Guest guest36187

7 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Thanks! I've created another sheet for 173 visa.

There is not enough data for that page to be useful at the moment. If anyone would like to contribute, please feel free to edit.

Thanks Peter,

I've added my details.

Bridgie

• Like 1

Well we've had a great time in Oz  for nearly 21 months on a 600 visa. We have been advised by Immigration that we won't be granted an extension as having a good time is not considered exceptional circumstances ? . I asked how long before we can apply for another 600 visa as was told as soon as you are off shore. I'm not expecting to be granted another year but we will try.

Interestingly when applying for the next 600 visa and doing the online application now (ready to press the submit button on landing in Madrid) they have asked for a medical and they also asked whether we were submitting a CPV 143 in the next 6 to 12 months. I pressed yes to which a box  popped up and said that If we were prepared to pay the extra for the chest Xray we could do the full medical and combine the 600 and CPV medical. I'm hoping to get it done in Aus before we leave. The Hap ID etc; Is all done online whilst applying for the 600 visa. We have the number and are just waiting for Immigration to tell us what tests etc; they require us to have.

We were also asked to provide certified copies of our passports. The certification was done free by our local chemist warehouse.

I'll phone Immigration on Monday to chase It and report back

Bridgie

• Like 5

Thanks Bridgie for taking the time to share that info... if it wasn’t for people like you sharing your experience we wouldn’t know what was available, as trying to get information out of the power that be is not easy. I notice from your time line we are only a month apart ... hopefully get our visas the first half of 2019. Cheers. Shelagh 

• Like 2

On 27 July 2018 at 10:40, Marilyn said:

I just had a thought and wondered if anyone else has the same and may know the answer. My sponsors details have changed namely home address, email address and now an Australian citizen (was on a EU passport) to when I lodged the application. I had a look on the website and cannot find any forms to change the sponsors details only for the main applicant. 

Do I need to advise IMMI (although the Form 80 will cover the changes) that there has been changes to the sponsor's personal details?   

There is a change of details/circumstance form which I used for our 143 which I used to give updated details of our sponsor think it was 1022 but not sure, I think you are meant to keep them informed . Good luck hope this helps ?

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2018 at 13:10, elnak said:

@AMP Sorry....

Hmmmm ok.......... I see you are still on visitor visa. Yes, we could also only get TFN numbers once we received our visas. I will leave the post about the TFN on here anyway, for the benefit of others as well. 

We simply waited for the visas and only then applied for TFNs. If the banks have withheld any interest because you don't have a TFN, you will need to complete a tax return. I have not completed mine yet, but will keep you updated as soon as I get to that part.

You are a visitor and foreign resident. If you have a foreign address and tell the bank you should only be taxed on SAVING interest at 10%. The bank should repay any overpayment if this is claimed within a certain time from them

but you must demand this. Otherwise I recently claimed back this over with-held  with- holding tax from the ATO. I also have claimed off the bank when they first got it wrong. There's a special over withheld with holding tax claim form for claiming from the ATO. Google it. Of course you can wait and claim it back with a tax return as I was annoyingly constantly told to do by the bank.

As for other tax I believe your not liable until you are a llpermanent resident. Alan Collett please advise.

Hello everyone, please help me with this
My family has finally received a 173 visa. We will go to aus in August. Now, I am 27 years old , so my question is when I apply for a 143 visa, do I need to prove that I still have to depend on my parents? Or can I go to work while waiting for my 143 visa being granted

And how long does it take for 143 granted ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, ant111 said:

You are a visitor and foreign resident. If you have a foreign address and tell the bank you should only be taxed on SAVING interest at 10%. The bank should repay any overpayment if this is claimed within a certain time from them

but you must demand this. Otherwise I recently claimed back this over with-held  with- holding tax from the ATO. I also have claimed off the bank when they first got it wrong. There's a special over withheld with holding tax claim form for claiming from the ATO. Google it. Of course you can wait and claim it back with a tax return as I was annoyingly constantly told to do by the bank.

As for other tax I believe your not liable until you are a llpermanent resident. Alan Collett please advise. 

I am very happy to give advice on issues of tax residency and the resulting liability to tax in Australia, but this an area in which I charge a fee for advice - particularly if it is specific to an individual and my advice is going to be relied on.

In the meantime, please don't ask me specifically to comment on matters of technical nature.   I will reply to comments as and when I can - I have a client base paying me for my time, and their needs come first.   Thanks!

Best regards.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ivy0311 said:

My family has finally received a 173 visa. We will go to aus in August. Now, I am 27 years old , so my question is when I apply for a 143 visa, do I need to prove that I still have to depend on my parents? Or can I go to work while waiting for my 143 visa being granted

Thanks

How on earth can you still be dependant on your parents at the age of 27? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ivy0311 said:

Thanks

The fact you ask can you go to work whilst waiting would indicate you are not dependant as you are capable of getting a job. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Ivy0311 said:

Thanks

Hi 

maybe you should speak to an immigration officer about whether you are dependent on your parents and what the meaning of dependent means regarding immigration.  Clearly if you are workin, or indeed able to work,  I can’t understand how you would be dependent on them.  However, I am not an immigration expert and can only offer my opinion.  I suggest you speak to a professional regarding your future dependent status.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An update to receiving our Online Medical referral letter.

