Guest guest36187

10 hours ago, nam_n said:

My case is the same as above. Not sure if resubmitting overseas police check is an indication that my application is going to be approved. Not hearing any news from department making me worry so much.

In my experience, they often reply  in 3 weeks every single time I submit any documents, and all replies consistently arrived on a Monday. Look out for the third weeks since your last submission

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

Maz lodged 30.10.15

Not sure if you still doing this I am going back in all the posts and picking up some very good tips. I have time to kill! 

Hi Marilyn

I still monitor progress based on people's signature, it helps to make up for the lack of information and transparency from IMMI, however it does depend on people keeping their information up to date. Here is an up to date list for 2015 showing when people lodges their visa application and people's latest status and date that they achieved that status.

Gogirl 28 Jan 2015 Visa granted 21 Dec 2017          Ant111 06 Feb 2015 Visa granted 6 July 2018          Elnak 25 Feb 2015 Visa granted 20 Feb 2018

MikenC 10 Mar 2015 Visa granted 3 July 2018         Merryweather 11 Mar 2015 Visa granted 3 July 2018          Pertenhall 12 Mar 2015 2nd round of AOS July 2018

Nicole Eire 18 Mar 2015 Visa granted 4 July 2018          Rahul Shankar 18 Mar 2015 Visa granted 15 Feb 2018        IanS61 19 Mar 2015 2nd Vac paid 13 Mar 2018

Tidang 26 Mar 2015 2nd Vac paid 12 Jun 2018         nyorksgrannie 10 Apr 2015 Visa granted 4 Apr 2018          Mrs Depp 16 Apr 2015 visa granted 3 July 2018

Ray & Geri 23 Apr 2015 contacted to supply documents 24 Apr 2018       Whataday 24 Apr 2015 2nd Vac paid 18 May 2018       Harris L16 28 Apr 2015 Visa granted 13 Apr 2018

Zaki 4 May 2015 Visa granted 10 Jul 2018       Seamus 11 May 2015 AOS acceptance 20 Dec 2017       Nitinmich 17 May 2015  Visa granted 6 Jul 2018

Val Tibenham 21 May 2015 awaiting request for documents      gurtej singh 18 May 2015 awaiting request for documents       Peter2 18 May 2015 documents requested 18 Dec 2017

Lolly T 3 Jun 2015 documents requested 2 Feb 2018       Lynn Moore 5 Jun 2015 awaiting request for documents          Lisa Lou 8 Jun 2015 awaiting request for documents

Geoffandgill 9 Jun 2015 AOS acceptance 23 Apr 2018       Ryan 2017 10 Jun 2015 AOS acceptance  11 Apr 2018       Rubyford 10 Jun 2015 awaiting request for documents

Airlinegal 15 Jun 2015 AOS acceptance 10 Apr 2018        Emmys Gran 22 Jun 2015 documents requested 1 May 2018       Judy 23 Jun 2015 documents requested 3 May 2018

David HD 24 Jun 2015 documents requested 14 Jun 2018       Thomas 1965 25 Jun 2015 documents requested 3 Apr 2018

The following are all awaiting request for documents:

qizi 30 Jun 2015    Daljeet 28 Jun 2015    Ian Ireland 30 Jun 2015     Bev50 Bradley 13 Jul 2015     David Leask 16 Jul 2015     BillSueMac 1 Aug 2015     Rosijaq 4 Aug 2018

Sharad Guru 15 Aug 2015     Mrs Bee 5 Sept 2015     JesseyJ 25 Sept 2015     Bear2015 2 Oct 2015     Kimboslice 4 Oct 2015     Marilyn 30 Oct 2015     Wishful  28 Oct 2015

AMP 1 Dec 2015      Karu1 5 Dec 2015     Jellybean T 8 Dec 2015     luckymallen 12 Dec 2015

So you can see we both have a way to go yet!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Marilyn said:

I don't think they doing this anymore i was on page 375 and saw the list and then continued reading and all info now is on a visa tracker http://www.australia-parent-visas.com/tracker2.php 

I did wonder as I know about the tracker..just thought someone was trying to clarify who’s where!  I have a folder where all relevant comments go automatically - makes it much easier!

