Guest guest36187

1 hour ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi Amber,

I understand people have different needs and some may take longer than others, the Government have been doing this a long time, now granting visas.

I find it very difficult to understand how we can not be able to locate a web site, that gives us a more accurate processing time  for each individual visa.

from what I can see is that it took 5 month to process April 2015 143 visas,

27/12/17 Processing up to 9th April 2015  

23/02 2018                            9th April 2015

19/05/2018                         30th April 2015

Which would you prefer? The case officers spending hours updating details of where each visa is n the processing queue, or thee case officer actually spending time working on processing said visas?

4 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi Amber,

I understand people have different needs and some may take longer than others, the Government have been doing this a long time, now granting visas.

I find it very difficult to understand how we can not be able to locate a web site, that gives us a more accurate processing time  for each individual visa.

5 months to process 1 month's worth of applications, so that's 5 years to process a whole year. And that will take us to +7 years to get our visas (or a refund if we die first).

6 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi Amber,

6 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi Amber,

We are April 2015 and they are STILL processing our visa... 18 week delay with AoS by Centrelink....ggrrrrr

Guest Gurtej teji
17 minutes ago, Ray and Geri said:

We are April 2015 and they are STILL processing our visa... 18 week delay with AoS by Centrelink....ggrrrrr

I'm also applied 14 may 2015 and AOS applied 20 march 2018 but yet didn't receive call from centrelink it's been almost 17 weeks

Hi everyone.  Again it’s a good while since I posted on this forum, though I do check it weekly!  I continue to be happily in Oz on my 600 visa whilst waiting for my143 which will HOPEFULLY be processed in the next 12 months.  

I have a question about tax and I think this is particularly relevant for anyone like me who is, or has been here, on a 600 visa.  I’ve checked and found out that, although I am only here on a visitor visa, I am classed as “Resident for Tax purposes in Australia”.  My only Australian source income is less than $100 per annum of bank interest.  I understand that until I have my 143 visa then I am only eligible for tax on Au generated income.  I also understand that I am obliged to lodge a Non Lodgement Advice for the 2017 to 2018 tax year, which basically means I wont fill in a tax return but am stating that my income is below the level where I need to pay Australian tax.  My other income, which is all from the UK, is declared and is taxable in the UK.

My problem here is knowing how to obtain a Tax file number (TFN).  On line applications are only available for those with work or other visas.  I understand that it’s possible to apply for the TFN via the post office but I’m unsure whether this is the correct route.  Also on the sample form it asks when I arrived in Australia.  I’m unsure what date to give as I came here in October but then had a 3 week visit back to the UK in May,  Has anyone already dealt with this TFN issue and have advice  know what I should now be doing please?

Many thanks in anticipation.

• Like 1

On 17/07/2018 at 10:06, Sydneypianoteacher said:

Hi dear friends

I have done and submitted Bank Guarantee ( bond of $10000AUD) on 25 May 2018 for the AOS application

and I am still waiting for the Acceptance Letter from the centrelink. Today is 17 July 2018

Is it normal to wait that long? I have phoned the centrelink 2 times, they always say "the application will be finalised soon" but they refuse to give any time frame.   

My understanding is that once bank guarantee request was made, it means that the AOS application is assessed and approved, so Bank Guarantee is needed before issuing Acceptance Letter. Please correct me if I am wrong

There are the dates of the entire visa application for your reference

April 2015   143 visa application submitted

Oct 2017     Parents Visa team from WA invited my mom to prepare documents (  AOS , Form 80, Police check and medical check)

28 Nov 2017    AOS submitted by me via centrelink office in Sydney   

13 April 2018   Parents Visa Team Case office assigned   

15 April 2018  Phone interview from the centrelink AOS team

16 April  2018   Form 80,  Police check, medical check  and submitted to Parents Visa team,    medical check got some issues due to the                                          suspected  lung problem, an additional medical check is required which takes another 3 month

Besides, requested extension of submitting ducoments due to the long processing time of AOS and additional medical exam   (                              (2 weeks later, the request was granted by  a  different case officer)

25 May 2018   centrelink required me to put Bank Guarantee  

Bank Guarantee was done on the same day and relevant document was scanned via mygov

16 July 2018   My mom has done the additional health check

17 July 2018...Today, still waiting for the Acceptance Letter from Centrelink

CENTERLINK, THE WORST GOV AGENCY ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been about 2 months since the bank guarantee bond of lodged, still no update. Called centerlink twice, (the second time I have spoken with the supervisor)  no effective solution has been offered.  They always say, if you are concerned about the delayed AOS, you need to contact the department of home affairs, and then the Home Affairs people say they can not do anything to put any influence to AOS cause AOS is handled by centerlink.  Besides, all centerlink operators say they are not allowed to contact AOS team. Then, what is the point of setting up the useless customer service center that not being able to provide any help at all?

I have lodged a complaint online, and after spending 15 mins filling the form online, the centerlink system says your session has expired and window closed. So I have to write again but on word doc instead, and copy -paste just in case the centerlink play with you again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

CENTERLINK, THE WORST GOV AGENCY ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has been about 2 months since the bank guarantee bond of lodged, still no update. Called centerlink twice, (the second time I have spoken with the supervisor)  no effective solution has been offered.  They always say, if you are concerned about the delayed AOS, you need to contact the department of home affairs, and then the Home Affairs people say they can not do anything to put any influence to AOS cause AOS is handled by centerlink.  Besides, all centerlink operators say they are not allowed to contact AOS team. Then, what is the point of setting up the useless customer service center that not being able to provide any help at all?

