Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, Zaki said:

DIBP has hired literate qualified officers to decide dependency so let them decide...

They have but this person is deliberately trying to stay as a dependent as they want to go to work but are not sure if they are allowed to whilst waiting.  That is not a dependent person, that is an adult of 27 who is capable of being independent and I'm sure when the time comes the DIBP will see this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

But this person will be at least 30 by the time the 143 is apprived. No way will they be seen as a dependent 

2 hours ago, LBee said:

Firstly I am surprised you are included on your parents 173 visa - I did not think this visa took 4+ years to obtain (assuming your parents applied when you were 23) and since you are 27 that would assume they must of applied at least 4 years ago!!  Obviously as you are not sure whether you should work or not would suggest you are fit and able to work and therefore not really dependent on your parents - this in my opinion kind of makes a mockery of the visa process - no wonder Australia want to reduce immigration 

2 hours ago, Jellybean T said:

I agree whole heartedly. The 143 visa is for parents, there a few enough 143 visas and someone of 27 years old is not a child so should be applying for a different visa. This loophole definitely needs to be closed. This may sound hard but unless the person is mentally or physically disabled I can’t see why they are entitled to a Parent Visa. 

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

I've just been trying to imegine the situation, and I have to admit it would be driving me insane! All those years unable to work and dependent on the parents for home, pocket money, clothes etc etc. Might sound appealing for a short while but if I'd still been dependent at 27 I'd have been crawling the walls trying to get away!! What the hell would you DO all day?!

Thats without considering whether an able-bodies, employable 27 year old ought to still be dependent. I guess it was the only way of getting visas for the whole family......

SORRY GUYS, i have contacted a migrant agent. I have a confusion about the type of visa I applied, that is not visa 173/143. Thank you everyone for your comments. The problem should stop here. Sorry for causing misunderstanding.?

Given that there is now a large anti immigration policy  in Australia it does seem unfair that adults of 27 could take up a scarce parent visa space. I understood that only the adult dependants up to age 23 who were mentally and physically disabled were allowed. Then of course they would have difficulty passing the medical! 

The policy concerning adult dependants needs to be changed in the light of the cut backs in parent visas - it would be almost unheard of for UK applicants to have dependants aged 27! 

4 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Given that there is now a large anti immigration policy  in Australia it does seem unfair that adults of 27 could take up a scarce parent visa space. I understood that only the adult dependants up to age 23 who were mentally and physically disabled were allowed. Then of course they would have difficulty passing the medical! 

The policy concerning adult dependants needs to be changed in the light of the cut backs in parent visas - it would be almost unheard of for UK applicants to have dependants aged 27! 

SORRY u, i have contacted a migrant agent. I have a confusion about the type of visa I applied, that is not visa 173/143. Thank you  for your comment. The problem should stop here. Sorry for causing misunderstanding.

On 29/07/2018 at 04:21, Ivy0311 said:

Hello everyone, please help me with this
My family has finally received a 173 visa. We will go to aus in August. Now, I am 27 years old , so my question is when I apply for a 143 visa, do I need to prove that I still have to depend on my parents? Or can I go to work while waiting for my 143 visa being granted

And how long does it take for 143 granted ?

Thanks

I don’t think you will have a problem when converting your 173 to 143 even considering your current age. And it probably won’t matter now if you are no longer dependent.

You already passed all the ‘tests’ for dependency when your 173 was granted. It would not be fair to make you go back home now just because the CPV process is now taking so long. I think you only need to be ‘dependent’ at the time you make the 173 application, but it would be best to check with a good immigration agent.

When did you apply for your 173 and when was it granted?

Edited by SusieRoo

On 28/07/2018 at 09:32, bridgie said:

Well we've had a great time in Oz  for nearly 21 months on a 600 visa. We have been advised by Immigration that we won't be granted an extension as having a good time is not considered exceptional circumstances ? . I asked how long before we can apply for another 600 visa as was told as soon as you are off shore. I'm not expecting to be granted another year but we will try.

Interestingly when applying for the next 600 visa and doing the online application now (ready to press the submit button on landing in Madrid) they have asked for a medical and they also asked whether we were submitting a CPV 143 in the next 6 to 12 months. I pressed yes to which a box  popped up and said that If we were prepared to pay the extra for the chest Xray we could do the full medical and combine the 600 and CPV medical. I'm hoping to get it done in Aus before we leave. The Hap ID etc; Is all done online whilst applying for the 600 visa. We have the number and are just waiting for Immigration to tell us what tests etc; they require us to have.

We were also asked to provide certified copies of our passports. The certification was done free by our local chemist warehouse.