• Thanks 1

Hi guys,

I don't see any official tracking page somewhere, so I've made this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE

I've included your username there. If you don't want to be included somehow, please let me know.

Please feel free to edit or make suggestion. I'll try to populate more data later.

Mod, if this is not allowed, please remove this post.

Cheers

• Like 3

On 25/07/2018 at 09:07, AMP said:

Hi everyone.  Again it’s a good while since I posted on this forum, though I do check it weekly!  I continue to be happily in Oz on my 600 visa whilst waiting for my143 which will HOPEFULLY be processed in the next 12 months.  

I have a question about tax and I think this is particularly relevant for anyone like me who is, or has been here, on a 600 visa.  I’ve checked and found out that, although I am only here on a visitor visa, I am classed as “Resident for Tax purposes in Australia”.  My only Australian source income is less than $100 per annum of bank interest.  I understand that until I have my 143 visa then I am only eligible for tax on Au generated income.  I also understand that I am obliged to lodge a Non Lodgement Advice for the 2017 to 2018 tax year, which basically means I wont fill in a tax return but am stating that my income is below the level where I need to pay Australian tax.  My other income, which is all from the UK, is declared and is taxable in the UK.

My problem here is knowing how to obtain a Tax file number (TFN).  On line applications are only available for those with work or other visas.  I understand that it’s possible to apply for the TFN via the post office but I’m unsure whether this is the correct route.  Also on the sample form it asks when I arrived in Australia.  I’m unsure what date to give as I came here in October but then had a 3 week visit back to the UK in May,  Has anyone already dealt with this TFN issue and have advice  know what I should now be doing please?

Many thanks in anticipation.

@AMP Hi there. We recently obtained our TFNs.

The first step is to apply for a TFN online here: https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/tax-file-number/apply-for-a-tfn/foreign-passport-holders,-permanent-migrants-and-temporary-visitors---tfn-application/ as a permanent migrant. Then once you receive your TFN by post, you have to link it to your MyGov account to be able to submit your tax return. Step by step guide here: https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Tax-file-number/In-detail/How-to-use-the-online-TFN-registration-(Permanent-migrants-and-temporary-visitors)/

Step 2 : Log into your MyGov account and then call the number on the taxation website and you will be given a one time linking code to link your TFN to your MyGov account. The person in the call centre will guide you through the process if you request them to do so.

More info here: https://www.ato.gov.au/Media-centre/Articles/First-time-s-a-charm---ATO-advice-for-lodging-your-first-tax-return/

Hope this helps.

Edited by elnak
Links added
  • Thanks 1

@AMP Sorry....

Hmmmm ok.......... I see you are still on visitor visa. Yes, we could also only get TFN numbers once we received our visas. I will leave the post about the TFN on here anyway, for the benefit of others as well. 

We simply waited for the visas and only then applied for TFNs. If the banks have withheld any interest because you don't have a TFN, you will need to complete a tax return. I have not completed mine yet, but will keep you updated as soon as I get to that part.

On 26/07/2018 at 09:23, Alan Collett said:

I would submit a paper based TFN application, if you need to have a TFN.

Best regards.

Ok, many thanks Alan.  I’ll be getting back to you for formal support when my 143 is finally through and when I need to do my first full tax return!  In the meantime thanks again for all the support you provide to this forum.

2 hours ago, elnak said:

@AMP Hi there. We recently obtained our TFNs.

