Guest guest36187

9 hours ago, DavidHD said:

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/immigration/duttons-vetting-drive-slashes-20000-from-migrant-intake/news-story/a0510c51e8be5411e421f1792c847a4

Dutton is at it again! He slashed immigration intake by more than 20k , bringing it to the lowest level in 10 years

Sadly link is broken but the 404 messages from politicians are quite fun!

38 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

Just got second vac request. For 143

Applied 15 may 2015.

How long after sending in the second vac via bank cheque is the visa useually granted ?

Cheers Kipper99

Gratz friend. May i ask if DIBP request any further documents from you or they just straight up gave out the 2nd vac letter. Thank you

1 hour ago, Kipper99 said:

Applied 15 may 2015.

How long after sending in the second vac via bank cheque is the visa useually granted ?

Cheers Kipper99

Congratulations! Normally they grant the visa within a few days from receiving the 2nd vac payment.

Edited by SusieRoo

Well, our daughter has now re-submitted the AoS paperwork on line.  All receipted and she just has to go in to the office and confirm her ID.  Estimated completion date on the confirmation is 27th August, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Just hope it doesn't take them another 24 weeks to make a decision!

• Like 7

Guest Gurtej teji
2 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

Applied 15 may 2015.

Cheers Kipper99

Congrats 

2 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

Applied 15 may 2015.

Cheers Kipper99

Congrats kipper when did you send the all documents and how long did you wait for  issue Aos later?

Because i have applied 14 may 2015 just wait for Assurance of support i applied 20 march 2018 it's been nearly 4 months but still didn't get interview call

So we didn't send any documents due to AOS 

59 minutes ago, Pertenhall said:

Well, our daughter has now re-submitted the AoS paperwork on line.  All receipted and she just has to go in to the office and confirm her ID.  Estimated completion date on the confirmation is 27th August, but I'll believe it when I see it.  Just hope it doesn't take them another 24 weeks to make a decision!

Our son applied for aos online 9may with expected completion date 20 June but we haven't heard from them yet. I asked him if he had to go to centrelink and he said that he had done everything online I hope he was right about that. Anyway he is going to try and ring them this week for an update so  we will see. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Judy said:

Our son applied for aos online 9may with expected completion date 20 June but we haven't heard from them yet. I asked him if he had to go to centrelink and he said that he had done everything online I hope he was right about that. Anyway he is going to try and ring them this week for an update so  we will see. 

Maybe he managed to do everything on line but I know our daughhter said she had to actually go in to prove her identity.  It would definitely be worth checking.

1 hour ago, Pertenhall said:

Maybe he managed to do everything on line but I know our daughhter said she had to actually go in to prove her identity.  It would definitely be worth checking.

I've asked him to check but I have just looked at human services website and I think you only need to provide id if you have created a new mygov account. 

Hi dear friends

I have done and submitted Bank Guarantee ( bond of $10000AUD) on 25 May 2018 for the AOS application

and I am still waiting for the Acceptance Letter from the centrelink. Today is 17 July 2018

Is it normal to wait that long? I have phoned the centrelink 2 times, they always say "the application will be finalised soon" but they refuse to give any time frame.   

My understanding is that once bank guarantee request was made, it means that the AOS application is assessed and approved, so Bank Guarantee is needed before issuing Acceptance Letter. Please correct me if I am wrong

There are the dates of the entire visa application for your reference

April 2015   143 visa application submitted

Oct 2017     Parents Visa team from WA invited my mom to prepare documents (  AOS , Form 80, Police check and medical check)

28 Nov 2017    AOS submitted by me via centrelink office in Sydney   

13 April 2018   Parents Visa Team Case office assigned   

15 April 2018  Phone interview from the centrelink AOS team

16 April  2018   Form 80,  Police check, medical check  and submitted to Parents Visa team,    medical check got some issues due to the                                          suspected  lung problem, an additional medical check is required which takes another 3 month

Besides, requested extension of submitting ducoments due to the long processing time of AOS and additional medical exam   (                              (2 weeks later, the request was granted by  a  different case officer)

25 May 2018   centrelink required me to put Bank Guarantee  

Bank Guarantee was done on the same day and relevant document was scanned via mygov

16 July 2018   My mom has done the additional health check

17 July 2018...Today, still waiting for the Acceptance Letter from Centrelink

• Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

Hi dear friends

I have done and submitted Bank Guarantee ( bond of $10000AUD) on 25 May 2018 for the AOS application

and I am still waiting for the Acceptance Letter from the centrelink. Today is 17 July 2018

Is it normal to wait that long? I have phoned the centrelink 2 times, they always say "the application will be finalised soon" but they refuse to give any time frame.   

