Guest guest36187

I am working on a grant of 1500 a year (although recognising that some visas go to the aged category). If there are 31400 in front of me that equates to 20/21 years to visa grant. However how many applicants would still be in a position to make the move after waiting that long so I believe the queue is self limiting. I am working on a 50% drop out rate which brings the queue back to about 10 years which fits in with my plans maybe with a 600 visa strategy (or whatever might be available then) to get us through to visa grant. If not, worst case scenario, we can move over to the 143 queue and get that visa at a date that suits us for the move but we would have to pay the first vac again. I have been tracking figures on and off since getting a queue date and there does seem to be a significant number of drop outs even with a queue of 7 to 8 years and the longer the queue the higher the rate of drop outs or switches to 143 in my view but who knows? It wouldn't surprise me if the rules change or they issue less than 1500 visas a year in future so we might not be successful but at the moment this seems to be the best way forward for us.

I have just looked at my records and there were 37900 in front of me on 21-07-2016 just after I joined the 103 queue. There are now 31400 in front of me so a reduction of 6500 in two years. At that rate it would take 9.6 years for me to get to the top of the queue if they keep the number of visas issued constant and there is definately no guarantee of that!

16 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

@palaceboy1I’ve just noticed your earlier post about 31400 in queue prior to 2016 queue date. If there’s only 1000 places granted per annum that’s edging to over 30 years wait list!!

That is not what the actual wait is as there would be a very high drop out over a reasonable wait period . Who is going to wait 22 or 30 years for a parent visa to Australia , your grandchildren could be grandparents themselves

• Haha 1

Yes I agree there may be some drop outs but doubt it has ever reached 50%. The 1500 visa grant figure  is 500 for 804 and 1000 for 103  

Yes if you change to 143, you will keep your original date but it will cost you a lot more than 103 - at present day rates $48000 each so $96000(including 1st vac) per couple  plus $14000 AOS bond plus any medical test costs etc - and the likelihood is that the large 2nd vac charge will dramatically increase in the future. 

I know some 173 applicants are now regretting they didn’t go straight for 143 

I applied June 2017 - by the end of June (their end of financial year) the queue then was estimated to be 38508 with an estimated dropout of 4% if processed applications. The number of visas granted reduced from 7175 in previous two years to only 6218 and looks set to continue. 

Peter Dutton has said that parents cost far too much and the 143 contribution barely makes a dent in that so there has been speculation that 103 visa may actually be dropped and the 2nd vac for CPV increased.   They've Already  tried to limit the numbers by imposing  a huge increase in AOS income required - that didn’t actually happen due to a huge outcry but you can be assured they will be looking at other ways  ! 

I’m also hoping for a reasonable time limit for my application - the processing time is now showing as 56 months and they are only now dealing with May 2015  so I’m resigned to a much longer wait  I guess all any of us can do is get on with our lives till such time as we get the magic call up! 

What I meant was if we ended up swapping to the 143 it will cost us the extra amount for paying the first vac twice on top of all the costs for the 143, which I am aware of, also however much it will have gone up then. Also we are not in a position to move for at least 8 years (on retirement, I am aged 55, no grandchildren and a daughter in the UK who has no desire to move to Australia). So this seems the most suitable visa strategy for us. The 103 queue has reduced by 6500 in two years so that is a massive drop out rate if the grants are only 1000 a year.

2 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

Don’t believe everything the 804 queue went down 140 in the last 15 months and that includes dropouts

Where do you find out the length of the queues for the visas? 

Interesting that the 804 visa queue went down.

We are in the 864 queue with hardly any movement for nearly 2 years, do you have any information about this one?

Thanks

• Like 1

22 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

That is not what the actual wait is as there would be a very high drop out over a reasonable wait period . Who is going to wait 22 or 30 years for a parent visa to Australia , your grandchildren could be grandparents themselves

People do though. People apply for remaining relative - 56 year wait. Or none contributory - 30 year wait

I am actually starting to forget what a response to a test email looks like as been so long since the last update!  

Maybe this is an immi citizen test for us to see if we are potentially good caring Australian citizens. As it appears there hasn’t been a sighting or any contact for sooo long with the Perth parent visa department maybe we should be sending in search parties at their office in case they have all been abducted by aliens or being held hostage possibly!!!!  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hi everyone,

The automatic reply email is not working anymore for me. I tried both:

parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

parents@border.gov.au

and they dont respond anymore. Last update I got was end of July and that showed 0 change in July for 143. Does anyone have insight what is going on? 

