Guest guest36187

On 01/08/2018 at 21:31, jimbob007 said:

I was told today, if you apply for a 600 on shore, you have to be on shore to be granted, and  if you apply off shore you have to be off shore to be granted, also you can apply before you present one runs out.

Phone the help line Number on the 600 visa.

Hi, we have a 600 Visa but there is no help line number on it, only email address. Which number did you ring to speak to an officer? 

Thanks Geoff & Gill

11 minutes ago, RealMVP said:

Hi oceana. Did you apply in may as well

Yes, my parents applied for their visa in May 2015.

We have now managed to confirm that Centrelink do send an acceptence letter, but it takes 4 -6 weeks to be sent out after the Bank Guarantee (Bond) is lodged.

Centerlink need to train thier staff properly (on the AoS line) as the person we talked to stated that 'there was no such thing', and even checked with a supervisor !

4 minutes ago, oceanna said:

We have now managed to confirm that Centrelink do send an acceptence letter, but it takes 4 -6 weeks to be sent out after the Bank Guarantee (Bond) is lodged.

Centerlink need to train thier staff properly (on the AoS line) as the person we talked to stated that 'there was no such thing', and even checked with a supervisor !

Oh i see. my parents also applied their application on 19th may. All docs already submited in now patiently waiting for the 2vac payment. Did immi request any further docs from your parents?

1 hour ago, oceanna said:

Could you tell us when you submitted the AoS application - how long did it take from submission to interview and then request for bond?:

Unexpected/Unusual update to the 103 visa queue . From the last update on 10 th July until today the queue has gone down as follows

queue date      Reduction

03/05/10             440

23/05/11              480

01/05/12               60

01/05/13                70

01/05/15                70

24/05/15               270

Total                     1390

T hats a big change

It appears that the  large decrease (340) in 2015 coincides with the almost doubling of 143 visa applications at that time so undoubtedly some of 103 applicants  will have changed to 143 and kept their original lodgement  date as well. 

Edited by LindaH27

Hi Palaceboy1,

your post is of interest to me as we are in the 103 queue and I have been sending the test email recently with no reply. Maybe I have been trying too frequently so will have to leave it for a while to try it again. It is so helpful that you are tracking how the figures in the queue are reducing. Please keep it up as it is most informative, much appreciated.

15 hours ago, RealMVP said:

Oh i see. my parents also applied their application on 19th may. All docs already submited in now patiently waiting for the 2vac payment. Did immi request any further docs from your parents?

So did mine. Yes they requested the centrelink acceptance letter and proof of polio vaccinations if they had spent more than 28 days in certain countries such as Africa etc.

Just wondering whether they would need to prove they havent spent that tme in those countries i.e. need to provide a statutory declaration to verify this...

14 hours ago, Pertenhall said:

Could you tell us when you submitted the AoS application - how long did it take from submission to interview and then request for bond?:

We submitted AoS application on 5 Feb, interview over the phone on 23 June so just over 19 weeks. We then received the letter requesting bond money later that week and had fourteen days to lodge bond from receiving the letter.

4 hours ago, Ruth7862 said:

Hi Palaceboy1,

your post is of interest to me as we are in the 103 queue and I have been sending the test email recently with no reply. Maybe I have been trying too frequently so will have to leave it for a while to try it again. It is so helpful that you are tracking how the figures in the queue are reducing. Please keep it up as it is most informative, much appreciated.

I f you give me your queue date I will update the figures relevant to you. 

15 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

Unexpected/Unusual update to the 103 visa queue . From the last update on 10 th July until today the queue has gone down as follows

queue date      Reduction

03/05/10             440

23/05/11              480

01/05/12               60

01/05/13                70

01/05/15                70

24/05/15               270

Total                     1390

T hats a big change

Just noticed a small error above 24/05/15 should be 24/08/15 sorry

On 02/08/2018 at 17:45, SusieRoo said:

It shouldn’t affect the CPV stream, as there will be 15,000 new places each year just for these visas. And when you consider the cost for each new visas will be $5,000 or $10,000, they will generate around $100m per year in revenue. So should easily be able to fund the additional administration costs.

Historically immi has always been able to process the entire ‘capped’ allocation of parent visas places each year. Except for last year, and it’s difficult to really know why. But it would appear to more for politically motivated reasons, and not because immi is unable to cope with the caseload.

Hi try phonig this no 1300 853 773 very helpful regarding the 600 holiday visa, we have 4 month left on our 600 , and have been waiting 37 months from 143 lodgement.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, palaceboy1 said:

Noticed in the 103 queue between 2010 and 2015 the figures /applicants were about 250 per month but in last 6months of 2010 it was nearly 1000 per month . what happened back then to cause this increase ??

Taken from another forum (kudos to OP)  8 years ago for 2010-2011 migration program - places available were reduced and wait times lengthened so I expect people were rushing to get in the queue! 

Reduction in Family Migration Visas

On 11 May 2010, DIAC announced a reduction in family migration visa places. I made a request for the specifics in regards to parent visa categories. Here is the reply I received from DIAC.

Quote:
The 2010-11 Parent Migration program will consist of:
  • 1000 places for Parent category visas; and
  • 7500 places for Contributory Parent category visas

Of these it is expected that in the Parent category, approximately 700 places will be allocated to Parent (Subcalss 103) visas and 300 places will be allocated to Aged Parent (Subclass 804) visas. In the Contributory Parent category, it is expected that approximately 7000 places will be allocated to Contributory Parent (Subclass 173 or Subclass 143) visas and 500 places will be allocated to Contributory Aged Parent (Subclass 884 or Subclass 864) visa.

As you may see the places for Contributory Parent category visas remain at 7500 as the current program year, whereas non-contributory Parent category visa places reduced by 50%. Based on the current queue level for 103 (offshore non-contributory) visa, it is estimated that the waiting period of a new 103 visa application would be 22 years (15500/700) if allocated places remain at 1000 in future.

the latest test email still shows 5 May 2015 for CPV. For 103 they are finalising applications for date with a queue date of August 2010

Ah well welcome to the topsy turvey land of immigration!  I was told 18- 24 months like many on here but it’s now patently obvious we are looking at a wait time in excess  of 6 years!!

so I wouldn’t be surprised if the 8 year wait list increases as well given that there are far fewer places available for 103/804 than 173/143 visas. I seem to remember that during the AOS debate in The senate mention was made of the increased wait time for all visas. 

In fact if the wait time for non CPV visas is almost the same as current wait times for CPV there would be an outcry as people pay more for CPV  to generate a speedier resolution!! 

Edited by LindaH27