My understanding is that once bank guarantee request was made, it means that the AOS application is assessed and approved, so Bank Guarantee is needed before issuing Acceptance Letter. Please correct me if I am wrong

Oct 2017     Parents Visa team from WA invited my mom to prepare documents (  AOS , Form 80, Police check and medical check)

16 April  2018   Form 80,  Police check, medical check  and submitted to Parents Visa team,    medical check got some issues due to the                                          suspected  lung problem, an additional medical check is required which takes another 3 month

Besides, requested extension of submitting ducoments due to the long processing time of AOS and additional medical exam   (                              (2 weeks later, the request was granted by  a  different case officer)

Bank Guarantee was done on the same day and relevant document was scanned via mygov

You should contact their feedback line.

1 hour ago, Sydneypianoteacher said:

Hi dear friends

When I was waiting it was about two weeks to about six weeks wait. 

Sydneypianoteacher - Double check with centre link that there isn't a problem with your earnings! If you look back though this thread, Pertenhall had similar problems and they discovered his daughter's earnings weren't enough and they had to resubmit in the new FY. However, Centrelink didn't tell them for ages and in the end they had to contact their MP to get an answer for delay! 

(Hope I'm relating this correctly, Pertenhall??)

6 minutes ago, Merryweather said:

Sydneypianoteacher - Double check with centre link that there isn't a problem with your earnings! If you look back though this thread, Pertenhall had similar problems and they discovered his daughter's earnings weren't enough and they had to resubmit in the new FY. However, Centrelink didn't tell them for ages and in the end they had to contact their MP to get an answer for delay! 

(Hope I'm relating this correctly, Pertenhall??)

Yes - correct.  She kept phoning and calling in at the office and they always told her all the paperwork was there and it was just waiting to be processed.  In the end she was told that her application had been rejected as she earned AUD2,000 too little in the previous year.  This was after 24 weeks and without any contact from them to discuss the situation.  The fact that she and her ex-husband shared custody of the 2 children and all expenses she was still classed as having 2 children.  Also, they don't count Family Tax Credit as income - not sure what it is if it isn't income - but there you go.  However @Sydneypianoteacher you have already gone through the interview stage, so I would have thought they would have told you then if you didn't meet the criteria.  Definitely worth chasing Centrelink and if necessary putting in a complaint.

Hello everyone, 

Hope you all doing good. 

I have a query if you guys can assist with it that would be really helpful. I lodged my application for CPV 143 back in 23 June, 2015 but havn't received any request from immigration to start preparing documentaton like Police check or AoS. When I go through some members' signatures they either applied on same date or later than me but have received request for documenetation preparation more than 2 months ago . I am bit worried. Anyone has an idea how immigration system works when it comes to sending these requests ? 

Please reply.

Simhar

11 hours ago, DavidHD said:

Hi Simhar.

Looking back, I actually lodged the application on 18 June. The acknowledgement from the department came back on 24 June. So what is your acknowledgement date? 

Hi David, 

Thanks for your reply. 

My acknowledgement date is 03/07/2015. 

Regards

What the heck, it looks like the DIBP stop inviting 143 applicants whom applied after 1/07/2015 to provide documents such as medicals, policy check and etc.

Kev

Hi Kev,

Where did you find this information, could you post it for clarity. Apologies if I have missed it on a previous thread.

Bridgie

4 minutes ago, bridgie said:

Hi Kev,

Where did you find this information, could you post it for clarity. Apologies if I have missed it on a previous thread.

Bridgie

From what I know, it seems that DIBP has started inviting some 143 applicants whom lodged on May and June 2015 to prepare documents from the beginning of 2018. Between May and June, a majority of June 2015 applicants have already received an invite from DIBP. However, none of July 2015 applicant has received any news until now.

Kev

• Like 1