register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Guest guest36187

The Brand New PIO Parents Visa thread

19 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

I would still think you could have your visa by the end of this year. It would be nice to have some clarity on the time scales being quoted. Also how many applications are in front of us.... each month is different, there could be lots of applications during May and June just Incase the fees went up for the new financial year and then a drop off for a few months when they didn’t go up. I know we all are waiting much longer than the time schedule expected and it’s very stressful. We are also getting older and may not pass the medical by the time our applications come to the top of the list so you don’t want to sell up just in case. If they can produce a queue for the 103visa why can’t they provide one for the other parent visas. Make life a lot easier for us. 

We lodged 143 June 2015 hoping to get it by this December just waiting on Centerlink 2nd vac 

• Like 1

Applied off shore for a 143 CPV 23 June 2015

Medicals Police Checks and Form 80 sent May 2018

Daughter AOS to Centrelink May 2018.

Came out on a 600 holiday visa October 2017

Went to Bali November 2017 Came back 4 December

We have 12 months from return from Bali then we have to leave, 

On 22 August 2018 at 04:46, vika said:

Hi Forum members,

Thanks for all your information so far - I'm really grateful.

I'm having an absolute nightmare understanding one section of the 47PA form:
Part H – Members of the family unit aged 18 years or over (Each member of the family unit aged 18 years or over listed below,
whether they are migrating or not, must also complete a form 47A Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over.)

1) So, I have a sister living in my parent's country. She is married and her life is generally independent from ours.
Should the sentence "child or other dependent family member" be interpreted as " [child] and [other-dependent] " or " [child and other]-dependent".

So, basically should we as children need to fill this section up even if we are not dependent on our parents just because we are the members of the same family ?

If not, the only section to mention our relationship is in: Part J – Details of other family members.
2) Here, should my father and mother both have our names listed in their respective sections?

Sorry for this complicatedly phrased question.

Hi,  

The definition of the Family Unit is limited to only partners and dependent children of the main applicant.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

1st VAC paid 26.06.18, 143 Visa lodged 18.07.18, acknowledged 07.08.18. 

Dear friends

I have received the 2nd vac request ($43600) of 143 visa application and I have sent form 815 via Email and posted the bank check of $43600 on 22nd of Aug. ( I knew that pay by credit card is faster but 1.3% surcharge is just ridiculous, so the surcharge amount will be more than $500)  

How long does it take to get the visa granted

Many thanks

• Like 6

Congrats for such a great update.

most probably u’ll Get your visa by the end of this week..

when did u applied for 143..??

Cpv 143 lodged 21 aug 2015

medicals and police clearance requested 16 February 2019.

PCC booked on 18 feb 2019

medicals booked on 21 feb 2019

Aos lodged 21 feb 2019

Aos interview call 26 feb 2019

(demanded bond of 14000 AU $)

16 minutes ago, Sharad Guru said:

Congrats for such a great update.

most probably u’ll Get your visa by the end of this week..

when did u applied for 143..??

Hi thank you and I hope my good news give you good vibes too

Visa applied on April 2015

Invitation of document preparation on Oct 2017

Request for document and medical check on April 2018 

The medical check has an issue with tuberculosis concern, so additional medical check required and takes 3 months 

2nd vac requested  and bank check and form 815 sent on 22 Aug

Now waiting for updates

I hope the form 815 will not delay the visa granting

Edited by Sydneypianoteacher

4 minutes ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

The medical check has an issue with tuberculosis concern, so additional medical check required and takes 3 months 

Now waiting for updates

Fingers crossed ?.

i applied in aug 2015.nothing till now..

Cpv 143 lodged 21 aug 2015

medicals and police clearance requested 16 February 2019.

PCC booked on 18 feb 2019

medicals booked on 21 feb 2019

Aos lodged 21 feb 2019

Aos interview call 26 feb 2019

(demanded bond of 14000 AU $)

On 07/06/2016 at 08:49, Skeelsy said:

Hi. We are in Newport 10 mins from Palm beach and 15 mins from colleroy where our fav restaurant there was partially washed out to sea. We are on hill facing Pittwater and Scotland island and fortunately had some shelter. Just opened some more roads today but clearing up will take a while longer. Houses below us flooded out and we had lovely waterfall in garden which fortunately missed house. Another King tide in couple of hours and waves still about 5 to 10 m when we passed colleroy earlier today. Poor Tassie getting it now. Fingers crossed no more lives are lost Kim

Hi I was just reading all the old messages from 2016 and picking up any tips and saw that you are in Newport - I will also be moving there when my visa is granted my daughter and SIL have bought a house along Barrenjoey Road not far from Newport Primary School so would be great to grab a coffee (or a gin for me at the rate my waiting is going) when i finally get there?

