Guest guest36187

5 hours ago, Zetta said:

HI Suelear,

Thats a very good point. Their submission is just 9 months from the processing now (May to Feb), but with things moving very slowly I think it can become 2-3 years until it gets to them.

I think we are better off waiting but thats a good option if they get impatient. 

I hope all goes well for them Zetta.

2 hours ago, Merryweather said:

Hello Roomies,

Well, today is the day I thought would never arrive! This evening we fly to Sydney – on a one-way ticket!!

Three years of waiting and wondering and sending ‘test’ emails and gnashing teeth when the date has not moved. Then six months of anxiety. Nerve-wracking medicals, frustrating AoS palaver, sorting removal firms, packing, chucking, scrubbing (shoes and boots), paper work, resignations, and emotional farewells. 

Everyone asks if I’m excited - but at the minute I just feel numb and just a teeny bit apprehensive. But this is the bottom line:

I am moving from one comparatively rich and comfortable country to another - to be with my daughters!

How very, very lucky I am . . . . .

Good luck to you all! This will be you one day!

See you in Oz,

M 

Congrats dear ex-roomie and have a wonderful life with your family in Australia! 

Hello Roomies,

Well, today is the day I thought would never arrive! This evening we fly to Sydney – on a one-way ticket!!

Three years of waiting and wondering and sending ‘test’ emails and gnashing teeth when the date has not moved. Then six months of anxiety. Nerve-wracking medicals, frustrating AoS palaver, sorting removal firms, packing, chucking, scrubbing (shoes and boots), paper work, resignations, and emotional farewells. 

Everyone asks if I’m excited - but at the minute I just feel numb and just a teeny bit apprehensive. But this is the bottom line:

I am moving from one comparatively rich and comfortable country to another - to be with my daughters!

See you in Oz,

M 

Know that feeling! Bon Voyage and Good Luck!

Hello Roomies,

See you in Oz,

M 

Amazing news and yes can't wait for this to be me sooner rather than later. Just been in Sydney for 10 days I surprised my daughter for her 40th and was able to see their new house which they bought with me in mind, saw the new schools the grandbabies are going to, met teachers and their friends and in just those 10 days solidified my decision to go was the perfect one for me. Best of luck M and hope you keep us updated with your progress and any tips you have once you have settled will be greatly appreciated. Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

Hi all, looking for advice regarding the letter of acceptance of the $14,000 AOS bond which our daughter paid 7 weeks ago. How long should we be patiently waiting for Centrelink to get this letter to her? She phoned 10 days ago and was told it was being processed and should be 'any day now' - clearly not. I am concerned about her ringing the 1800 number in case we are bumped down, but it's 4 months since her first interview and  7 since the initial lodgement of the AOS application. TIA

On 17/07/2018 at 10:06, Sydneypianoteacher said:

Hi dear friends

I have done and submitted Bank Guarantee ( bond of $10000AUD) on 25 May 2018 for the AOS application

and I am still waiting for the Acceptance Letter from the centrelink. Today is 17 July 2018

Is it normal to wait that long? I have phoned the centrelink 2 times, they always say "the application will be finalised soon" but they refuse to give any time frame.   

My understanding is that once bank guarantee request was made, it means that the AOS application is assessed and approved, so Bank Guarantee is needed before issuing Acceptance Letter. Please correct me if I am wrong

There are the dates of the entire visa application for your reference

April 2015   143 visa application submitted

Oct 2017     Parents Visa team from WA invited my mom to prepare documents (  AOS , Form 80, Police check and medical check)

28 Nov 2017    AOS submitted by me via centrelink office in Sydney   

13 April 2018   Parents Visa Team Case office assigned   

15 April 2018  Phone interview from the centrelink AOS team

16 April  2018   Form 80,  Police check, medical check  and submitted to Parents Visa team,    medical check got some issues due to the                                          suspected  lung problem, an additional medical check is required which takes another 3 month

Besides, requested extension of submitting ducoments due to the long processing time of AOS and additional medical exam   (                              (2 weeks later, the request was granted by  a  different case officer)

25 May 2018   centrelink required me to put Bank Guarantee  

Bank Guarantee was done on the same day and relevant document was scanned via mygov

16 July 2018   My mom has done the additional health check

17 July 2018...Today, still waiting for the Acceptance Letter from Centrelink

We posted our bond on 30 July and acceptance letter sent electronically to on my department on 7 August. Haven't heard anything since. Might be worth you checking with centerlink if they have sent yours through. We have a copy of the letter which clearly states it was sent and were told by centrelink that this had been done.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, envinur said:

For the information of fellows, I lodged my application on 25/05/2015 and received an email from a case officer requesting additional documents on 23/08/2018.

Today is just 17th august and you are requested further documents on the 23th august 2018??