A week has passed by and we haven't received our letter. I phone immigration this morning and they confirmed that if I made an online application I should be able to print my referral letter. I asked whether Home Affairs looked at your application and decided what tests you needed,,,"em,em, let me see what the computer says" we then went through the process again and got back to the same point.

"Shall I ring BUPA to ask them?"
" Yes, do that. Have we been helpful and answered your query today please stay on the line and complete the survey"

I gave them a glowing reference.....Every little bit helps[emoji3]

Went round and round in circles trying to find a contact number about referral letters to no avail. I then stumbled upon a page on the Home Affairs site that mentioned if you can't print your referral letter it may be a problem with Pop Up Blockers on your computer.

I tried to print the referral letter out again and sure enough a little box in the address bar showed that this site is blocked. I clicked the box and printed the letter out.

So no doctor holding up the process just me not knowing enough about computers.

Hopefully this will help others in the same situation.

Bridgie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, LBee said:

Hi 

maybe you should speak to an immigration officer about whether you are dependent on your parents and what the meaning of dependent means regarding immigration.  Clearly if you are workin, or indeed able to work,  I can’t understand how you would be dependent on them.  However, I am not an immigration expert and can only offer my opinion.  I suggest you speak to a professional regarding your future dependent status.

11 hours ago, Rosiejaq said:

Also surely you can not apply for a 143 as you are not the parent of the sponsor?

16 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

The fact you ask can you go to work whilst waiting would indicate you are not dependant as you are capable of getting a job. 

I'm on the parents application as a dependent.

Condition 173: Associated children must be under 18 years of age (or may be 18-23 if the dependent child is totally dependent on you) .... and I'm the associated child. 

my brother's the sponsor for my family. visa 173 has been completed. When applying for a 143 visa, some people say that I must continue to depend on the family for the duration of my 143 visa. So I feel confused, I used to think that I could get a job instead of continuing to depend on my family. 

1 hour ago, Ivy0311 said:

Condition 173: Associated children must be under 18 years of age (or may be 18-23 if the dependent child is totally dependent on you) .... and I'm the associated child. 

The conditions says an associated child must EITHER be under 18 years of age OR 18-23. Notice that says the maximum age is 23, not 27.

If you are older than 23, then you can only be classified as dependent if you have some mental or physical problem that prevents you from working.  

This rule changed in 2016.  If your parents had a temporary visa granted before 2016, then the old rules may still apply to them and you can be included.  

Edited by Marisawright
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, superman2016 said:

It looks like there are a lot of 103 applicants currently switching to 143 due to AOS saga.

Kev

How can you say this I can’t see the connection between AOS and switching visas . The current 103 has not reduced in in recent years applications see my previous posts.

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

The conditions says an associated child must EITHER be under 18 years of age OR 18-23. Notice that says the maximum age is 23, not 27.

If you are older than 23, then you can only be classified as dependent if you have some mental or physical problem that prevents you from working.  

This rule changed in 2016.  If your parents had a temporary visa granted before 2016, then the old rules may still apply to them and you can be included.  

Rules of dependence was changed in 2016 so it won't apply we were told our application will be assessed in 20 months at the time of lodgement I was 21 so it did not affect my application 

2 hours ago, Zaki said:

Rules of dependence was changed in 2016 so it won't apply we were told our application will be assessed in 20 months at the time of lodgement I was 21 so it did not affect my application 

But this person will be at least 30 by the time the 143 is apprived. No way will they be seen as a dependent 

4 hours ago, Ivy0311 said:

my brother's the sponsor for my family. visa 173 has been completed. When applying for a 143 visa, some people say that I must continue to depend on the family for the duration of my 143 visa. So I feel confused, I used to think that I could get a job instead of continuing to depend on my family. 

Firstly I am surprised you are included on your parents 173 visa - I did not think this visa took 4+ years to obtain (assuming your parents applied when you were 23) and since you are 27 that would assume they must of applied at least 4 years ago!!  Obviously as you are not sure whether you should work or not would suggest you are fit and able to work and therefore not really dependent on your parents - this in my opinion kind of makes a mockery of the visa process - no wonder Australia want to reduce immigration 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, purpleal said:

This loophole needs to be closed. An adult of 27 should be applying for a visa in their own right. 

I agree whole heartedly. The 143 visa is for parents, there a few enough 143 visas and someone of 27 years old is not a child so should be applying for a different visa. This loophole definitely needs to be closed. This may sound hard but unless the person is mentally or physically disabled I can’t see why they are entitled to a Parent Visa. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

But this person will be at least 30 by the time the 143 is apprived. No way will they be seen as a dependent 

DIBP has hired literate qualified officers to decide dependency so let them decide...

40 minutes ago, Jellybean T said:

I agree whole heartedly. The 143 visa is for parents, there a few enough 143 visas and someone of 27 years old is not a child so should be applying for a different visa. This loophole definitely needs to be closed. This may sound hard but unless the person is mentally or physically disabled I can’t see why they are entitled to a Parent Visa. 

I've just been trying to imegine the situation, and I have to admit it would be driving me insane! All those years unable to work and dependent on the parents for home, pocket money, clothes etc etc. Might sound appealing for a short while but if I'd still been dependent at 27 I'd have been crawling the walls trying to get away!! What the hell would you DO all day?!

Thats without considering whether an able-bodies, employable 27 year old ought to still be dependent. I guess it was the only way of getting visas for the whole family......

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 3