• Like 1

30th Oct 2015 173 lodged;   02nd Nov 2015 - Acknowledged;  6th Feb 2019 - Request for additional documents ; 2nd Mar 2019 Submitted to PVC Team 1; 24th July - Request to pay 2nd VAC ;  25th July 2019 - VISA GRANTED;  One Way Ticket booked to Sydney for 10th September.

3 hours ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

Now waiting for updates

When did you pay your AoS bond?  Just wondering how long it took from that to them asking for 2nd VAC.

CPV 143 lodgement 12.3.15, Acknowledged 14.4.15

AOS, Medicals, Police checks and Form 80 requested 21 Dec 2017

AOS submitted 3 Jan 18, Police certs & Form 80 submitted 7 Jan 18, Medicals booked 10 Jan 18

AoS rejected 21 Jun without any consultation (24 weeks for them to make this decision)

AoS re-submitted 16 Jul 18 - interview carried out 7 Aug 18

AoS Bond paid 14 Aug 18

AoS approval received 27 Aug 18

Request for 2nd VAC - 11 Sep 18

Visa granted - 26 Sep 18

Heading for the Sunshine Coast

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143 and 173) When your application is allocated to an assessing officer, you or your authorised contact may be asked to provide more documents, including (but not limited to) an Assurance of Support (subclass 143 only), police certificates and health clearances to finalise your application.

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 25 May 2015.

So disappointing - told my grandkids earlier this year that I would be there just after Santa visited and looks like now I will have to tell them it will be after the Easter bunny has come!

• Sad 2

30th Oct 2015 173 lodged;   02nd Nov 2015 - Acknowledged;  6th Feb 2019 - Request for additional documents ; 2nd Mar 2019 Submitted to PVC Team 1; 24th July - Request to pay 2nd VAC ;  25th July 2019 - VISA GRANTED;  One Way Ticket booked to Sydney for 10th September.

Hi all,

FYI my parents received the 2nd VAC payment request today.

• Like 13

VISA 143

Lodgement Date: 11/05/2015

Invitation Received: 16/12/2017

Medicals Completed: 12/2017

Police Check Completed: 12/2017

AOS Submission Date: 12/2017

AOS Approval Letter: 12/03/2018

2nd VAC Requested: 24/08/2018

Visa granted: 27/08/2018

31 minutes ago, Juliet7 said:

'Scott Morrison to be Australia's 30th Prime Minister'. !!

It says he was immigration minister in Tony Abbott’s government. Anyone know what he was like then? . Wonder what HE feels about immigration!!

143 lodged 17 March 2016. Perth bound

5 Feb 20 request for further info.11 Feb - Medical /Form 80. 17 Feb -AoS submitted. 27 Feb -Police checks. 4 Mar -BG requested. 6 Mar - bond cert to Centrelink.13 Mar AoS approved

1 minute ago, Kathss56 said:

It says he was immigration minister in Tony Abbott’s government. Anyone know what he was like then? . Wonder what HE feels about immigration!!

looks like he was much the same as Dutton.  

• Sad 1

CPV 1.10.2014, 1st VAC 31.10.2014, Receipt 31.10.2014, Acknowledged 28.2.15

Form 80 - 26.1.2017, Police check 4.2.2017, Medical 21.2.17 (with DIBP 24.2.17)

AoS commenced 17.2.17, approved 19.4.17, bond lodged 28.4.17, acceptance 9.5.2017

2nd VAC requested 19.9.2017.  Visa granted 28.9.17

Brisbane area.

1 hour ago, Kathss56 said:

According to a friend who worked in immigration he was awful. Changed everything, and then changed things again shortly later. As far as I know 18 months in the job and couldn’t hand it over quickly enough.

Staff were relieved when he left. Most felt Dutton has done a good strong fair job. Only saying what has been said to me from people working in immigration.

Edited by ramot
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Seamus said:

Hi all,

Great news @Seamus, at last some movement! I hope your parents have their visas granted soon.