On 14/08/2018 at 13:58, David Leask said:

Hi Marilyn,

I completed Form 1022 myself on the basis that I was the Applicant.  In the box marked 'Information which is no longer current' I referred to the question in the original application and said my daughter was now an Australian citizen.  In the box entitled 'New correct details' I listed my daughters Australian Passport Number and her Citizen Certificate Number.  I think it worked and I received an acknowledgement that they had received the information and that my file had been updated.

David

Thank you for your help with this David - I posted the form 1022 on 15th and also emailed them a scanned copy and they responded already to say my sponsor's details have been updated - so looks like they happy for an email copy of the document I didn't have to spend £7 posting it ? but at least I did it.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help with this David - I posted the form 1022 on 15th and also emailed them a scanned copy and they responded already to say my sponsor's details have been updated - so looks like they happy for an email copy of the document I didn't have to spend £7 posting it [emoji846] but at least I did it.

That’s great Marilyn. I sent electronic and hard copies too [emoji4]

Drove from Sydney to Melbourne today and had plenty of time to listen to the radio. Hot news is that Peter Dutton could make a challenge to Malcolm Turnbulls leadership. One commentator said, Peter Dutton would have to make a grand gesture like halting Immigration before people would vote for him. It will be an interesting week next week to put it mildly[emoji15][emoji15][emoji35]

• Sad 1

Yes, he threatened to resign and cross the floor with other rebel MP's to vote against the govt, however with Malcolm back flipping on the Paris Emmision targets that crisis has been averted....for now. Peter Dutton is in a curious position in that he is probably the second most powerful in the govt but his seat in Queensland is at risk in the next election. The only real option for him to be safe is to run for PM and then hope the Liberals win the next election. He has the backing of Tony Abbott and Barnaby Joyce and other powerful figures in the party. Having listened to all the rhetoric this year over Immigration and how the country can't cope etc etc. My guess is that the Liberal party will run this hard in the coming election. What this means for all of us in the waiting room is more uncertainty and worry I'm guessing. I would suggest that everyone becomes well versed with the issue because ultimately it affects us all. Like a lot of us, we thought we would have our PR's now having been in Oz for nearly two years. The back sliding of dates mean we have to leave in just over a week and wait off shore to see what hand is dealt to us for a return visit.

I try to stay positive and leaving freezing Melbourne to return to sunny Spain for a hopefully short visit is a cross I'll bear[emoji3][emoji3]

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bridgie said:

Yes, he threatened to resign and cross the floor with other rebel MP's to vote against the govt, however with Malcolm back flipping on the Paris Emmision targets that crisis has been averted....for now. Peter Dutton is in a curious position in that he is probably the second most powerful in the govt but his seat in Queensland is at risk in the next election. The only real option for him to be safe is to run for PM and then hope the Liberals win the next election. He has the backing of Tony Abbott and Barnaby Joyce and other powerful figures in the party. Having listened to all the rhetoric this year over Immigration and how the country can't cope etc etc. My guess is that the Liberal party will run this hard in the coming election. What this means for all of us in the waiting room is more uncertainty and worry I'm guessing. I would suggest that everyone becomes well versed with the issue because ultimately it affects us all. Like a lot of us, we thought we would have our PR's now having been in Oz for nearly two years. The back sliding of dates mean we have to leave in just over a week and wait off shore to see what hand is dealt to us for a return visit.

I try to stay positive and leaving freezing Melbourne to return to sunny Spain for a hopefully short visit is a cross I'll bearemoji3.pngemoji3.png

What part of Spain are you returning to? We live in the Costa Blanca area and are heading for Adelaide hopefully!!!

• Like 1

What part of Spain are you returning to? We live in the Costa Blanca area and are heading for Adelaide hopefully!!!

Small world, we also live/lived on the CB Los Balcones, Torrevieja. We had always planned to spend time there and Aus when we got PR. For the last year we haven't been able to leave Aus because of visa restrictions, now we can't live in Aus because of visa restrictions......it's enough to make you drink....more[emoji3][emoji3]

As us Spanglish say.... Austin Allegro!!
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:18, Elbert said:

My mum applied in 2009 and our queue date is Aug 2010. we got allotted case officer in may and now we are waiting for AOS processing. hope she gets her visa soon.

Thank you Elbert for the reply, I'm worried now because we go visiting our Australian family early December for three months. I still can't understand why the queue date is still showing 3000 plus we thought that we had ages to make a decision.

42 minutes ago, Geoffandgill said:

Hi everyone, is there a new ‘test’ email address? We’ve sent an email every two weeks to parents@border.gov.au and never had a reply. 

Thanks

Geoff & Gill

Hi we use parents@homeaffairs.gov.au and get a reply no probs!