Another question is if it was possible to switch from 143 to 864 since my parents now qualify for that and the queue is shorter, is there a way to switch to 864?

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Zetta said:

Hi everyone,

The automatic reply email is not working anymore for me. I tried both:

parents@homeaffairs.gov.au

parents@border.gov.au

and they dont respond anymore. Last update I got was end of July and that showed 0 change in July for 143. Does anyone have insight what is going on? 

Another question is if it was possible to switch from 143 to 864 since my parents now qualify for that and the queue is shorter, is there a way to switch to 864?

Thanks

You might need to send from a different email address - I have several I can use.

From an enquiry I sent today - no change:

We are currently assessing applications lodged up to and including 5 May 2015.

22 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

Yes people do apply but nobody has yet waited 30 years for a non cont 103 visa the actual wait at the moment is 8 years

Interestingly 8 years is also now the approximate processing time for new 143 applicants. So it may now be better to just apply for a 103 and you always have the option to switch later to 143.

This was debated in Australian Parliament and relevant transcript here as posted earlier by Alan Collett

Senator McKIM: Sorry, 75 per cent within 12 months?

Ms Dacey : Yes. We do global average processing times, so we talk about the 75th percentile; 75 per cent of applications are processed within that time frame. We call it stage 1 partner and stage 2 partner. Stage 1 partner is 12 months and stage 2 partner is 16 months.

Senator McKIM: Sorry, the lengths of time you're giving—

Ms Dacey : Are you talking about pipelines, sorry, not average processing times?

Senator McKIM: I was going to ask about average processing times, so you might as well keep going while you're there. So you're giving me the length of time it's taking to process 75 per cent?

Ms Dacey : That's right. Child is 12 months, and partner permanent is 19 months. I've got some other information that you were seeking, I think, on some of the other caseloads; is that right?

Senator McKIM: Yes. There's 103, the parent visa; there's 143, the contributory parent visa; and there's another one, which I think is the contributory aged parent visa.

Ms Dacey : Yes, there is. Orphaned relative was another category, which is 12 to 57 months; contributory parent is approximately 40 months; parent is 30-plus years; and other family is up to 56 years. We've had these conversations in other hearings about the fact that they're small numbers, very aged cases, because of the small numbers available under the program each year. The bulk of the family reunion visas are given to partner.”

the 8 year wait is probably based on the figures from applicants with an August 2010 queue date (with an earlier application date) who are only now being assessed and before the numbers of applicants increased year on year  probably as 103 visa and 804 visa (both non contributory) were actually closed from June 2014 to September 2014. Only 500 visas allowed for 804 and 1000 for 103 and even less in some years.   I think it was because they were worried about potential aged costs and like now wish to reduce parental immigration 

If wait times ended up the same for 103 and 143 there would be a huge outcry as 143 applicants pay a substantial amount for speedier processing. 

The fear for many is that the govt will decide to close those  visas that are not profitable and vastly increase the 2nd Vac for others as there have been various attempts in recent years to slow down parent immigration including a recent attempt to increase AOS etc. So far the govt  have backed down each time - but they will keep trying even if it’s only a go- slow in processing times! 

4 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

This was debated in Australian Parliament and relevant transcript here as posted earlier by Alan Collett

Senator McKIM: Sorry, 75 per cent within 12 months?

Ms Dacey : Yes. We do global average processing times, so we talk about the 75th percentile; 75 per cent of applications are processed within that time frame. We call it stage 1 partner and stage 2 partner. Stage 1 partner is 12 months and stage 2 partner is 16 months.

Senator McKIM: Sorry, the lengths of time you're giving—

Ms Dacey : Are you talking about pipelines, sorry, not average processing times?

Senator McKIM: I was going to ask about average processing times, so you might as well keep going while you're there. So you're giving me the length of time it's taking to process 75 per cent?

Ms Dacey : That's right. Child is 12 months, and partner permanent is 19 months. I've got some other information that you were seeking, I think, on some of the other caseloads; is that right?

Senator McKIM: Yes. There's 103, the parent visa; there's 143, the contributory parent visa; and there's another one, which I think is the contributory aged parent visa.

