photos which have had the furnishings Photoshopped into the image, and then both sets of photos displayed in the listing.

12342293_imagewith.thumb.jpg.67a2f7da9cb8b57b9965181f0c020eac.jpg1686272490_imagewithout.thumb.jpg.9915dbfdd256746543350111ee58a20a.jpg

Had I not seen both photos, I would have been convinced all was genuine, but it just shows how good these embellishments are (even have reflections and shadows). Of course it's good to see what a house can look like, but I don't think the furniture is to scale and it could make the rooms look much larger than they really are.

Clearly I would not buy a house without seeing it in the flesh, but this just makes me even more skeptical about estate agents.  

• Like 1

Ha! Last visit to Oz was spent going round  houses with my daughter and partner. He’s used to the photoshop,  we Brits were horrified! Probably would be referred to Trading standards over here as false representation! Although I do know that UK agents will put a bright blue sky in when it’s otherwise dull  and rainy! 

I cant tell you the number of homes we walked away from shaking our heads as they bore no real resemblance to the photos. Some houses were falling apart with paint flaking off and broken glass in doors etc but according to the photos they were lovely. I do know one thing - Id have to wait in the car during the auction  too nerve racking ! 

• Like 4

Yes, we came across this ozzie phenomenon many times when we were house hunting. After a bit you start to notice some of the mire obvious bits if photoshopping because you see the same style in different houses. Also very fo d of making the roo.s look much bigger than they really are. My opinion of estate agents here couldnt be lower after a recent tussle over a rental bond - you really can't trust a word most of them say.

If you do make an offer on a house we now know to always put it in writing!

Edited by Fisher1
  • Like 3

Good Morning Everyone, 

We received request to submit our AoS couple of days ago. I have been through humanservices website and been advised we can apply it online through My Gov account. My MyGov account is attached to my centrelink account but I can't see any option of Assurance of Support there. Could anyone please help me out how to apply it online ? Your early action in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks 

5 minutes ago, SIMHAR said:

Good Morning Everyone, 

We received request to submit our AoS couple of days ago. I have been through humanservices website and been advised we can apply it online through My Gov account. My MyGov account is attached to my centrelink account but I can't see any option of Assurance of Support there. Could anyone please help me out how to apply it online ? Your early action in this regard shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks 

It's better to apply at your local branch. You still have to go there to verify your ID.

5 hours ago, SIMHAR said:

Good Morning Everyone, 

Thanks 

https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/services/centrelink/assurance-support/applying/apply-give-assurance-support

Don't you just click on

Sign in to myGov to start your application. 

Not sure that you have to provide id to centrelink office if you are using existing mygov and centrelink accounts, my son didn't. 

6 hours ago, SIMHAR said:

Good Morning Everyone, 

Thanks 

Hi @SIMHAR when did you apply for your 143 and when were you contacted to supply your AOS etc?

Thank you

12 hours ago, SIMHAR said:

Good Morning Everyone, 

Thanks 

Hi when did you lodge your application?

2 hours ago, Sharad Guru said:

Any gud news from july lodgers onward..????

any ideas ? why DIBP not sending requests for  medicals n all...

3 years and 1 month.no news till now...

@Sharad Guru, from what I know, no July lodgers onward has received an invite from DIBP to prepare medical, policy cert and so on.

Please send an email to your local senator, shadow immigration minister and immigration minister  to complain about this situation.

Kev