The first step is to apply for a TFN online here: https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/tax-file-number/apply-for-a-tfn/foreign-passport-holders,-permanent-migrants-and-temporary-visitors---tfn-application/ as a permanent migrant. Then once you receive your TFN by post, you have to link it to your MyGov account to be able to submit your tax return. Step by step guide here: https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Tax-file-number/In-detail/How-to-use-the-online-TFN-registration-(Permanent-migrants-and-temporary-visitors)/

Step 2 : Log into your MyGov account and then call the number on the taxation website and you will be given a one time linking code to link your TFN to your MyGov account. The person in the call centre will guide you through the process if you request them to do so.

More info here: https://www.ato.gov.au/Media-centre/Articles/First-time-s-a-charm---ATO-advice-for-lodging-your-first-tax-return/

Hope this helps.

Thanks for taking  the trouble to reply to my post.  The problem is though that one of the conditions of the on line application is that you need to have a long stay visa, which I don’t have.  Presumably by the time you applied yours you already had your 143 or similar through?  Thanks for the other useful info though. 

5 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi guys,

I don't see any official tracking page somewhere, so I've made this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qdUJtvi43-4Ma76iDQWtT3Dv2KK4HxA1lvQzeAB2MOE

I've included your username there. If you don't want to be included somehow, please let me know.

Please feel free to edit or make suggestion. I'll try to populate more data later.

Cheers

Looks good, but you missed us out. If possible can you add our details into spreadsheet!

Cheers Geoff & Gill

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Good job mate ♥️ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Great job - depressing to see how long it’s now taking to get a visa - when we applied it stated 18-24 months !! 

16 hours ago, Wishfull said:

Hi Marilyn

I still monitor progress based on people's signature, it helps to make up for the lack of information and transparency from IMMI, however it does depend on people keeping their information up to date. Here is an up to date list for 2015 showing when people lodges their visa application and people's latest status and date that they achieved that status.

Gogirl 28 Jan 2015 Visa granted 21 Dec 2017          Ant111 06 Feb 2015 Visa granted 6 July 2018          Elnak 25 Feb 2015 Visa granted 20 Feb 2018

MikenC 10 Mar 2015 Visa granted 3 July 2018         Merryweather 11 Mar 2015 Visa granted 3 July 2018          Pertenhall 12 Mar 2015 2nd round of AOS July 2018

Nicole Eire 18 Mar 2015 Visa granted 4 July 2018          Rahul Shankar 18 Mar 2015 Visa granted 15 Feb 2018        IanS61 19 Mar 2015 2nd Vac paid 13 Mar 2018

Tidang 26 Mar 2015 2nd Vac paid 12 Jun 2018         nyorksgrannie 10 Apr 2015 Visa granted 4 Apr 2018          Mrs Depp 16 Apr 2015 visa granted 3 July 2018

Ray & Geri 23 Apr 2015 contacted to supply documents 24 Apr 2018       Whataday 24 Apr 2015 2nd Vac paid 18 May 2018       Harris L16 28 Apr 2015 Visa granted 13 Apr 2018

Zaki 4 May 2015 Visa granted 10 Jul 2018       Seamus 11 May 2015 AOS acceptance 20 Dec 2017       Nitinmich 17 May 2015  Visa granted 6 Jul 2018

Val Tibenham 21 May 2015 awaiting request for documents      gurtej singh 18 May 2015 awaiting request for documents       Peter2 18 May 2015 documents requested 18 Dec 2017

Lolly T 3 Jun 2015 documents requested 2 Feb 2018       Lynn Moore 5 Jun 2015 awaiting request for documents          Lisa Lou 8 Jun 2015 awaiting request for documents

Geoffandgill 9 Jun 2015 AOS acceptance 23 Apr 2018       Ryan 2017 10 Jun 2015 AOS acceptance  11 Apr 2018       Rubyford 10 Jun 2015 awaiting request for documents

Airlinegal 15 Jun 2015 AOS acceptance 10 Apr 2018        Emmys Gran 22 Jun 2015 documents requested 1 May 2018       Judy 23 Jun 2015 documents requested 3 May 2018

David HD 24 Jun 2015 documents requested 14 Jun 2018       Thomas 1965 25 Jun 2015 documents requested 3 Apr 2018