Ms Dacey : Yes, there is. Orphaned relative was another category, which is 12 to 57 months; contributory parent is approximately 40 months; parent is 30-plus years; and other family is up to 56 years. We've had these conversations in other hearings about the fact that they're small numbers, very aged cases, because of the small numbers available under the program each year. The bulk of the family reunion visas are given to partner.”

the 8 year wait is probably based on the figures from applicants with an August 2010 queue date (with an earlier application date) who are only now being assessed and before the numbers of applicants increased year on year  probably as 103 visa and 804 visa (both non contributory) were actually closed from June 2014 to September 2014. Only 500 visas allowed for 804 and 1000 for 103 and even less in some years.   I think it was because they were worried about potential aged costs and like now wish to reduce parental immigration 

If wait times ended up the same for 103 and 143 there would be a huge outcry as 143 applicants pay a substantial amount for speedier processing. 

The fear for many is that the govt will decide to close those  visas that are not profitable and vastly increase the 2nd Vac for others as there have been various attempts in recent years to slow down parent immigration including a recent attempt to increase AOS etc. So far the govt  have backed down each time - but they will keep trying even if it’s only a go- slow in processing times! 

The thing is as well that politicians like playing with peoples lives and because most 143 parents won’t become citizens for some years -maybe never, they’re not worried.  I wonder how many sponsors are PR and how many have become citizens?

• Like 1

Hi forum members,

My parents are here on subclass 600 VISA with 'no further stay' condition since Jan 2018.
They intended to stay until Jan 2019. But as I plan to apply for their 143 PR, I am travelling back to India with them and lodging the VISA application from there. After lodgement, I intend to have them back here in a month's time with the same subclass 600 VISA they currently have.
My questions are:

1) Will the same 600 VISA they have allow them to enter Australia after applying for VISA 143.
2) Will I get any acknowledgement / letter / email saying the 143 application is accepted by PVC so that I can get them back here after that.
3) Once they are here and go back after having stayed a cumulative 12 months in the tourist VISA, how soon can I apply for another subclass 600 when their PRis in progress ?
4) I am their sponsor, so am I required to be in Australia when the PR application is couriered to PVC ?

23 minutes ago, vika said:

Hi forum members,

My parents are here on subclass 600 VISA with 'no further stay' condition since Jan 2018.
They intended to stay until Jan 2019. But as I plan to apply for their 143 PR, I am travelling back to India with them and lodging the VISA application from there. After lodgement, I intend to have them back here in a month's time with the same subclass 600 VISA they currently have.
My questions are:

1) Will the same 600 VISA they have allow them to enter Australia after applying for VISA 143.
2) Will I get any acknowledgement / letter / email saying the 143 application is accepted by PVC so that I can get them back here after that.
3) Once they are here and go back after having stayed a cumulative 12 months in the tourist VISA, how soon can I apply for another subclass 600 when their PRis in progress ?
4) I am their sponsor, so am I required to be in Australia when the PR application is couriered to PVC ?

My most important concern is:

Will I get any acknowledgement / letter / email saying the 143 application is accepted by PVC so that I can complete my wait in India and get them back here after that - how would I know that I have applied successfully ? How long to wait offshore?

Thanks very much!

At last we have some good news.  Our daughter received a letter on Monday morning advising her to contact Centrelink for her AoS interview before 10th August.  She did that this morning and everything went well.  She now just has to wait for the letter requesting the bond and hopefully we will get moving!  Can't believe that we have at last got something positive going on.  They obviously gave her application priority in view of the complete mess up they made with her first submission. 

• Like 14

Thanks for that. My interpretation is that phone Enquiries will  go through quicker rather than visa processing times will shorten but nevertheless anything that helps people contact immi etc can only be helpful. I also noted more online contact too but wonder how long it will be before some people get the " computer says no! " answer ?

2 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

At last we have some good news.  Our daughter received a letter on Monday morning advising her to contact Centrelink for her AoS interview before 10th August.  She did that this morning and everything went well.  She now just has to wait for the letter requesting the bond and hopefully we will get moving!  Can't believe that we have at last got something positive going on.  They obviously gave her application priority in view of the complete mess up they made with her first submission. 

Great news. Pleased your making progress

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

I hope you'll forgive me if I see this as Government spin and a cost saving measure.

I know, I'm such a cynic!

Or maybe outsourcing to the private sector will be a win?!

Would be interesting to see the terms of reference ...

Best regards.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vika said:

Hi forum members,

My questions are:

Hello Vika,

I really think you need to contact a registered agent to help you through your inquires/process