I have lodged a complaint online, and after spending 15 mins filling the form online, the centerlink system says your session has expired and window closed. So I have to write again but on word doc instead, and copy -paste just in case the centerlink play with you again.

I suggest you also your assurer to write to his/her local Member - contact details are available here: https://www.aph.gov.au/Senators_and_Members/Parliamentarian_Search_Results?q=&mem=1&par=-1&gen=0&ps=0

Also the responsible Minister: https://www.mhs.gov.au/contact

Pressure for change needs to come from above.

Best regards.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Merryweather said:

I think they are understaffed (we were told AOS team was tiny) and snowed under with applications. I agree change needs to come from above. 

There has been a slash and burn of staff at Centrelink in recent times, and medicare has had a lot of “consolidation “ of tasks, so everything taking longer.

23 hours ago, jimbob007 said:

Hi Amber,

Sorry, I was giving a perspective of the cost of interpreters in general health and assessment once here as to why having an english test for parent migrants might not be a bad idea.

The visa queue waittimes are insane and you have my full sympathy. As alan collett says below, write to your federal member of parliament. Your federal member has more time on their hands than your local member I have been reliably informed from a nurse on the inside!

13 hours ago, AMP said:

Hi everyone.  Again it’s a good while since I posted on this forum, though I do check it weekly!  I continue to be happily in Oz on my 600 visa whilst waiting for my143 which will HOPEFULLY be processed in the next 12 months.  

I have a question about tax and I think this is particularly relevant for anyone like me who is, or has been here, on a 600 visa.  I’ve checked and found out that, although I am only here on a visitor visa, I am classed as “Resident for Tax purposes in Australia”.  My only Australian source income is less than $100 per annum of bank interest.  I understand that until I have my 143 visa then I am only eligible for tax on Au generated income.  I also understand that I am obliged to lodge a Non Lodgement Advice for the 2017 to 2018 tax year, which basically means I wont fill in a tax return but am stating that my income is below the level where I need to pay Australian tax.  My other income, which is all from the UK, is declared and is taxable in the UK.

My problem here is knowing how to obtain a Tax file number (TFN).  On line applications are only available for those with work or other visas.  I understand that it’s possible to apply for the TFN via the post office but I’m unsure whether this is the correct route.  Also on the sample form it asks when I arrived in Australia.  I’m unsure what date to give as I came here in October but then had a 3 week visit back to the UK in May,  Has anyone already dealt with this TFN issue and have advice  know what I should now be doing please?

@Alan Collett  helppp? ??

The dreaded Form 80. I am currently filling this in whilst the boss is away on annual leave and there is some peace and quiet. I just wanted to ask those that have already filled it in when they ask for "last 10 years" do they mean from the date you have lodged your application which for me would be 2015 or from the date / year they are requesting you to complete it?

3 minutes ago, Marilyn said:

The dreaded Form 80. I am currently filling this in whilst the boss is away on annual leave and there is some peace and quiet. I just wanted to ask those that have already filled it in when they ask for "last 10 years" do they mean from the date you have lodged your application which for me would be 2015 or from the date / year they are requesting you to complete it?

Date /year they request the form 10yrs back from that date I would have thought  and to be honest they sometimes change the format for a new one, others have had to re do

Edited by Kathss56
  • Thanks 1

On 25/07/2018 at 09:07, AMP said:

I would submit a paper based TFN application, if you need to have a TFN.

Best regards.

• Thanks 2

AOS application lodged on 28 Nov 2017

Bank Guarantee made on 25 May 2018

Date of today  26 Aug 2018

About 8 months waiting so far, still have not received the Acceptance Letter

I was wondering if my application has the longest waiting time.   Apart from making a complaint within centrelink, speaking to AOS phone center supervisor or writing to the minister of human services, is there anything I should do?   The 143 application has been assessed by the case officer, and he said he has reviewed all documents, just waiting for the AOS acceptance letter.  

AOS extremely long delay!!!!!     

Date of today  26 July 2018

I was wondering if my application has the longest waiting time.   Apart from making a complaint within centrelink, speaking to AOS phone center supervisor or writing to the minister of human services, is there anything I should do?   The 143 application has been assessed by the case officer, and he said he has reviewed all documents, just waiting for the AOS acceptance letter. 

12 hours ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

AOS extremely long delay!!!!!     

Date of today  26 July 2018

Yes, 8 months could be a record wait for AoS. When did you apply for your visa? (you can also add your visa info to your signature)

On 10/02/2016 at 10:06, Wishfull said:

Here is an updated 2015 lodgers list:

Gogirl1 lodged 20/01/15

IanS61 lodged 19/03/15

Harris L16 lodged 28/04/15

Lisa Lou lodged 08/06/15

Geoffandgill lodged 09/06/15

Rubyford lodged 10/06/15

Bev50Bradley lodged 10/07/15

Bear2015 lodged 02/10/15

Myself lodged 03/11/15

AMP lodged 10/12/15

Assuming people are processed in order, come 2016 we should hopefully be able to track where we are up to. Look forward to waving farewell to you Gogirl1 to start our exodus from the Waiting Room.

Maz lodged 30.10.15

Not sure if you still doing this I am going back in all the posts and picking up some very good tips. I have time to kill!