The following are all awaiting request for documents:

qizi 30 Jun 2015    Daljeet 28 Jun 2015    Ian Ireland 30 Jun 2015     Bev50 Bradley 13 Jul 2015     David Leask 16 Jul 2015     BillSueMac 1 Aug 2015     Rosijaq 4 Aug 2018

Sharad Guru 15 Aug 2015     Mrs Bee 5 Sept 2015     JesseyJ 25 Sept 2015     Bear2015 2 Oct 2015     Kimboslice 4 Oct 2015     Marilyn 30 Oct 2015     Wishful  28 Oct 2015

AMP 1 Dec 2015      Karu1 5 Dec 2015     Jellybean T 8 Dec 2015     luckymallen 12 Dec 2015

So you can see we both have a way to go yet!

This is amazing and although it looks daunting and disappointing its rewarding seeing some in June have already been requested for documents. Thank you so much it kind of lifted my spirits abit and all I am doing is thinking this time next year I will be there!

7 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Excellent - btw my lodgement is acknowledgement is 02.11.15

• Like 1

I just had a thought and wondered if anyone else has the same and may know the answer. My sponsors details have changed namely home address, email address and now an Australian citizen (was on a EU passport) to when I lodged the application. I had a look on the website and cannot find any forms to change the sponsors details only for the main applicant. 

Do I need to advise IMMI (although the Form 80 will cover the changes) that there has been changes to the sponsor's personal details?   

Edited by Marilyn

1 hour ago, Marilyn said:

I just had a thought and wondered if anyone else has the same and may know the answer. My sponsors details have changed namely home address, email address and now an Australian citizen (was on a EU passport) to when I lodged the application. I had a look on the website and cannot find any forms to change the sponsors details only for the main applicant. 

Do I need to advise IMMI (although the Form 80 will cover the changes) that there has been changes to the sponsor's personal details?   

Hi Maz, I've been watching the forum since before I even lodged my 143 visa on 19/08/2016 but have now joined to say how impressed I am with both your and Peter's tracking details and to say that I am In the same boat as you re my sponsor's details having changed.  He has now changed jobs, and address.  As you say, the Form 80 will cover changes and it will be a long time before I'm asked to complete that but if there's anything that can be done in advance to speed up the long winded processes then it would be handy to know!

12 hours ago, Peter2 said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Nice work Peter2. Please feel free to add me to the list with lodged date 28th March 2016.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juliet7 said:

Hi Maz, I've been watching the forum since before I even lodged my 143 visa on 19/08/2016 but have now joined to say how impressed I am with both your and Peter's tracking details and to say that I am In the same boat as you re my sponsor's details having changed.  He has now changed jobs, and address.  As you say, the Form 80 will cover changes and it will be a long time before I'm asked to complete that but if there's anything that can be done in advance to speed up the long winded processes then it would be handy to know!

Sorry Marilyn, I should have used your name rather than Maz.

12 hours ago, Marilyn said:

Email WA Parents with yr reference number and inform them of any changes

Hi Marylin,

Our sponsor has now got citizenship and we informed IMMI using Form 1022. It seemed to work and we received an acknowledgement.

We also used Form 929 to advise IMMI of a change of address for us and new passport details for my wife.

I would advise that you tell them now rather than wait for Form 80.

Best regards
David
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

Nice work Peter2. Please feel free to add me to the list with lodged date 28th March 2016.

Thanks! I've created another sheet for 173 visa.

There is not enough data for that page to be useful at the moment. If anyone would like to contribute, please feel free to edit.

• Like 1

Hi Marylin,

Our sponsor has now got citizenship and we informed IMMI using Form 1022. It seemed to work and we received an acknowledgement.

We also used Form 929 to advise IMMI of a change of address for us and new passport details for my wife.

I would advise that you tell them now rather than wait for Form 80.

Best regards
David

Sorry, my bad spelling ...... Marilyn [emoji4]