Has anyone else had any movement over the last few weeks?

• Like 1

Applied for 143 23 Oct 2015, Acknowledged 3 Nov 2015 . Request for further documents 29 Jul 2019, medical booked for 6 Aug 2019

Heading for Brisbane area

17 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

When did you pay your AoS bond?  Just wondering how long it took from that to them asking for 2nd VAC.

I paid my AOS bond on 27th May 2018, and it took centrelink more than 2 months to issue an Acceptance letter

After I submit the Acceptance letter to the Department of Home Affairs it only takes them about 2 weeks to send me the 2nd VAC request

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seamus said:

Hi all,

Congratulations!

C.P.V lodgement date 25.05.2015

Acknowledment date 28.05.2015

Prepration to commence docs 03.02.2018

AOS Acceptance letter    22.03.18

2nd VAC and grant date 03.01.2019

1 hour ago, Wishfull said:

Great news @Seamus, at last some movement! I hope your parents have their visas granted soon.

Has anyone else had any movement over the last few weeks?

3 minutes ago, envinur said:

Congratulations!

Thanks, the request for additional documents was received on 19/07/2018, yet it took them more than one month to send out the 2nd VAC request.

VISA 143

Lodgement Date: 11/05/2015

Invitation Received: 16/12/2017

Medicals Completed: 12/2017

Police Check Completed: 12/2017

AOS Submission Date: 12/2017

AOS Approval Letter: 12/03/2018

2nd VAC Requested: 24/08/2018

Visa granted: 27/08/2018

3 hours ago, Kathss56 said:

Wasn’t Scott Morrison in charge of immigration in 2014 when the old parent visa was scraped?

• Sad 1

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

Apparently Peter Dutton is “open” to the possibility of return to home affairs - saying it’s a matter for the PM! 

143 lodged 21 June 2017

12 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Apparently Peter Dutton is “open” to the possibility of return to home affairs - saying it’s a matter for the PM! 

Well I’m ‘open’ to the possibility of Peter Dutton jumping into Lake Burley Griffin

• Haha 2

173 Visa lodged - March 2016

On 23/08/2018 at 15:50, MillieB said:

Hi,  

The definition of the Family Unit is limited to only partners and dependent children of the main applicant.

Hope that helps.

Hi MillieB,

Thanks for your help. Does this mean even if I have provided main applicant's partner's (my mom) passport details, etc. in Form 47PA, she still needs to fill 47A as well ??

1 hour ago, Seamus said:

Thanks, the request for additional documents was received on 19/07/2018, yet it took them more than one month to send out the 2nd VAC request.

Hi, what additional documents did they require if you don’t mind me asking?

Geoff & Gill

CPV 143 lodged, 1st VAC paid, receipted and acknowledged 9th June 2015

Heading to Diggers Rest, Melbourne. Au & UK police checks , form 80 completed and passed to agent 16th Feb, AoS lodged 21st Feb, medicals arranged 26th Feb. Daughter received Centrelink phone call and had interview 4th April. E-mail received 11th April to pay AoS bond at Commonwealth Bank within 14 days. AoS bond lodged 12th April with Centrelink. Letter of Acceptance dated 20th April from Centrelink received by e-mail 23rd April, forwarded to agent. Paid second VAC 21st September, holiday booked to NZ 7th-11th October ( been pre booked for babysitting duties before then. Visa issued 8thOct 2018 for indefinite stay with multiple entries and nil conditions!

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Wasn’t Scott Morrison in charge of immigration in 2014 when the old parent visa was scraped?

Yes until December 2014. He scrapped the non contributory parent visas. 103 and 804 in June but was forced to reinstate them in September following a disallowance motion by the Greens - I think! 

Probably why there was such a huge jump in parent applications by end 2014/2015 and going forward  - in case they scrapped them again and parents wanted to get in the queue and perhaps also explains jump in contributory applications as well 

Edited by LindaH27
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

143 lodged 21 June 2017

1 hour ago, SusieRoo said:

Well I’m ‘open’ to the possibility of Peter Dutton jumping into Lake Burley Griffin

Peter Dutton was the only immigration minister who was prepared to meet with our visa 410 group even though others had been approached over the years. He gave up of his time to us, listened to us and promised to consider our position, which he did, and put in a pathway for 410 & 405 visas to get PR. He was a different person when met on a personal level, than he comes across on TV.

• Like 4