I'll phone Immigration on Monday to chase It and report back

Bridgie

Medical for a 600 visa? Is this new or was there always a medical exam for this visa?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ivy0311 said:

SORRY u, i have contacted a migrant agent. I have a confusion about the type of visa I applied, that is not visa 173/143. Thank you  for your comment. The problem should stop here. Sorry for causing misunderstanding.

Could you let me know as a matter of interest which other visa allows adult dependants please ? I wasn’t  aware of one. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, SusieRoo said:

I don’t think you will have a problem when converting your 173 to 143 even considering your current age. And it probably won’t matter now if you are no longer dependent.

You already passed all the ‘tests’ for dependency when your 173 was granted. It would not be fair to make you go back home now just because the CPV process is now taking so long. I think you only need to be ‘dependent’ at the time you make the 173 application, but it would be best to check with a good immigration agent.

When did you apply for your 173 and when was it granted?

In fact, my father had 173, after a few year he become a citizen aus and he's the sponsor for me ( not my brother). So I thought that I applied 173 as a dependent. After contact with immigration agent, I know that I have misunderstood. The visa I lodged is not a 173/143 visa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I’m amazed I didn’t notice it when I first received my visa application acknowledgement but looking at it today I notice that ‘they’ have added to my address UKRAINE rather than UK.  I shall be sending off a Form 929 asap!

• Like 1

Ha! My acknowledgment was emailed to me but showed a previous address - one I left a few years ago! It was used for earlier  visitor visa applications  but unsure why they thought I was still there especially as the application for 143 visa had my current  and different address. A phone call established that they did in fact  have my current address on the 143 visa application and they couldn’t understand  why they had used an earlier address in the acknowledgement!  ??

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Ivy0311 said:

In fact, my father had 173, after a few year he become a citizen aus and he's the sponsor for me ( not my brother). So I thought that I applied 173 as a dependent. After contact with immigration agent, I know that I have misunderstood. The visa I lodged is not a 173/143 visa.

Sorry I’m confused - You can only become  a citizen after a 143 application I thought ?  And a sponsor is usually for the AOS? 

59 minutes ago, LindaH27 said:

Ha! My acknowledgment was emailed to me but showed a previous address - one I left a few years ago! It was used for earlier  visitor visa applications  but unsure why they thought I was still there especially as the application for 143 visa had my current  and different address. A phone call established that they did in fact  have my current address on the 143 visa application and they couldn’t understand  why they had used an earlier address in the acknowledgement!  ??

That’s encouraging - sort of!  Maybe I’ll leave the 929 for a while as I doubt there’s any hurry and my passport will need to be renewed before I hear from them again.  Sponsor’s job and address have changed since submitting my application too so that’s more to be added...or is that form 1022?

Medical for a 600 visa? Is this new or was there always a medical exam for this visa?

For us yes, we've had three 600 visas over the years and never been asked for a medical. However because we can combine it to include the Permanent Residency medical we're happy to do it. Trust me compared to going to Madrid to do it this is money well spent.

Bridgie

2 hours ago, Ivy0311 said:

What visa was it 

2 hours ago, LindaH27 said:

Sorry I’m confused - You can only become  a citizen after a 143 application I thought ?  And a sponsor is usually for the AOS? 

Your father would have had to get the 173 and then after a few years get the 143 and then wait several years to get citizenship

10 hours ago, Ivy0311 said:

I'm on the parents application as a dependent.

Condition 173: Associated children must be under 18 years of age (or may be 18-23 if the dependent child is totally dependent on you) .... and I'm the associated child. 

my brother's the sponsor for my family. visa 173 has been completed. When applying for a 143 visa, some people say that I must continue to depend on the family for the duration of my 143 visa. So I feel confused, I used to think that I could get a job instead of continuing to depend on my family. 

Why haven't you had a job in all the years since leaving education 

14 minutes ago, bridgie said:

For us yes, we've had three 600 visas over the years and never been asked for a medical. However because we can combine it to include the Permanent Residency medical we're happy to do it. Trust me compared to going to Madrid to do it this is money well spent.

Bridgie

Sounds good to me and nice to get the medical over and done with. One less thing to worry about.

On a much more pleasant note I got a call from my son in law on Friday who has paid for a ticket for me to surprise my daughter for her 40th - I fly out tomorrow for 10 days. If i was going to Perth I would be knocking on a certain doors and take one for the team.  Alas I'm headed for Sydney ?

See some of you back here in 12 days time with the hope that there is some kind of positive movement!

Edited by Marilyn
  • Like 8

I’d googled parent visa processing timings and it came up with ‘we are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged up to 5th November 2015’.  That was on a Facebook page of Ultra-Fast Migration Australia MARN but as I’m not on Facebook I didn’t go in to check it further.